Elexecution is offline Associate Member

Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Pasta...

Is this a good alternative to brown rice? I wanted to substitute some complex carbs in for one of my brown rice meals... I'm wondering how high this whole wheat pasta is on the GI and if it is made from processed flour or anything like that.. Thanks
    Last edited by Elexecution; 05-19-2008 at 02:00 PM.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Go with Spelt pasta, its lowere GI, better taste and texture as far as I am concerned as well.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The GI of whole wheat pasta will differ pending the size and thickness of the noodle. The thicker the noodle the lower the GI and the longer you cook the noodle the higher the GI gets. The lowest GI can be seen when the noodle is cooked, as the Italians say "adante" (I think that is how you spell it) which is a little hard right before it gets totally soft. All of this being said, whole wheat spag noodles have a GI of 37(from what I have researched on the internet).

^^^^What he said, lol. Bro from the looks of your avatar whatever your doing is working so I wouldnt sweat the GI of whole wheat pasta too much.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    ^^^^What he said, lol. Bro from the looks of your avatar whatever your doing is working so I wouldnt sweat the GI of whole wheat pasta too much.
    I agree looking ripped bro.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    x3 on this.

i never really worry about GI. but i do worry about fiber. this dictates how fast your food get digested and gets the shit out of you. i think fiber is much more important. ww pasta has a good amount of fiber so eat up.

Yup, and you could even eat some broccoli with it to slow down digestion even more.

Thread Information