Thread: Dieting

bernimx is offline Associate Member

Dieting

Hello,

I have never followed a strict diet so far. However, I eat pretty good and listen to my body. I try to eat correct macros, every 3 hours or so (before my body begins to starve again), drink a solid gallon of water a day, take 2 fish oil caps with each meal along with a multi, etc. Last time I counted what I ate on one day it was around 4k calories, with macros such as 40-40-20.

I also watch my weight and try to increase or reduce calories, depending if either it's going up too fast or going down.

Anyway, I was wondering, do you think I could make good gains not following a strict diet, but eating the best as possible, getting my 40g+ of protein in each meals along with good fats & complex carbs, eating fat free cheese be4 bed, not letting myself to hungry, etc.

Although I have never tried it, following a strict diet seems impossible to me, as my schedule is always changing, and as I have been having sleep problems for a while. That's another subject but it has been really hard for me to fall asleep when I go to bed, even though im really tired. I try to follow all the basics to get a good night of sleep but it's like I always have a little stress in my mind that stops me from falling asleep.

I'll be happy to hear your opinion on the diet thing. I'm most likely trying to clean bulk btw. Stats are 6'2 190, ~13%, 21 yrs.
    Last edited by bernimx; 05-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information