ou566 is offline New Member

protein shakes- cannot tolerate

i'm having trouble trying to gain weight. i have tried protein shakes, bars, etc., but my body does not tolerate them. when i take them, my throat gets itchy and sometimes my stomach will get upset. i am not lactoseintolerate, bc i can have some dairy products and be ok. I have tried whey, goat whey, and even soy products and all of the shakes/bars give me the same reaction. I think I may have be having an allergic reaction something that is in all of these products but cannot pinpoint what that is.

any suggestions on gaining weight? I eat 5+ meals a day, too. I am finding it very hard to get the appropriate amount of calorie and protein intake without having some other suppliments or protein shakes, etc.

please advise- thanx!

oh, and btw i am 22 yrs, 5'9", 130 lbs. used to weigh 175 but had surgery to remove part of stomach due to an ulcer. havent been able to gain it back since.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Give this a read:

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Um, have you tried egg protein powder?
    You could make your own weight gainer with egg protein powder, all natural peanut butter, oats, and a banana

Also, look into creatine. Just make sure you drink 1.5-2 gallons of water everyday

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I have mad many problems with protein powders as i am lactose intolerant. I just tried this new protein called Elite and i love it. No problems what-so-ever. Just thought id put that out there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I have mad many problems with protein powders as i am lactose intolerant. I just tried this new protein called Elite and i love it. No problems what-so-ever. Just thought id put that out there.
    who makes it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    who makes it?
    Dymatize Nutrition

thanks, I'll have to give that one a try and see how it pans out. hopefully the chocolate flavor does not give me a reaction (did it to you, DSM?).

for the egg protein powder, what do u recommend me mixing with it as a liquid substance besides milk or soy milk?

thanx 4 the help!

Blog Entries
    Its not the flavor that does it , its just whats in it. I have no problems with the chocolate flavor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ou566 View Post
    thanks, I'll have to give that one a try and see how it pans out. hopefully the chocolate flavor does not give me a reaction (did it to you, DSM?).

for the egg protein powder, what do u recommend me mixing with it as a liquid substance besides milk or soy milk?

thanx 4 the help!

I like using 100% orange juice. Not alot, but enough to make it the right consistency.

Use pretty much anything in liquid form that you like.

Thread Information