Thread: Coconut oil

customworksking is offline Associate Member

Coconut oil

Coconut oil I found is a paste ..is it the same or do i need the dietary supplement..does it matter?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Why do you feel the need for coconut oil?

why

from what I hear it won't hurt overall it's good 4 u no matter the case..why do u feel I don't need it?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Why do you feel the need for coconut oil?
    LOL...

Because coconut oil is one of the best sources of fats you can get thats why.

Anyway, get the organic extra virgin oil. Stuff is amazing and tastes great.

got it and yes it tastes really good!

chopper9451 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    get the organic extra virgin oil. Stuff is amazing and tastes great.
    2nd that. good stuff

LOL...

Because coconut oil is one of the best sources of fats you can get thats why.

Anyway, get the organic extra virgin oil. Stuff is amazing and tastes great.
    LMAO right back at you. Medium chain triglycerides have no nutritional value whatsoever.
    They are a good source of energy, but do not convert to EFA's. Next time you decide to act like some genius, think before you post.

You want to debate nutrition with me? Bring it on.....you'll quickly find out whose sitting behind this comp screen

Pinnacle

^^Get a grip. I thought you were asking the poster a rhetorical question and I was playing along with it.

Any questions you have about nutrition, Id be happy to answer in a PM

^^Get a grip. I thought you were asking the poster a rhetorical question and I was playing along with it.

Any questions you have about nutrition, Id be happy to answer in a PM

Questions? Ask you? You have to be f*cking kidding me, right?
    Truth is, you weren't playing along with anything. You actually think coconut oil is and essential fat.

I'm praying that isn't you in your avatar...........f*ck me if it is....

Pinnacle

Questions? Ask you? You have to be f*cking kidding me, right?
    Truth is, you weren't playing along with anything. You actually think coconut oil is and essential fat. WHEN DID I EVER SAY THAT?????

I'm praying that isn't you in your avatar...........f*ck me if it is....

Pinnacle
    LMAO right back at you. Medium chain triglycerides have no nutritional value whatsoever. WHAT???? WOW!
    They are a good source of energy, but do not convert to EFA's. SO WHAT??Next time you decide to act like some genius, think before you post.

You want to debate nutrition with me? Bring it on.....you'll quickly find out whose sitting behind this comp screen HAHAHAHA

Pinnacle
    Did you forget that this is the Internet? Could you be more of a jerk? Either way, I'll get to proving youre wrong now that you think youre god…

ON TOPIC:
    You said Coconut Oil has no nutritional value? HA!! You think that if a fat IS NOT an EFA or converts to one then it has no nutritional value? HA! You have clients that pay you for your “knowledge?” FOOLS!!

Here are A FEW facts about THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES of coconut oil:

Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids such as lauric (C-12), caprylic (C-10) and myristic (C-14) acids. Of these three, coconut oil contains 40% lauric acid, which has the greater anti-viral activity of these three fatty acids. Lauric acid is so disease fighting that it is present in breast milk. The body converts lauric acid to a fatty acid derivative (monolaurin), which is the substance that protects infants from viral, bacterial or protozoal infections. This was recognized and reported in 1966 (Jon Kabara). Work by Hierholzer and Kabara (1982) showed that monolaurin has virucidal effects on RNA and DNA viruses, which are surrounded by a lipid membrane. In addition to these RNA and DNA viruses, in 1978, Kabara and others reported that certain medium chain fatty acids, such as lauric acid have adverse effects on other pathogenic microorganisms, including bacteria, yeast and fungi. These fatty acids and their derivatives actually disrupt the lipid membranes of the organisms and thus inactivate them (Isaacs and Thormar 1991; Isaacs et al. 1992). Coconut oil is converted by the body into "Monolaurin" a fatty acid with anti-viral properties that might be useful in the treatment of AIDS.

Preuss HG, Echard B, Enig M, Brook I, Elliott TB. Minimum inhibitory concentrations of herbal essential oils and monolaurin for gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Molecular Cell Biochemistry. 2005;272:29-34.
    Preuss HG, Echard B, Dadgar A, Talpur N, Manohar V, Enig M, Bagchi D, Ingram C. Effects of Essential Oils and Monolaurin on Staphylococcus aureus: In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods 2005;15:279-285.

That’s just for starters! Do I need to go on???? I can do this all day! Or do you want to swallow your pride and admit youre wrong and youre acting like a jerk? You have been found that your comments are false so you don’t have any recourse and no argument except get personal, even though you already went there.

Say what you want, my point is made and I think this site should rethink your “hall of famer” status. Im out.

Dezeroth is offline Junior Member
    haha, i love arguments that are backed by facts

u cant argue with factual evidence

and i love coconut oil, those MCT's are great !!!

Ok, you are one of the dumbest motherf*ckers I've yet to encounter on any site.

Show me where coconut oil converts to EFA's. You do know what an EFA is don't you, genius?
    Not only are you tiny as all hell, your ignorant as f*ck.

Post another useless study.....Infants? Like you? LMFAOOOOOOOOO

Did you forget that this is the Internet? Could you be more of a jerk? Either way, I'll get to proving youre wrong now that you think youre god…

ON TOPIC:
    You said Coconut Oil has no nutritional value? HA!! You think that if a fat IS NOT an EFA or converts to one then it has no nutritional value? HA! You have clients that pay you for your “knowledge?” FOOLS!!

Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids such as lauric (C-12), caprylic (C-10) and myristic (C-14) acids. Of these three, coconut oil contains 40% lauric acid, which has the greater anti-viral activity of these three fatty acids. Lauric acid is so disease fighting that it is present in breast milk. The body converts lauric acid to a fatty acid derivative (monolaurin), which is the substance that protects infants from viral, bacterial or protozoal infections. This was recognized and reported in 1966 (Jon Kabara). Work by Hierholzer and Kabara (1982) showed that monolaurin has virucidal effects on RNA and DNA viruses, which are surrounded by a lipid membrane. In addition to these RNA and DNA viruses, in 1978, Kabara and others reported that certain medium chain fatty acids, such as lauric acid have adverse effects on other pathogenic microorganisms, including bacteria, yeast and fungi. These fatty acids and their derivatives actually disrupt the lipid membranes of the organisms and thus inactivate them (Isaacs and Thormar 1991; Isaacs et al. 1992). Coconut oil is converted by the body into "Monolaurin" a fatty acid with anti-viral properties that might be useful in the treatment of AIDS.

Preuss HG, Echard B, Enig M, Brook I, Elliott TB. Minimum inhibitory concentrations of herbal essential oils and monolaurin for gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Molecular Cell Biochemistry. 2005;272:29-34.
    Preuss HG, Echard B, Dadgar A, Talpur N, Manohar V, Enig M, Bagchi D, Ingram C. Effects of Essential Oils and Monolaurin on Staphylococcus aureus: In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods 2005;15:279-285.

That’s just for starters! Do I need to go on???? I can do this all day! Or do you want to swallow your pride and admit youre wrong and youre acting like a jerk? You have been found that your comments are false so you don’t have any recourse and no argument except get personal, even though you already went there.

Say what you want, my point is made and I think this site should rethink your “hall of famer” status. Im out.

Nutritional value? ROFLLLL

Show me ONE study that remotely suggest coconut oil is linked to growth,better over all health, cardiovascular health ect.
    Then show me a study how coconut oil is converted to EPA/DHA...

MCT oil was invented in the 1950's for people who had issues metabolizing fats. Come on now, a genius like you would certainly know that, right?

sorry

Nutritional value? ROFLLLL

Show me ONE study that remotely suggest coconut oil is linked to growth,better over all health, cardiovascular health ect.
    Then show me a study how coconut oil is converted to EPA/DHA...

MCT oil was invented in the 1950's for people who had issues metabolizing fats. Come on now, a genius like you would certainly know that, right?
    Wow I didn't want to start all of this ..sorry ..in your eyes what is the best oil..bottom line thats all I need to know...the coconut oil is good to cook with..

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
    Wow I didn't want to start all of this ..sorry ..in your eyes what is the best oil..bottom line thats all I need to know...the coconut oil is good to cook with..
    It's fine. I'm waiting for this fool to really make an ass out of himself. Coconut oil is best source of fats? ROFLLLLLLLLLLL

You want oils that convert to EPA/DHA. Those oils promote growth as it has been proven countless times. Lets not forget lyposis as well, let alone cardiovascular health

Walnut oil
    Almond oil
    Pecan oil
    Macadamia nut oil
    Olive oil
    Fish oil is best as no conversion is needed.
    avacado oil

To name a few

mike954 is offline Member
    It's fine. I'm waiting for this fool to really make an ass out of himself. Coconut oil is best source of fats? ROFLLLLLLLLLLL

You want oils that convert to EPA/DHA. Those oils promote growth as it has been proven countless times. Lets not forget lyposis as well, let alone cardiovascular health

Walnut oil
    Almond oil
    Pecan oil
    Macadamia nut oil
    Olive oil
    Fish oil is best as no conversion is needed.
    avacado oil

To name a few
    hey man what about flax oil?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Either of you guys ever heard of constructive criticism? Lets grow up!

Coconut oil is a good source of energy and is good to cook with. However, you'll want to get your 3-6-9's elsewhere as coconut oil doesn't provide them. The reason why it's good to cook with is that with most other oils when heated are chemically destroyed by the heat.

So, cook with it but use other fat sources (i.e. almonds, avacados, fish, olive oil, fish oils, Udo's oil..etc). Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike954 View Post

Flax oil is great but is only *****-3. Find sources for ***** 6 and 9 as well.

mike954 is offline Member
    thx i eat smart balance peanut butter that has canola oil in it too i think that has 6 and 9 in it

Quote Originally Posted by mike954 View Post

Poor choice as it doesn't make the conversion well at all.

Interesting debate on NO BULL radio with Udo, Dave Palumbo and a few others over this topic.

~RR

I'm waiting for studies to be posted suggesting coconut oil, when it makes the conversion to Lauric acid, can aid in immune health....yawn.....what will that prove? Nothing...it's not essential to ingest coconut oil.....

I demand proof from "Too Tiny" showing everyone that coconut oil is the best source of oil!

Pinnacle

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    I have heard....no real source just from a friend of mine that coconut oil is actually bad for your lipids.....he told me he heard this from his dad's doctor

Dezeroth is offline Junior Member
    wow pinnacle, your a pretty smart guy!!! i love arguments backed with facts (i used to be on the debate team)

so yea, u can tell im gettin pretty excited by this

but yea, im waiting on a response too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeroth View Post
    wow pinnacle, your a pretty smart guy!!! i love arguments backed with facts (i used to be on the debate team)

!!
    Have we met in person? Do you know my background at all? Pretty bold of you to suggest I'm stupid. Goes to show what little experience you have on boards. I've seen more than one momo like yourself put their foot in their mouth on many instances just like this. Did you ever think I'm baiting him?

You won't see him post any " facts" as you say.

1) He made claim that coconut oil is the "best" oil.
    Has he proven it's the best oil? From a bodybuilding perspective i want to see how coconut oil is the best oil for bodybuilders, like myself

2) What fantastic nutritional values has he posted to back his claims?
    None. It's a non essential fat. You can go your whole life without injesting 1 gram of coconut oil and live a perfectly healthy life. If you neglect healthy fats like I stated above, you will be deficient.

3) If you happen to supplement with coconut oil it can aid healthy immune system functions. That's it. Glutamine coming from protein sources saves te day, don't you think?

Pinnacle

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Pinn,.... Your a wuss!! Do you drink your winny too?

lol jk

Its all about that there Krill Oil and Pharm grade Fish Oil

throw in some flax seeds.

and some coconut oil for the healthy benefits.
    I like virgins...

...oil that is...

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well since a lot of people on this board dontknow a lot about nutrition and love what they love and dont wanna hear otherwise I will back Pinn on this one.

People are taking coconut oil for the MCT's, it has absolutely no nutritional value. Like Pinn said it cannot convert to EFA's and your body does not require it in any shape or form.

It can actually have negative effects when taken religiously as I assume some people do here. It is good for people who cant digest fat well because it penetrates membranes easily and travel through your body through albumin proteins. Problem here is that when you tie up the albumin proteins with unnecessary MCT's it leaves less room for fat soluble vitamins and amino acids..which your body actually NEEDS.

MCT's do NOT exist in nature, we created them.

I have never used cocnut oil and dont see any purpose. I do agree that shorter chain fatty acids are necessary. But MCT's are not.

The benefits you can get from cococut oil are ones you will get and GET MORE OF if you take fish oils or a balances vegetable based oil. I would suggest hemp oil if you pick onel. Otherwise you can make you own blend using fish oils and sunflower oil or any two sources of super and polyunsaturated fatty acids.

I persoally use hemp. Your body only REQUIRES LNA and LA. Te best ratio of 3:6 o m e g a ' s is 2:1. So I try to get that ratio through foods by making fish a huge part of my diet and pork/eggs/beef a little less.

So when I supplement I do the same by using hemp which gives you that same ratio. And in fact is the only oil to give that ratio.

Bottom line is: Coconut oil is alright, you guys are way better off than the fat bastards who eat McDonals everyday. But the fact remains it is not required and doesnt give you the benefits that EFA's do.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    Flax oil is great but is only *****-3. Find sources for ***** 6 and 9 as well.
    Actually flax does contain linoleic acid, so it is a source of omga6, not just omga3.

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Actually flax does contain linoleic acid, so it is a source of omga6, not just omga3.
    thanx for all the info ppl .. I will add a few new oils to my diet and cook with the coconut.. C_Bino if that is u in ur Ave u have a small knee!!!lol thanx

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Bino to my knowledge it actually contains omga-9 as well, albeit at a minute amount. Flax is primordially taken for omga-3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Bino to my knowledge it actually contains omga-9 as well, albeit at a minute amount. Flax is primordially taken for omga-3.
    That was kind of my point as well. I know it contains 6 and 9 but I thought it was a very very small amount...?

TheArtist is offline Member
    ... i thought this board had a no flaming policy ?

regardless, glad i read this

anyone feel that coconut oil would be a bad thing in a bedtime shake?
    purely for taste.

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    So the high saturated fat content of coconut oil would not be beneficial during pct??

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    bump

Thread Information