chopper9451 is offline Associate Member

how much water do you take in everyday?

I try to drink 2 gallons of water a day. I just finished creatine and started my cut cycle a week or so ago. should I still be taking in that much water? how much does water really do for you?

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    I drink 128 ounces. Not sure how much that is in gallons...

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    Oh. It's only 1. Am i drinking enough water? lol

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I'm not really sure. I carry a 32oz water bottle with me at all times and just casually drink throughout the day.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Drinking too much water an you'll have a electrolyte imbalance unless you supplement accordingly.

Did you know you can literally drown yourself by consuming too much water?

I feel one gallon per day is more than sufficient unless you live in a very hot, dry climate where hydration becomes imperative. Why people tend to over consume water is beyond me. I guess it goes with the bodybuilder mentally "if this amount is good, then more must be better."

Pinnacle

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Drinking too much water an you'll have a electrolyte imbalance unless you supplement accordingly.

Did you know you can literally drown yourself by consuming too much water?

I feel one gallon per day is more than sufficient unless you live in a very hot, dry climate where hydration becomes imperative. Why people tend to over consume water is beyond me. I guess it goes with the bodybuilder mentally "if this amount is good, then more must be better."

Pinnacle
    Its makes the guys in the gym feel tough as they carry about a milk container filled with water.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I drink enough so that my piss is nearly clear. About one gallon a day for me.

DSM out of the lounge nowadays is freaking me out.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    I drink enough so that my piss is nearly clear. About one gallon a day for me.

DSM out of the lounge nowadays is freaking me out.
    I am expanding my horizons.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    Water is essential indeed! If we don't ingest enough fluid, dehydration can set in quickly. To gauge the importance of water relative to food, consider that severe dehydration can lead to death within a matter of days, whereas we can go for weeks without food.

Approximately 55-60% of our body weight is water. That's why our body weight can fluctuate so dramatically and quickly… especially after exercise in the heat when we can lose large amounts of body water to sweat. Our bodies depend on water to keep our cells and body systems running smoothly. Most importantly, it is used to maintain blood volume, which is imperative for regulating body temperature and delivering oxygen and nutrients to the rest of the body. Water also provides a medium for the biochemical reactions that occur at the cellular level. In addition, water is crucial for the removal of waste products through the formation of urine by the kidneys.

It's important to realize that we can get our fluid requirements from the food we eat, as well as the fluids we drink. For instance, an orange is 87% water! Good sources of water are:

Fruits & Vegetables
    Drinks, especially non-caffeinated ones like fruit juice
    And the best source of all… good ol water!

There are many different methods for calculating daily fluid requirements. However, a simple equation to help adults figure their fluid needs is that for every pound of body weight, you need about half an ounce of fluid intake per day. For instance, if you weigh 140 lbs., simply multiply 140 by .5 to estimate your daily fluid needs in ounces, then divide by eight to estimate your fluid needs in cups per day, rounding up to the nearest full cup. [example: 140 x .5 = 70 ounces; 70 ounces divided by 8 = 9 cups of fluid per day]

0.5 ounces x Body Weight in Pounds = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces

The other common way to calculate daily fluid needs is to base the fluid need on caloric intake. 1 milliliter of fluid for every calorie ingested. Converted to the household measurement of ounces, your body needs .034 ounces for every calorie that you ingest.

0.034 ounces x Daily Caloric Intake = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces

As you calculate out what your daily fluid requirements are, you'll probably realize that it is close to that common recommendation of 8 - 12 cups per day. However, the above equations will give you a more accurate guideline because fluid needs vary depending on body size. It's also important to realize that fluid requirements can vary dramatically under extreme conditions such as exercise, especially in hot and humid environments, and during illness associated with fever. These situations require increased fluid needs. Drink up!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I carry around a 1.5 liter bottle.

Usually drink it about 3-4 times.

Comes to about 1.5 gallons

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Not to hijack this thread but what are everyone's opinion on water loading?

I post a thread on it but no replies. So I am guessing no one has tried water loading before????

chopper9451 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Its makes the guys in the gym feel tough as they carry about a milk container filled with water.
    i second that. ha!

1down5up is offline Associate Member
    About a gallon a day.

Thread Information