MR_T is offline Member

not really a diet queston but where to buy egg whites?

I have been noticing that I like my eggs, although lately (i eat about 6-8 eggs/day on average) I have started dumping the yolk because of the saturated fats.. anyway I shop at alberstones and I cant find egg whites. The only place I've seen them are at the natural/hippie store and they charge an arm and a leg for them to a point where its actually cheaper just to go crazy separating them myself

where are you guys getting your egg whites from?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    i use egg beaters, it's bascially the egg white but they have flavors and such, they should be by the eggs but they're in a carton

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member

MR_T is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phate186 View Post
    i use egg beaters, it's bascially the egg white but they have flavors and such, they should be by the eggs but they're in a carton
    yeah I saw that but wasnt sure how much egg was in there so i decided to leave it alone, are you worried about the carbs/sugar?

MR_T is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage View Post
    thanks just ordered the two 1/2 gallons for $32, still think its overpriced but I go crazy tryin to separate yolks so it might be worth it.. I'll let you guys know how it works out

ilovesus is offline Member
    Thats not a bad price at all!

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I buy a product called ReddiEgg, that comes in a carton. It's next to the eggs in the grocery store. 99% egg whites and <1% thickener and coloring.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I just received my order from them, 4 gallons of egg whites. I put them in a shake and drink them raw, they go down like butter, and no egg taste.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_T View Post
    thanks just ordered the two 1/2 gallons for $32, still think its overpriced but I go crazy tryin to separate yolks so it might be worth it.. I'll let you guys know how it works out

Quote Originally Posted by MR_T View Post
    yeah I saw that but wasnt sure how much egg was in there so i decided to leave it alone, are you worried about the carbs/sugar?
    i buy the straight egg beaters, 30cal 6pro 1carb 0fat per 1/4c so no i'm not worried about the carbs

But, can you buy them by the gallon?

i buy the straight egg beaters, 30cal 6pro 1carb 0fat per 1/4c so no i'm not worried about the carbs

mr newbreed is offline Banned
    anything like this in the uk ?

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    But, can you buy them by the gallon?
    no, btw, can you microwave your egg whites or do you have to use a stove?? just wondering cause i might order some, also, do you get gas really bad from them

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    no, btw, can you microwave your egg whites or do you have to use a stove?? just wondering cause i might order some, also, do you get gas really bad from them
    I pour about 8 egg whites into a bowl and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway. Add a little hot sauce & miracle whip or salsa after they cool. Good to go.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    use an ice cube tray....

spraye with pam

fill with eggwhites....

microwave

and BAM!!! egg white poppers!

MR_T is offline Member
    I like my omelets, 6-8 eggwhites, some sliced/chopped chicken, ham or turkey a little pepper, and onions adds up to about 50 grams of protein... also use olive oil, tastes much better

btw the price was 32+ shipping so a little over $40... its not bad I guess Im just cheap

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    http://www.lanaseggwhites.com/

Shop around and compare prices etc..
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 05-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

You can cook with them, microwave or stove. I eat somewhere between 20 to 30 whites per day and no gas. I drink them with a little choc. whey for flavor and mct oil and sometimes milk. I'm going through about a gallon a week and getting ready to order more. I really like the convenience factor. They're cheaper than Lana's too. Their pump works great and can be taken apart and cleaned, easily.

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/index.shtml

"I WAS TIRED OF CRACKING 10,000 EGGS A YEAR!!!"

As a professional Bodybuilder, Egg Whites are essential to my diet and preparation. When I discovered Egg Whites International in 2002, I knew it was going to change my life by saving me thousands of hours cracking and separating 2 - 3 dozen egg whites a day. And, when I cooked them, I knew I was losing about 12% of the protein by damaging part of it in the cooking process. Now that I can drink them, I am getting 12% "MORE" protein in a lot less time and work than it takes to cook, eat, and clean up.

I was SO impressed, I bought a piece of the company!

- Bob Cicherillo

Vice President
    Egg Whites International

IFBB PRO
    Mr. USA
    Mr. World

Last edited by ottomaddox; 05-08-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    u dont cook your eggwhites u just drink them??? being serious

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    You can cook with them, microwave or stove. I eat somewhere between 20 to 30 whites per day and no gas. I drink them with a little choc. whey for flavor and mct oil and sometimes milk. I'm going through about a gallon a week and getting ready to order more. I really like the convenience factor. They're cheaper than Lana's too. Their pump works great and can be taken apart and cleaned, easily.

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/index.shtml

"I WAS TIRED OF CRACKING 10,000 EGGS A YEAR!!!"

As a professional Bodybuilder, Egg Whites are essential to my diet and preparation. When I discovered Egg Whites International in 2002, I knew it was going to change my life by saving me thousands of hours cracking and separating 2 - 3 dozen egg whites a day. And, when I cooked them, I knew I was losing about 12% of the protein by damaging part of it in the cooking process. Now that I can drink them, I am getting 12% "MORE" protein in a lot less time and work than it takes to cook, eat, and clean up.

I was SO impressed, I bought a piece of the company!

- Bob Cicherillo

Vice President
    Egg Whites International

IFBB PRO
    Mr. USA
    Mr. World
    Thanks for the link. I am def going to look into that. How do they taste when cooked, compared to a regular egg?

They taste the same when cooked, but you loose 12% of the protein through cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Thanks for the link. I am def going to look into that. How do they taste when cooked, compared to a regular egg?

Thread Information