Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How? Easy.

10oz chicken breast 7 times a day..how is that hard?

Nitro29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by football2007 View Post
    How? Easy.

I would jump out a freakin window after about the 3rd or 4th one. Effen crazy dude, day after day?!!!?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what an overwhelming response. I now see that it is quite possible. I think I underestimate my protein intake anyway. Cause I eat real meat and practically every meal. Do you guys buy your chicken in bulk?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    400 grams of protein is a stupidly high amount of protein to take in. Most of the exercise organizations recommend between 1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein per kg of weight for bodybuilders and athletes alike. Most likely the excess protein will not end up being used as a fuel source unless the body has been deprived of other energy sources for long amounts of time. It takes a very long time for the body to convert amino acids to either fat or carbohydrates. For one it takes a lot of enzymatic process to convert the protein and two if the body is in a normal state meaning it hasnt been starved for long durations of time. Then the enzyme concentration for gluconeogenesis or lipogenesis are not being expressed in high amounts to were it would have a significant impact on energy demands.

More than likely the excess aminos will go to the blood and be used and/or processed and excreted out via the urine. You may here some say that all the extra amino acids will overwhelm the kidneys and cause a plasma increase in ammonia. This is a stretch at best because a normal healthy individual only uses about 10 % of the kidneys total capacity at any given time. If however the persons kidneys are stressed or in a diseased state this is possible.

SFVpumped is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69 View Post
    just google image search: OH LOOK.
    haha shit man 8 pages and 288 files later i found it...... it was worth the search

big_dubya33 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFVpumped View Post

haha shit man 8 pages and 288 files later i found it...... it was worth the search
    LOL I i can't believe i did the search too. great avy...hopefully those are protein-enhanced cupcakes

Stoneco|d is offline Associate Member
    this thread is got pretty interesting, keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post
    I would jump out a freakin window after about the 3rd or 4th one. Effen crazy dude, day after day?!!!?
    well, ive done 400+ many times..and I was just giving that as an example.

Yeah 400+ is probably way too high..but if I dont gain fat then what the hell

Stoneco|d is offline Associate Member
    I am like around 210 lbs and I am happy with around 270-300g of protein. People think more protein = more muscle lol, how about eat 500 g per day

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFVpumped View Post

LMAO when I typed it in google images the first picture was the avatar. What the HELL did you type in?

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    shakes and cans of tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    LMAO when I typed it in google images the first picture was the avatar. What the HELL did you type in?
    yahoo images "OH LOOK" ......for research purposes i did it again yahoo images= page 16 271-288 images, google = ****, yeah first god damn image up.

i need to stop using yahoo........

How? Easy.

eating chicken 7 times a day is going to lead to protein allergy. not an allergic reaction but the body will start mal absorbing the protein. i dont eat the same protein source more than twice a day. but im sure three times a day is still good. seven times is pushing it HARD

fedorrulz is offline Associate Member
    Keep drinking those 3 - 5 protein shakes a day while the supplement companies laugh all the way to the bank with your money. Keep eating 200 grams or more of animal flesh as your arteries become clogged with fat. And LOL at the fools around here trying to eat as much, OR MORE, protein as Jay Cutler thinking they will one day be as big as him.

joeguns is offline Junior Member
    your bodies ability to break down protein is determined by a variety of factors and anyone who has a magic figure for the amount is being mislead, if your growing and keeping a reasonable level of body fat then it must be working or adjust accordingly

sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    many people in here are rubbishing the 2lb per bodyweight theory but i think its the best heres why (especially if you train twice a day):

> if your MUSCLES need 300g of protein per day for repair then guess what you need more protein than that. hair, nails building of enzymes all involves amino acids if there are not enough aminos in your blood your body will break down muscle tissue to get some.

> 1g per lb is probably not enough if your training intensely shoot for 1.5lb. but as you grow remember you need to continually increase your protein to keep pace with your needs

small frequent meals ensures there is a constant supply of aminos in the blood

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I eat 2 protein bars =100g of protein
    2 shakes = 70g protein
    2-3 chicken breast
    6 eggs for breakfast
    tuna sandwhiches for lunch
    beef jerkey(gotta watch this stuff tis loaded with sodium so it can make you bloat)

You get the point its not that hard to get your diet up to 400g/day

Why do I find this kind of hard to belive... 50 g protein bars??? PLEEEASE TELL ME WHERE CAN I FIND IT... if that was to be real... we all be eating 10 protein bars a day, and then with the other meals and the protein shake... we'll be eating easily about 800 g. of protein per day...

May be it was something like 5 g. and not 50....

peak body nutrition do a bar called pro-50 that has 50 grams of protein

heres the nutiritional info

Nutritional Information
    Per 100g Bar

Energy (Calories) 399
    Energy (Kjoules) 1413
    Protein 50g
    Carbohydrates 9.6g
    of which sugars 8g
    Polyols 12.73g
    Fat 6.5g
    of which saturates 5.5g
    Dietary Fibre 1.2g
    Sodium 120mg

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    in addition to my shakes and meals during the day I also get up at night and shake 1 to 2 times...

eljugo16 is offline Associate Member
    how high your protein intake is depends on the type of diet you are running. for example, if you are on a keto diet then your protein intake should be higher usual.

futurestar67 is offline Junior Member
    Metrex Big Collosals have 50-75 grams of Protein but they taste like shit

eljugo16 is offline Associate Member
    also do you know 5 little ounces of salmon has 41g of protein? when your hungry you can eat like 5 of those alone.

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futurestar67 View Post
    chocolate chunk is pretty good.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    shit.. gotta have a hand on thouse bars...

binder is offline Member
    you can get them at walmart anywhere in the nation.

bodybuilding.com sells them too

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    How? Easy.

mmmmm....chicken almost time for breast number 5 today

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_sneed View Post
    many people in here are rubbishing the 2lb per bodyweight theory but i think its the best heres why (especially if you train twice a day):

> if your MUSCLES need 300g of protein per day for repair then guess what you need more protein than that. hair, nails building of enzymes all involves amino acids if there are not enough aminos in your blood your body will break down muscle tissue to get some.

> 1g per lb is probably not enough if your training intensely shoot for 1.5lb. but as you grow remember you need to continually increase your protein to keep pace with your needs

small frequent meals ensures there is a constant supply of aminos in the blood
    Yes but what you left out is that amino acids are constantly being recycled you do not lose 400 grams worth of amino acids in a day. Really all that one needs to ingest on a short term basis is essiental amino acids because the body can make the others when needed. Lastly any unused amino's go into short term storage referred to as the amino acid pool. Those that are not more than likely are secreted by the kidneys.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Yes but what you left out is that amino acids are constantly being recycled you do not lose 400 grams worth of amino acids in a day. Really all that one needs to ingest on a short term basis is essiental amino acids because the body can make the others when needed. Lastly any unused amino's go into short term storage referred to as the amino acid pool. Those that are not more than likely are secreted by the kidneys.
    i know you do not lose that many aminos during a day mate come on! (logic!)

didnt know the other part though about short term storage, Props

fedorrulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futurestar67 View Post
    They have about 30grams of sugar too. Great for hard gainers though.

Cyanide91 is offline New Member
    isnt that like to much protein tho

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fedorrulz View Post
    The human body cannot break down and process 80grams of protein in one sitting. That is money right down the toliet, literally.
    If that amount is consumed from one quickly digesting source (ie 80g of whey) then yes I agree with you. But what about when you ingest different protein sources with different rates of digestion? Say 40g of protein from steak, 20g from egg whites, 20g from whey. The whey is going to be absorbed fastest, within 20-30 minutes. The steak will get broken down and digested over the course of a few hours, same for the egg whites. So you have 80g of protein being ingested in one sitting but broken down and digested over a long time. That allows for amino acid pull over the course of 4-6+ hours from 80g of protein. The body can surely use every gram in this case especially when you're an athlete.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    One of the points not being addressed here is total caloric needs. When precontest dieting many bodybuilders will drop their carbs to under 100 grams. On a 3000 calorie diet you would need an additional 2600 calories from fats and protein. If you keep your protein moderate, say 275 grams you would need almost 175 grams of fat per day to hit your numbers. This is one of the reasons you see many bodybuilders over the 400 gram mark.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    When I was getting down i weight for my contest, my protein intake did not change at all. carbs did.
    Keep in mind this is lean body mass not freaking total weight per pound.
    I take in about 45g of glutamine over a days period, precontest or not.
    Glutamine has numerous benefits and is very important as are BCAA and EFA.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjackson View Post
    When I was getting down i weight for my contest, my protein intake did not change at all. carbs did.
    Keep in mind this is lean body mass not freaking total weight per pound.
    I take in about 45g of glutamine over a days period, precontest or not.
    Glutamine has numerous benefits and is very important as are BCAA and EFA.
    What would you say is more important, BCAA or Glutamine; if you had to chose one, which would it be?

catz54 is offline New Member
    1.5 grams of protein per pound in your buddy when lean bulking. 1 gram per pound while cutting. it is obscene to put that much pressure on your kidneys year round. not to mention you should never have more than 65 grams of protein in one sitting because it is true that your body can only absorb 40 grams at a time. so assuming 10 of those grams are pissed out and the other 15 turn to fat in storage. who cares its not too much of an OD

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    One of the points not being addressed here is total caloric needs. When precontest dieting many bodybuilders will drop their carbs to under 100 grams. On a 3000 calorie diet you would need an additional 2600 calories from fats and protein. If you keep your protein moderate, say 275 grams you would need almost 175 grams of fat per day to hit your numbers. This is one of the reasons you see many bodybuilders over the 400 gram mark.
    so where is the reduction in calories? if you are on a 3000 calorie diet, you drop the carbs down to do 2 things: reduce carbs, and reduce calories. If you stay at 3000 calories, you won't cut anything, you'll just maintain weight. THAT is why you don't need 175 grams of fat when you start cutting the carbs down.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Agreed!! You would not eat 175 grams of fat that is why so many bodybuilders go high protein, for the calories. Binder, have you ever actually done a precontest diet and competed in a bodybuilding show? When I compete I DONT reduce my calories I just rearrange the macro nutrients. I am sure if you speak to people on here who actually have competed in a show or two you will hear the same thing. This is especially true for Natural Bodybuilders.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catz54 View Post
    1.5 grams of protein per pound in your buddy when lean bulking. 1 gram per pound while cutting. it is obscene to put that much pressure on your kidneys year round. not to mention you should never have more than 65 grams of protein in one sitting because it is true that your body can only absorb 40 grams at a time. so assuming 10 of those grams are pissed out and the other 15 turn to fat in storage. who cares its not too much of an OD
    as said above, there is no conclusive evidence to state a specific number on how much protein we absorb at one time. I have heard several different theories over the last 6 years or so, ranging from 21.1g all the way to 80g lol. I stick with roughly 50g per meal, 6 times per day. I have been up higher than 400g, was eating around 5/6,000 kcals each day, and put more fat on than id liked.

I eat simpler now, 300g per day, but was on the diet forum looking into what people think about high protein (350g+) for a 200lb dude (im just under), as i was thinking of upping to 400g. Can only just afford to buy the amount of food i do now, so was hoping that id be convinced that 300g is enough. Keeping in mind i am running GH and AAS, and soon to add insulin , so want to make sure the diet is completely adequate to gain mass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information