6:30 Post Workout
    1 Whey Shake 40
    16 Ounces Skim Milk 20 28 6
    2 Oatmeal Cookies 4 46 9

7:30 12 Egg Whites 48 0 0
    2 Ounces Chedder 14 0.72 18.8

9:30 8 Ounces Turkey 64 0 16

Totals 446 219.72 86.8

I started at 294 with this Diet, I went and got a fat annalysis at 280 22% fat, 219 lean weight. I then continued this diet and went for another annalysis at 270. 20% fat and 216 Lean mucle. So I loat 3 lbs of lean mucle out of 10 lbs total. What am I doing wrong? I am losing very slow, like 1.5-2.0lbs per weak trying to only loose fat. Does this seem normal?

Thanks for the help

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO! Wow, never thought I would see Mountain Dew and oatmeal cookies in a diet posting. Thats too much! Im not one to flame. But Holy Wow bro! Do some freakin research on here. I wouldnt even know where to start....Oh wait yes I would, Mountain Dew and cookies arent part of a cutting diet, wow.

pb1995 is offline New Member
    Maybe you should watch the Milos Sarcev videos before you tell someone to research. He is one that suggests the cookies post workout!

Atleast I am honest enough to put the mountain dew on, most people don't count it.

Thats great for Milos. Your taking in 15g of fat PWO when you should have zero, or somewhere around zero. And I appreciate the honesty. But, you could possibly be the only one on here drinking a mountian dew first thing in the morning while on a cutting diet, at leat make it a diet mountain dew, even then its just kind of like whyyyy, if you need the jolt drink some tea or coffee....I do apologize for ragging on ya, i've just never seen something like that. Gimme some time to digest and i will come back with some constructive criticism, just trryin to get past the Mountian dew and cookies, sorry.....And just because a world class body builder has something in their diet doesnt mean that if you do it you will get their results.

I understand you thoughts, but my problem isn't loosing fat. I don't think the cookies and MD are what made me loose lean mass. Thats the part I don't understand. Is it normal to loose that much lean mass? My strength is great and I can continue down to reach my goal of 250, but I don't want to sacrifice more lean mass. Is it the morning cardio that could be doing it? I know I can cut the cookies and MD to make it cleaner, but so far its doing fine, I just don't want to keep loosing lean mass.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Check out the cutting sticky, man. No Mt Dew or cookies, either. That's ridiculous! You can get your sweet tooth fix elsewhere.

Yeah, you definatley want to minimize LBM loss while cutting, that being said, from my experience its literally impossible to cut without burning some LBM. If you are freaked out about the cardio you could swith it to PWO. But I still think the main problem is your diet.

Well I expected to loose some LBM too but I thought 3 out of 10 lbs was a little too much. I will try dropping the MD and Cookies, but it still doesn't make sense in my head. I want to understand whats making me loose the LBM.

Thanks for the help.

Oh and I don't eat the rice on non-workout days. Forgot that.

I really think your diet has a lot to do with why your burning muscle and not fat...check out this link, pretty basic cutting diet. I dont follow it, Im more into low fat, moderate carbs when cutting, this link is more of a low carb approach, but its pretty standard and should get you going in the right direction....another side note, way too much dairy in your diet for a cutter.....here's the link, if you would be more interested in a higher carb approach to cutting, let me know.

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Thanks for the help, I will try cleaning it up and see if the next 10 go all fat.

ok , good luck. Feel free to repost with your adjusments and im sure you will get plenty of constructive criticism, sorry again for raggin on ya, just hate to see people working their butts off and spinning thier wheels bc of diet.

Not a problem, I expected a little ragging.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    This is prob the first diet I have seen that didn't include Tuna.... I can't figure out if that is good or bad....

bone$ is offline Junior Member
    one thing i noticed is for a person of your size (not a bad thing at all) your carbs are pretty low for your everyday diet..granted i am not a "master" of diets myself, but you need to re-evaluate your current macros and make sure they match your stats and such. A big reason you COULD be losing muscle is because of your lack of carbs considering they are what give you energy, and have a huge part of building/keeping LBM.

just my opinion though!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pb1995 View Post
    Not a problem, I expected a little ragging.
    You will get ur chops busted here and there but trust me most of the guys that have been around a while wont steer your wrong. Check out the diet stickys.

Good luck.

man i can't remember the last time i had the Dew, i miss it

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pb1995 View Post
    So I loat 3 lbs of lean mucle out of 10 lbs total. What am I doing wrong? I am losing very slow, like 1.5-2.0lbs per weak trying to only loose fat. Does this seem normal?
    This sounds good to me.

If you are 20% bf and out of 10lbs, if less than 8 of them were muscle loss, then you are lowering your body fat. Not sure what you were expecting but you are going to lose some muscle.

Thanks for the help. I have never been much of a dieter (powerlifter) but I want to drop into a lower weight class so I am going to have to learn.

Thread Information