CeeLo is offline Senior Member

Good Carbs / Bad Carbs

Is there a such thing as good carbs and bad carbs?

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    yes and no. sugar carbs, aka bad carbs are good at times. complex carbs are good carbs, but bad carbs at times as well.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Whole grain wheat=good
    Non-whole grain=bad

Not literately but that's a general rule I stick to when using carbs. PWO people will use a faster acting carb like dextrose though.

Good carbs are high in fiber, low in glycemic index value and high in nutrients.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Kinda like 200byjune said, It depends on your diet and if it fits into it or not. Just like StoneGRMI said it is important to make sure you get carbs with a high fiber content as well.

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member

complex carbs

complex carbs are the best (pasta/potatoes)....wheat bread not white like stated before......without carbs yourbodydos not have the energy to convert protien into muscle properly!

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, its just soooo hard trying to eat clean and having to decifer b/w complex carbs and sugar carbs, sodium, fat, etc. I am trying to stay as low on the carbs as I can and get as many good quality calories in as poosible while watching my bodyfat. I am also trying to go as high as possible on the protein. Not really worried about the sodium as I read that they are needed for bodybuilding and strenous workouts.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    Yeah, its just soooo hard trying to eat clean and having to decifer b/w complex carbs and sugar carbs, sodium, fat, etc. I am trying to stay as low on the carbs as I can and get as many good quality calories in as poosible while watching my bodyfat. I am also trying to go as high as possible on the protein. Not really worried about the sodium as I read that they are needed for bodybuilding and strenous workouts.
    as long as you cook your own food and rely on vegetables or grains for carbs you should be fine.

now if you eat out constantly and eat stuff out of a box or plastic wrapper then you have to start being anal abut everything.

Thread Information