Blue72 is offline Junior Member

List of good carbs

Can you guys help me out with some good carbs to eat? I want to mix my diet up a little bit. Right now I am eating a lot of plain wheat bread. I need different types of good carbs to eat.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    try this site i hope it provides you the information you are looking for..

http://www.weightlossforall.com/glye...ruits-vegs.htm

goose is offline Banned
    If you can afford it,Aktivated Barley. Is the ultimate carbohydrate! It is a pre-sprouted grain that is digested slowly and provides energy and endurance. Has a VERY low GI, ranging between 20 and 30.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Got Google?

Blue72 is offline Junior Member
    I know the generals of what kind of foods are good to eat but I mean can anyone give me some specifics on what kind of carbs they combine their protein with?

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4 View Post
    try this site i hope it provides you the information you are looking for..

http://www.weightlossforall.com/glye...ruits-vegs.htm
    nice ..

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    The obvious one would be oatmeal. Then brown rice, whole wheat bread, and yams. Fibrous fruits and vegetables are great too, but not much calories.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    The obvious one would be oatmeal. Then brown rice, whole wheat bread, and yams. Fibrous fruits and vegetables are great too, but not much calories.
    Rice is a poor carb.Brown rice is OK in cutting only.There is hardly any difference in calories between a refined carbohydrate like white rice and an unrefined carbohydrate like brown rice but there is a big difference in fiber content. Food that is high in fiber fills you up faster than food stripped of fiber. I can easily finish two cups of white rice but I can hardly go beyond one cup of brown rice without feeling like I have just swallowed a big stone.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
    Rice is a poor carb.Brown rice is OK in cutting only.There is hardly any difference in calories between a refined carbohydrate like white rice and an unrefined carbohydrate like brown rice but there is a big difference in fiber content. Food that is high in fiber fills you up faster than food stripped of fiber. I can easily finish two cups of white rice but I can hardly go beyond one cup of brown rice without feeling like I have just swallowed a big stone.
    I only eat oatmeal, veggies and fruit.

goose is offline Banned
    I only eat oatmeal, veggies and fruit.
    Very much like me

Cave man diet by any chance?

Very much like me

Cave man diet by any chance?
    Yeah, I thought I was the only one who knew about that.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    what do you mean by caveman diet?

goose is offline Banned
    Yeah, I thought I was the only one who knew about that.
    WOW your a very smart Boy

I only break a few rules.....

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phate186 View Post
    what do you mean by caveman diet?
    Look up The Paleolithic Diet

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    kool will do, thanks

Dicknang is offline Associate Member
    Why is rice a poor carb?

I knew it by hunter gatherer. I didn't know that it was all organized and official. Good stuff.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknang View Post
    Why is rice a poor carb?
    They are extremely poor sources of vitamins (particularly vitamins A, B-group, folic acid and C), minerals, antioxidants and phytosterols.They are toxic when raw- there is no doubt about this- it is a fact that no competent source would dispute- they can be extremely dangerous and it is important never to eat them raw or undercooked. Cooking destroys most but not all of the toxins.
    These toxins include enzyme blockers, lectins and other types. once cooked this is often rapidly digestible-giving a high glycemic index (sugar spike).

I just realized goose that your avy says cupcakes. I thought it said a drug that starts with c.

goose is offline Banned
    I just realized goose that your avy says cupcakes. I thought it said a drug that starts with c.
    Why do you use a drug named with C?

Why do you use a drug named with C?
    Huh? Never!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I have:

"The Paleo Diet" -Loren Cordain PhD

"The Paleo Diet for Athletes" -Loren Cordain PhD & Joe Friel MS

"The E v o lution Diet" -Joseph Stephen Breese Morse

and I like them.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    They are extremely poor sources of vitamins (particularly vitamins A, B-group, folic acid and C), minerals, antioxidants and phytosterols.).
    Yep. Rice is akin to putting water in a Jaguar. Why use an inferior energy source for a high performance machine such as the human body?
    I know it's shunned upon by some in the BB community, but low GI carbs is what the human body functions best off of. Yes, an even low GI carbs PWO too. SHOCKING!

Pinnacle

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Yep. Rice is akin to putting water in a Jaguar. Why use an inferior energy source for a high performance machine such as the human body?
    I know it's shunned upon by some in the BB community, but low GI carbs is what the human body functions best off of. Yes, an even low GI carbs PWO too. SHOCKING!

Pinnacle

dear Big pinn,

I use Waxy Maize Starch during and post ???? You think I should change? If you could explain that would be great my man

dear Big pinn,

I use Waxy Maize Starch during and post ???? You think I should change? If you could explain that would be great my man

In see no need to consume any carbs intra workout. I have used a variation of Milo's cocktail for years now intra workout(excluding the carbs).
    Pre work out the most an individual would need is 30 grams of low GI carbs to sustain energy while training. For some reason people think they burn huge amounts of glycogen (carbs) during a training session. That isn't so at all. Arnold, who trained high volume,and for prolonged periods, only burned 350 calories during a training session. DOCUMENTED FACT!

I know all the mumbo jumbo about using fast digesting carbs PWO, but over the years I've found through experimenting on myself, and many trainee's that there is absolutely no difference in growth between consuming high GI carbs PWO and consuming low GI carbs. There is a huge difference in BF accumulation though. Low GI carbs keep you much leaner thus allowing you to consume more on a daily basis, and carbs are needed for growth, especially training HIT.
    My PWO meal that I've been eating for several years now is egg whites and sweet potato right in my car in the parking lot. No shakes ever...shocking! Uncanny thing is, I'm making great progress on a yearly basis and my body fat never exceeds 11% at any given time.

Also, guys usually consume far too many carbs in their PWO shake, then consume far too many carbs at their PWO meal. Then they wonder why they look like f*cking blimps. Someone tell me how a guy with an LBM of say 180 pounds needs 75 g of carbs in a PWO shake,and then needs 75 g more at their PWO meal. Most pro's I'm friends with don't even consume that many carbs in one sitting. You need healthy fats PWO. They are calorie dense so you need to take that into account as well. 50 g carbs,plus moderate healthy fat is more than enough for most individuals with an LBM of over 180.

Pinnacle

goose is offline Banned
    In see no need to consume any carbs intra workout. I have used a variation of Milo's cocktail for years now intra workout(excluding the carbs).
    Pre work out the most an individual would need is 30 grams of low GI carbs to sustain energy while training. For some reason people think they burn huge amounts of glycogen (carbs) during a training session. That isn't so at all. Arnold, who trained high volume,and for prolonged periods, only burned 350 calories during a training session. DOCUMENTED FACT!

I know all the mumbo jumbo about using fast digesting carbs PWO, but over the years I've found through experimenting on myself, and many trainee's that there is absolutely no difference in growth between consuming high GI carbs PWO and consuming low GI carbs. There is a huge difference in BF accumulation though. Low GI carbs keep you much leaner thus allowing you to consume more on a daily basis, and carbs are needed for growth, especially training HIT.
    My PWO meal that I've been eating for several years now is egg whites and sweet potato right in my car in the parking lot. No shakes ever...shocking! Uncanny thing is, I'm making great progress on a yearly basis and my body fat never exceeds 11% at any given time.

Also, guys usually consume far too many carbs in their PWO shake, then consume far too many carbs at their PWO meal. Then they wonder why they look like f*cking blimps. Someone tell me how a guy with an LBM of say 180 pounds needs 75 g of carbs in a PWO shake,and then needs 75 g more at their PWO meal. Most pro's I'm friends with don't even consume that many carbs in one sitting. You need healthy fats PWO. They are calorie dense so you need to take that into account as well. 50 g carbs,plus moderate healthy fat is more than enough for most individuals with an LBM of over 180.

Pinnacle

Pure evil,pure education,pure experience.Your a shocking guy (I wish I was as smart as you)

thanks for the great post

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    You need healthy fats PWO. They are calorie dense so you need to take that into account as well. 50 g carbs,plus moderate healthy fat is more than enough for most individuals with an LBM of over 180.

Pinnacle
    fat pwo? can you please explain? i thought they were slow digestion which is not what is wanted after a workout.

Dicknang is offline Associate Member

Pinnacle

I'm gluten intolerant and have been eating brown rice up to this point. Apart from potatoes, what low GI food source would you recommend to me for carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknang View Post
    I'm gluten intolerant and have been eating brown rice up to this point. Apart from potatoes, what low GI food source would you recommend to me for carbs?
    Sweet potato, lentils, pearl barley. Even strawberries/blueberries too.

Pinnacle

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    fat pwo? can you please explain? i thought they were slow digestion which is not what is wanted after a workout.
    Educated bodybuilders all know healthy fats are necessary PWO.
    Since when will 7-8 grams of healthy fats slow down digestion any more than having beef PWO? Think about it...

Further, you need fats to aid in digestion.

Do you really think your post work meal is going towards growth? If you do, you're sadly mistaken. The bodies first thing it will do after training is replenish energy(glycogen). Your body doesn't give a rat ass about muscle. Our bodies need energy to function and that's the first thing after training your body does. Secondly, did you know it takes upwards of 48 hrs to completely replenish gylcogen stores?
    So tell me how one meal with healthy fats is going to make or break your training?
    It's scientifically proven for proper protein synthesis to occur healthy fats must be present.

Pinnacle

Thread Information