92whitelx is offline Associate Member

Are no carbs better than bad carbs!!!!!

What i was wondering. while am working as a lifeguard i really dont have a choice of good carbs to eat while im there. Only stuff like sweet snake foods and breads. I am able to get grilled chicken while i am there but dont want to ruin my diet on some bad carbs. So the question is are no carbs for about 5 hours better than bad carbs

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    no carbs is better but why cany you bring like a banana or rice cakes or oats or rice with ur chicken while ur at work. also where do u life guard the beach?

I mean i could bring some stuff with me but the way they have us life guarding we only get a break every two hours for 10 minutes and there is a grill at my work and they fix me chicken.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    perfect then jsut bring some brown rice mix it up a walah ur good to go

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    i'm not sure if no carbs are better then bad carbs.. would a veteran such as Pinnacle like to chime in here?

Johny-too-small is online now Vive Memor Leti
    Honestly, it depends on what youre eating with it. Grilled chicken w/ a tbl spoon of olive oil would be a good start... I really cant believe that you cant bring a couple apples or bananas to work with you. Good luck, bro!

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92whitelx View Post
    What i was wondering. while am working as a lifeguard i really dont have a choice of good carbs to eat while im there. Only stuff like sweet snake foods and breads. I am able to get grilled chicken while i am there but dont want to ruin my diet on some bad carbs. So the question is are no carbs for about 5 hours better than bad carbs
    Umm why do you need carbs every few hours?

In other words if I'm dieting and I dont eat carbs except for veggies for a 36 hour period why do you need carbs so often? during those 5 are you doing significant physical exertion?... if not and even if you are carbs aren't necessarily warranted

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    For me no carbs, as long as I eat enough protein and fats.

If the question was crappy calories vs not eating, I would eat, skipping a meal worse.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Umm why do you need carbs every few hours?

In other words if I'm dieting and I dont eat carbs except for veggies for a 36 hour period why do you need carbs so often? during those 5 are you doing significant physical exertion?... if not and even if you are carbs aren't necessarily warranted
    Well the reason i was wanting to get in some carbs is becuase i usually go lift after work and wanted some food to fuel my body. But like stated before i just need to plan a meal out the night before

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92whitelx View Post
    Well the reason i was wanting to get in some carbs is becuase i usually go lift after work and wanted some food to fuel my body. But like stated before i just need to plan a meal out the night before
    if we use a slow acting carb to quantify blood sugar levels like oatmeal.... Oatmeal effects blood sugar right around 30 minutes after ingestion and continues for 180-240minutes max.... thus anything eaten for the first 4 hours of your shift would be useless if you are looking for preworkout carbs I would suggest a piece of fruit like an apple or banana about 30-45 minutes before your workout....

alright thanks i will plan ahead and bring some apples with me to work

Thread Information