Thread: Benefiber?

niceshotman is offline Junior Member

Benefiber?

I started a diet with frequent high protein meals, & I've gotten "the runs"...which I guess is typical. I don't eat too many carbs since I don't need them...I'm inactive besides my WO. I'm also missing a good length of instestine, which makes it hard for me to digest fibrous carbs, & it speeds up my elimination cycle.

So...has anyone tried adding "benefiber" to their diet as a way to prevent "the runs" & as a substitute for the fiber in carbs? I can't physically eat too much, so I'd rather cut back on the carbs & use the "benefiber" so that I can use my stomach volume to eat plenty of protein.

http://www.benefiber.com/
    Last edited by niceshotman; 06-16-2008 at 02:24 AM.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshotman View Post
    I started a diet with frequent high protein meals, & I've gotten "the runs"...which I guess is typical. I don't eat too many carbs since I don't need them...I'm inactive besides my WO. I'm also missing a good length of instestine, which makes it hard for me to digest fibrous carbs, & it speeds up my elimination cycle.

So...has anyone tried adding "benefiber" to their diet as a way to prevent "the runs" & as a substitute for the fiber in carbs? I can't physically eat too much, so I'd rather cut back on the carbs & use the "benefiber" so that I can use my stomach volume to eat plenty of protein.

http://www.benefiber.com/

yes, i use generic Metamucil. fiber is good for you. start slow like 5-10g spaced throughout the day, then increase to 20g or more depending on your size.

Thread Information