Thread: Trying to cut

teufelhundenjwa is offline Associate Member

Trying to cut

Just wanted to post my current diet and see if anyone has suggestions. 5'10", 209 lbs (heaviest was 240 lbs back in December), after about a year out of the gym I got back on the wagon (December of 07). Thanks in advance.

4 AM-105g chicken breast, 1 whole wheat english muffin w/honey
    5:30 AM-Workout
    7:30 AM-8 oz skim milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 rice cake
    9 AM-105g chicken breast, 1 rice cake
    10 AM-1/2 oz cashews
    12:30 PM-105g chicken breast, 75g fresh broccoli, 1/2 oz cashews
    3:30 PM-105g chicken breast, 75g fresh broccoli, 1/2 oz cashews
    6:30 PM-105g lean beef or pork, med salad w/light dressing,
    8:30 PM-1/4 cup low fat CC, 1/2 oz cashews

*All meat is weighed after being cooked
    Thanks again!

G00dfella55 is offline New Member
    I dont have the most knowlege as I am working on putting together my cut diet as well but I know that when cutting dairy is a no go so loosing the skim milk and cottage cheese could help

^^^With the placement of the skim milk being post work-out, is it necessary to cut this out whilst cutting?
    Secondly I've chosen CC due to the fact that it digest slowly. Any other suggestions for an alternative slow digesting protein source?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Cottage cheese is fine. That's the only dairy I have during a cut due to bloating and sugar but that's up to you and your macros.

Weigh your meat before cooking because most charts give the nutrient values before cooked. Your diet needs a lot of work. I would check out the cutting sticky and make a diet using that as your template. Get rid of the rice cakes, english muffins, honey and cashews. Replace with oats or brown rice and another fat source like avacados, oils, almonds..etc. Your meals should consist of a protein and a fat or a protein and a carb. Since I'm pretty carb sensitive I've found that my first meal and PWO are for sure pro/carb meals.

Like I said earlier, look at the how to cut sticky and post up a new diet in this thread. You're on your way it just needs a lot of work.

Blog Entries
    PS: Whens your cardio? Should be first thing in the morning before eating.

I appreciate the input Stone. To answer your question, I do cardio after weights, 30 min interval training.
    You said that my diet needs a lot of work...not sure as to what you've based that on. I've lost 30 lbs since December so I would assume I'm doing something right??? First 3 meals of the day consist of protein/carb, last 3 protein/healthy fats/fiberous greens. Being carb sensitive as well, this works for me. Every fourth day I eliminate the fats and carb up.
    Why would the salt free cashews need replacing?

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to learn. Thanks again!!!

Blog Entries
    Actually cashews are perfectly fine. I was thinking of another nut when I was reading that.

If it's working for you and you're maintaining all your muscle mass then what are you looking for? I can't really judge the diet correctly without all the macros for each meal. Good work on your weight loss thus far.

I appreciate the replies Stone. Guess I'm just looking for maybe some fine tuning, that's all. I'll try to get the macros jotted down so your not shooting in the dark. Once again I appreciate your time.

Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Semper Fi"

Thread Information