Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    listen to trainer at the gym or not....

    I'm a pretty confused guy right about now regarding what to do.... first off let me tell you my stats:
    6'2", 200-205 lbs. between 16-18% bf I lift 5 days a week at least, sometimes 6 depending on what my body tells me...

    Current Cycle:
    test e - weeks 1-12 500mg / week 250mg x 2 split up
    tren e - weeks 1-10 400mg / week 200mg x 2 split up
    (eca is going on right now, clen /t3 will be added shortly unless advice points me in another direction) I just started my cycle by the way week 1

    propper pct with everything from lion on hand including letro and hcg as well.


    Here is what's going on. I want very badly to lose as much body fat as possible and have been eating really clean lately... I have a friend who is also a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness that I go to who says I need to stop doing cardio while on a cycle because this is my time to GROW..... he tells me to drink muscle milk if i want, eat peanut butter.... etc... intake extra calories and all that because I need to gain a lot of size and after that is done i can cut up.

    What I was wanting to do and just started doing was doing cardio for about 30 minutes after my lifting... I've been on an eca stack as well that I just started about a week ago... I was hoping being on test / tren / eca / t3 and clen in a few weeks would actually help me gain some size (LBM) while cutting down my bf%.....


    questions:

    1. Should I listen to my buddy (trainer) regarding the DON'T do cardio unless it's for like 5-10 mins to get the heart rate up.. ?

    2. Should I be taking ECA / clen / t3 while using tren / test? (eca and clen won't be taken at the same time)

    3. should I be intaking muscle milk and lots of peanut butter and foods that have higher fat ? (remember I want to add size but i REALLY want to lower my bf% as well because i look retarded at the % I'm at right now. (i think anyway)


    ANY help, advice or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.... and I'll buy you an in n out burger on your cheat day if you're in orange county and you give me some help on this topic... :] thanks!!
    Last edited by tripmachine; 06-20-2008 at 03:25 PM.

  2. #2
    zartan is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern va
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    I'm a pretty confused guy right about now regarding what to do.... first off let me tell you my stats:
    6'2", 200-205 lbs. between 16-18% bf I lift 5 days a week at least, sometimes 6 depending on what my body tells me...

    Current Cycle:
    test e - weeks 1-12 500mg / week 250mg x 2 split up
    tren e - weeks 1-10 400mg / week 200mg x 2 split up
    (eca is going on right now, clen /t3 will be added shortly unless advice points me in another direction) I just started my cycle by the way week 1

    propper pct with everything from lion on hand including letro and hcg as well.


    Here is what's going on. I want very badly to lose as much body fat as possible and have been eating really clean lately... I have a friend who is also a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness that I go to who says I need to stop doing cardio while on a cycle because this is my time to GROW..... he tells me to drink muscle milk if i want, eat peanut butter.... etc... intake extra calories and all that because I need to gain a lot of size and after that is done i can cut up.

    What I was wanting to do and just started doing was doing cardio for about 30 minutes after my lifting... I've been on an eca stack as well that I just started about a week ago... I was hoping being on test / tren / eca / t3 and clen in a few weeks would actually help me gain some size (LBM) while cutting down my bf%.....


    questions:

    1. Should I listen to my buddy (trainer) regarding the DON'T do cardio unless it's for like 5-10 mins to get the heart rate up.. ?

    2. Should I be taking ECA / clen / t3 while using tren / test? (eca and clen won't be taken at the same time)

    3. should I be intaking muscle milk and lots of peanut butter and foods that have higher fat ? (remember I want to add size but i REALLY want to lower my bf% as well because i look retarded at the % I'm at right now. (i think anyway)


    ANY help, advice or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.... and I'll buy you an in n out burger on your cheat day if you're in orange county and you give me some help on this topic... :] thanks!!
    It seems common consensus would be to get your PWO nutrition ASAP after workout, and do the cardio in the morning or another time. The rest seems up for debate. There are definitely some guidelines in the diet threads on cutting, but maybe you can feel it out some from your body's reaction to tren etc. If bulking was your goal, your trainer would be right. But then you would probably be taking deca not tren. How many times are you doing cardio per/week currently?

  3. #3
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    To lose body fat, you train and diet properly. You dont take steroids . You take steroids to get muscle on you or mass.

    Its to late now since your already on a cycle. So I would stick to minimal cardio and concentrate on multi joint routines. Just guessing here since I dont know your age, you prolly want to stay between 2500-3000 calories a day to lose weight. I would stay away from clen /t3 till your pct.

  4. #4
    bmg's Avatar
    bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    682
    at a bodyfat level of 18ish youre going to have to focus on the fat loss goal if you want to see any progress in the near future.

    the sauce will still play an important role because it will much help you avoid catabolism... especially if you are dieting strictly. what you probably want to do is kill the estrogen conversion with the drug of your choice... many to choose from... arimidex would be my choice.

    once you get your bodyfat in range then you should switch gears and add muscle... if thats your goal.

  5. #5
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by zartan View Post
    It seems common consensus would be to get your PWO nutrition ASAP after workout, and do the cardio in the morning or another time. The rest seems up for debate. There are definitely some guidelines in the diet threads on cutting, but maybe you can feel it out some from your body's reaction to tren etc. If bulking was your goal, your trainer would be right. But then you would probably be taking deca not tren. How many times are you doing cardio per/week currently?
    I actually just added cardio into my routine... I started it up about a week ago and I'm already noticing a difference. I have done it about 5 days or so. I was hoping to do cardio about 4-5 times a week. I know cardio in the a.m. is BEST and would prefer that but I have late nights and need to really adjust my sleeping patterns or else I can't get to the gym in the a.m. for cardio. I will work on my sleeping habits and get in for a.m. cardio. So DON'T do 30 mins of cardio after my lifting?? basically i lift for about 1 hour - 1 hour 20 mins.... cardio 30 mins... go home and have my PWO shake:

    2 scoops iso pure zero carb. (i use it for the flavor i'm addicted to)
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    serving of raw oatmeal
    in water

    protein-50g, carbs roughly 60-70

  6. #6
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    To lose body fat, you train and diet properly. You dont take steroids . You take steroids to get muscle on you or mass.

    Its to late now since your already on a cycle. So I would stick to minimal cardio and concentrate on multi joint routines. Just guessing here since I dont know your age, you prolly want to stay between 2500-3000 calories a day to lose weight. I would stay away from clen/t3 till your pct.
    I never said steroids are for losing body fat.... I'm juicing to gain muscle OBVIOUSLY.... I am training and dieting properly BUT now I want to know what people think about the goals I have vs. what my friend is telling me to do. I think he has his goals and he's telling me to do what he would do...He wants to be a monster and already weighs like 260 at 6'2". I want to be a solid 200-210ish.. I'm wanting to GAIN lean body mass WHILE lowering my body fat.... I'm 28 years old.... and you say stay away from t3 until pct? I've read quite a bit to only take t3 while cycling some test + possibly some other stuff as t3 will reduce muscle....

  7. #7
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    at a bodyfat level of 18ish youre going to have to focus on the fat loss goal if you want to see any progress in the near future.

    the sauce will still play an important role because it will much help you avoid catabolism... especially if you are dieting strictly. what you probably want to do is kill the estrogen conversion with the drug of your choice... many to choose from... arimidex would be my choice.

    once you get your bodyfat in range then you should switch gears and add muscle... if thats your goal.
    that sounds like some advice that makes sense.... in order for me to see improvements i WILL need to lower my bf or else i'll just keep seeing the same non sense... Would letro work? I have that on hand.... or would i need arimidex?

    By the way, Thanks to ALL 3 of you so far for chiming in here and helping out, I appreciated it greatly!

  8. #8
    bmg's Avatar
    bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    682
    sure... letro will work great

  9. #9
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    I'm a pretty confused guy right about now regarding what to do.... first off let me tell you my stats:
    6'2", 200-205 lbs. between 16-18% bf I lift 5 days a week at least, sometimes 6 depending on what my body tells me...

    Current Cycle:
    test e - weeks 1-12 500mg / week 250mg x 2 split up
    tren e - weeks 1-10 400mg / week 200mg x 2 split up
    (eca is going on right now, clen /t3 will be added shortly unless advice points me in another direction) I just started my cycle by the way week 1

    propper pct with everything from lion on hand including letro and hcg as well.


    Here is what's going on. I want very badly to lose as much body fat as possible and have been eating really clean lately... I have a friend who is also a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness that I go to who says I need to stop doing cardio while on a cycle because this is my time to GROW..... he tells me to drink muscle milk if i want, eat peanut butter.... etc... intake extra calories and all that because I need to gain a lot of size and after that is done i can cut up.

    What I was wanting to do and just started doing was doing cardio for about 30 minutes after my lifting... I've been on an eca stack as well that I just started about a week ago... I was hoping being on test / tren / eca / t3 and clen in a few weeks would actually help me gain some size (LBM) while cutting down my bf%.....


    questions:

    1. Should I listen to my buddy (trainer) regarding the DON'T do cardio unless it's for like 5-10 mins to get the heart rate up.. ? you can cut or bulk with the cycle you have, the tren especially will allow you to lose bf while gaining muscle mass, if you want to cut i would do HIIT cardio 3x a week

    2. Should I be taking ECA / clen / t3 while using tren / test? (eca and clen won't be taken at the same time)i hope you know that clen and eca hit the same receptors so taking them alternating weeks won't work, write out how you are going to be taking them so we can tell if your body will have enough time to upregulate, btw are you using the benedryl/keto method

    3. should I be intaking muscle milk and lots of peanut butter and foods that have higher fat ? (remember I want to add size but i REALLY want to lower my bf% as well because i look retarded at the % I'm at right now. (i think anyway) Peanut butter and muscle milk have good fats, but you have to watch how much you are eating as too much fat will make you, well, fat, lol



    ANY help, advice or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.... and I'll buy you an in n out burger on your cheat day if you're in orange county and you give me some help on this topic... :] thanks!!
    write out your diet with macros and i'll help critique it, i also have a couple good cutting diets you can model off of but first write out your diet and i'll help you however i can

  10. #10
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by phate186 View Post
    write out your diet with macros and i'll help critique it, i also have a couple good cutting diets you can model off of but first write out your diet and i'll help you however i can

    Ok cool! I will write it all out and get that posted up... I'm about to leave work so I can't do it right this minute. I will be taking the clen /t3 instead of the ECA when I get them in the mail. I will be taking benadryl every 3rd week @ 50mg per night for 7 days right before bed as I have read a lot about before... I think keto is a bit pricey compared to the benadryl and I'd like to keep prices down if they are both doing the same thing (upregulating my receptors) I thought ephedrine hit the beta 1 receptors and the clen hit beta 2 or something?? If that makes no sense then please just ignore that.. I thought that's what i've read a few places. Some would say do eca for 2 weeks then clen for 2 weeks and on and on... Anyway I'm probably going to do the clen / t3 through my cycle unless i get pointed another direction. Thanks!

  11. #11
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    sure... letro will work great
    what dose would you suggest for what i'm trying to do? I PM'd you to so feel free to respond here or there. Thanks!

  12. #12
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    I thought ephedrine hit the beta 1 receptors and the clen hit beta 2 or something?? Some would say do eca for 2 weeks then clen for 2 weeks and on and on... Anyway I'm probably going to do the clen / t3 through my cycle unless i get pointed another direction. Thanks!
    http://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

    "Since weīre speaking about beta-receptors and upregulation, here, let me address the claim that you can use ephedrine (or the ECA stack), alternating with clen , in order to avoid receptor downgrade. Iīm not sure where this rumor came from, but it is totally incorrect.

    To dispel this myth, lets examine ephedrine for a second. Remember when I said that using clenbuterol to stimulate the beta-2 receptors is like hitting a tack with a hammer? Well, Ephedrine is like a sledge-hammer, it hits the beta-2īs and everything around them. Thatīs because itīs not selective, but rather it stimulates other receptors to a great degree as well. thereīs no denying that ephedrine will downregulate beta-2 receptors....ergo you will not be able to use it on the weeks in between your clen to upgrade your receptors. "


    more clen info:

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=269240

  13. #13
    tripmachine's Avatar
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    http://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

    "Since weīre speaking about beta-receptors and upregulation, here, let me address the claim that you can use ephedrine (or the ECA stack), alternating with clen , in order to avoid receptor downgrade. Iīm not sure where this rumor came from, but it is totally incorrect.

    To dispel this myth, lets examine ephedrine for a second. Remember when I said that using clenbuterol to stimulate the beta-2 receptors is like hitting a tack with a hammer? Well, Ephedrine is like a sledge-hammer, it hits the beta-2īs and everything around them. Thatīs because itīs not selective, but rather it stimulates other receptors to a great degree as well. "


    more clen info:

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=269240
    awesome info! So would you think ephedrine would be worse or more effective for fat loss vs. clen? because it hits beta 2 AND more.... when clen focuses just on beta 2? Also I wonder if ephedrine would make me lose more appetite than clen would? stuff like that.... Thanks for the info!

  14. #14
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    awesome info! So would you think ephedrine would be worse or more effective for fat loss vs. clen? because it hits beta 2 AND more.... when clen focuses just on beta 2? Also I wonder if ephedrine would make me lose more appetite than clen would? stuff like that.... Thanks for the info!
    clen by itself is more effective for fat loss in my opinion, though clen/t3 is by far superior to eca

    neither clen nor eca nor ecy will supress your appetite

  15. #15
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    Your personal trainer buddy is an idiot.

    -CNS

  16. #16
    sugarfreebig's Avatar
    sugarfreebig is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    202
    don't listen to ur buddy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •