Civic0 is offline Associate Member

high carb low carb days. . . how to choose?

I usually eat small meals throughout the day. . . everyday. . . lately i have been hearing about having high carb days and low carb days. . . how do you know when to choose? How many high carb days vs. low carb days should there be in a week? Vice Versa? Any pointers would be great. . . thanks guys...

23 yrs old
    225 lbs
    6'0
    16% bf

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You need to experiment for yourself to find out. But a good place for you to start would be 150g carbs split between 3 or 4 meals as your mid day.

Say you are working out 4 days per week. Do a mid day on the days you train arms or shoulders etc. Do higher carb (say 225-250g) on leg day and back day as you should be expending more cals these days and need more for recovery as well.

The other 3 days can be lower carbs as you are not training (except cardio) and do 50g first meal on 2 of the days and 0 the last day.

From here just experiment. Maybe you require more higher or lower days. Maybe you wont want to have any zero carb days. Up to you and how your body reacts. But I would suggest that you dont have 2 high carb days in a row if you are trying to diet, spread them out.

Many many factors to take into consideration tho. Its best to look at overall kcals and then divide them between the 3 macro nutrients as you see fit for you goals and how your body reacts. Also if you are using anabolics or how much cardio you do as well.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    What bino said+1
    Pinnacles post says it all, I wish it was stickied.
    Why am i doing wrong to see my abs???

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Currently I cycle
    Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday = No carbs
    Thursday Friday= High Carbs
    Saturday = low carbs

Monday Tuesday Wednesday = No carbs
    Thursday Friday= High Carbs
    Saturday Sunday = low carbs

Works well for me, but everyone is different.
    Worked great for my pre contest, currnetly I still am doing this in order to get my BF% lower for my first cycle of test, Deca , and dbol .

Thread Information