Thread: EFA's per day

QBERT is offline Junior Member

EFA's per day

Can anyone recommend a good amount of EFA's to tke in per day without going overboard? Aiming for a lean bulk. I will be supplementing mainly with a blend of EFA oil.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QBERT View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good amount of EFA's to tke in per day without going overboard? Aiming for a lean bulk. I will be supplementing mainly with a blend of EFA oil.
    i take in 6-10g a day.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^Agreed, 10g of fish oil a day for me.

Thanks naturalsux, I was thinking along the similar lines as well maybe 10-15g. Anyone else?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Do you know what EFA's are?

If so than you should all know that just merely taking fish oils isnt the best option. Not sure why everyone thinks of EFA's and takes JUST fish oil. Your body requires a reasonable percentage of both EFA's.

I would suggest about 15g w3 oil and 5-10 w6 oil. But this also greatly depends on your size, goals and overall diet.

Can anyone recommend a good amount of EFA's to take in per day without going overboard? Aiming for a lean bulk. I will be supplementing mainly with a blend of EFA oil.
    Don't remember where I said I would just be taking just fish oils, but thank you for the response.

Don't remember where I said I would just be taking just fish oils, but thank you for the response.
    That's funny, and where did I say you would only be taking fish oils?

I didnt misread your post at all, you misread mine. I was merely responding to other people who had posted previously and asking a simple question.

And, and being serious when I ask YOU...do you what know what EFA's are?

No worries bro I was planning on using 3,6,& 9 blend. Trying to keep my fats low so no salmon in my diet. Probably just use oil, but any other advice always welcome.

Well if you are using an oil blend than no reason to cut out salmon. Just use less of supplemented oil since you can get EPA and DHA from salmon.

But you dont need a w3 w6 and w9 blend. You only need LNA (ALA) and LA in your diet. From there your body can make the other polyunsaturates it requires.

So just make sure your diet includes good sources of both. If you do supplement with an actual oil I would suggest UDO's oil or hemp oil.

A good diet would consist of 2g of w3 oil for every 1g of w6 oil you ingest. So this also needs to be considered with food choices.

If you dont eat fish...aka salmon than you may want to supplement with flax oil so you dont develop an w3 deficiency.

Thanks Bino I do have Udo's oil, but 100g of salmon puts me at 15g of fat already. Seems like it is going to be hard to stay in the 15-25g range / day. Udo's would give me 14g then maybe include another meal with salmon? This would be close to 30g and possibly my limit for the day.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks Bino I do have Udo's oil, but 100g of salmon puts me at 15g of fat already. Seems like it is going to be hard to stay in the 15-25g range / day. Udo's would give me 14g then maybe include another meal with salmon? This would be close to 30g and possibly my limit for the day.
    you only eat 30g of fat a day while dieting?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    You do know that fats don't make you fat, excessive calories do. I wouldn't eat less than 50 grams, I have similar stats as you. If another 20 grams of fat makes you gain weight then you need to up your cardio.

Thread Information