paddy155 is offline Member

Need a little help from diet Guru's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a major problem trying to sort out a simple diet and it is holding me back from acheiving what I want from bodybuilding. I am 26 years old,196 cm tall and weigh 231 lbs. I have worked out using the harris benedict formula that I need 3976 calories to maintain my current weight. So for me to gain(bulk) which I am intending I will need to consume 4500 calories daily in order to make progress. I am a bricklayer to trade and I would say I could only consume 6 whole meals daily. Any other meals would have to be shakes. I am an active person throughout the day with work and then train at night. I seem to get confused breaking down the 4500 calories into protein,carbs and fat and how much I should have in each meal. Hope I have explained this correctly. Thanks for the help.

Nark ?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Well first determine what percentage of your total daily calories you want to derive from each macro. For example, Pro 40%, Carb 40%, Fat 20%. Then remember that each gram contains:
    Pro=4Cals
    Car=4Cals
    Fat=9Cals

So for example, if you need 4500 cals, 40% is around 1800 and you divide this by 4(since 4 cals per gram), so 450 grams of protein.

Anyways thats what I understood from your question and hope it helps

Thank you

Thread Information