Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

How lean should i ge before bulking

Hello everyone,
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post! First off A little about myself. Been lifting for about 6 or 7 years. Started learning how to eat about a year and a half ago. I am 5 " 4 and a fairly lean 135-140lbs about 10-11 % body fat and 37 years old. Before i learned how to diet i weighed about 167 and was about 20 % body fat. Now this is just a guess. My question would be how lean do you think i should get before i consider bulking up? I like the way i look. I am getting pretty vascular. My goal would to be about 150 and 10 % body fat showing abs. I am currently eating 6 meals per day. 240 grams protein and 200 grams of carbs. I don't eat much fats. I get them from ***** 3,6,9 and from red meat 3 times a week. My meals are split evenly. Meals 1-6 40 grams protein. Meals 1-4 50 grams carbs. Meal 5 just 40 grams protein and greens and meal 6 before bed cassien protein and greens. I am not looking to be the biggest guy in the gym. I just want to look great. The supplements i am currently using are ***** 3,6,9 , Arganine and a good multi-vitamin. Oh yeah i take creatine to But i am off of the creatine right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank yo in advance this board is awesome and all the members are great!!!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Bulk now.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    10-12% is an ideal place to start bulking, which you are at...so bulk away!

Thanks for the replies! So any ideas based on my numbers now what i should adjust. Should i just eat more of what i am eating? Or should i bump the carbs to like maybe 300. Or just add in more fat to my current nutrition plan? Also how long do you think i should bulk before dieting again? Thank you

anyone?

bmit is offline Member
    add more efas to your meals and increase your portions. keep it simple bro. No set on when to stop bulking. i stop when i feel too fat

lil hulk is offline Associate Member
    Find you Calorie Intake and what it should be..most people maintain body weight at 14 cals per body weight (DEPENDING on your physical activity throughout the day) *if it where me* i would take my wieght X 16 and that would be my calorie intake and if that doesnt make you gain 1 to 2 lbs a week then bump the cal number up to 17 or 18 and refigure your macro's....................... 50% carb, 30% Pro, 20% fat....this is what i do when i bulk and have great results with it.

Thread Information