Thread: TURKEY / Ham

lil hulk is offline Associate Member

TURKEY / Ham

Is there any thing wrong with the packaged TURKEY / Ham that you can buy at walmart or dillions....i know they are high in sodium but high water intake will take care of that....im on a cutting diet and im wanting to replace a couple of my shakes through out the day with whole food...

any info on the turkey or ham.....or any other food replacements for shake other than tuna or chickn would be highly highly appreciated...thanks

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Ground Beef and Ground Turkey breasts cooks quickly and tastes great cold. Cook it up and get out the tupperware. Add in some veggies while its cooking and you have 3-5 meals prepared for the next day in about 10 minutes.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I just go to costco and buy the lean turkey slices for sandwishes. I think they have like 5gm of protein each and I eat 4 at a time with a shake. Thats like 20gm or protein with 60 from the shake so I take 80gm of protein in a little while.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    I just go to costco and buy the lean turkey slices for sandwishes. I think they have like 5gm of protein each and I eat 4 at a time with a shake. Thats like 20gm or protein with 60 from the shake so I take 80gm of protein in a little while.
    For the thread starter, DONT DO THIS, lol. That shake is pretty much a waste. For one thing if its whey, its absorbed to rapidly to provide any real benefit. Second 80g of protein at one sitting is WAY too much. If your gonna do the lean turkey slices, jsut eat more of them. Around 35-45g of protein in one sitting is fine.

lil hulk is offline Associate Member
    Allright good deal i planed on eating 8 to 10 slices of turkey or ham ..which is about 25g of protien ...i just didnt know if the perserv in it would be bad for a cutting diet or not!!!!

Thread Information