paddy155 is offline Member

Question regarding oatmeal

I am intending on using oates in almost all of my carb meals in my diet. I do not get much time to eat with work and other commitments. I was intening on adding my oates to water and drinking them rather than cooking. Is this ok to do ? Unsure if their is any difference from cooking them. Thanks.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    dont see why you cant do that. i add them to a protein shake every now and then. i obviously dont cook my protein shakes so yea. do it.

sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    No problem with that, wouldn't use them if you were cutting mind you. But taking them in water is no different and saves time.

Ok thanks.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_sneed View Post
    No problem with that, wouldn't use them if you were cutting mind you. But taking them in water is no different and saves time.
    There's nothing wrong with using oats when cutting, especially if your on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using oats when cutting, especially if your on the go.
    High fat content which some people do not acount for in their total macro's.

You can get a high amount of calories from a small portion of oats.

I didn't say something was wrong with them. Just better choices for cutting IMO.

High fat content which some people do not acount for in their total macro's.

You can get a high amount of calories from a small portion of oats.

I didn't say something was wrong with them. Just better choices for cutting IMO.
    The only other better carb choice would be sweet potatoes or barley IMO, the fat content isnt that high at all.....As long as the fat content fits into your daily macros, they are perfectly fine. If someone isnt accounting for the fat in their macros then they have other issues all together, lol.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ^^agreed, try yams or sweet potatos, I got sick of oats, especially after 8 cups/day

Back to your original question, there will be no difference drinking oats vs. cooking them.

The only other better carb choice would be sweet potatoes or barley IMO, the fat content isnt that high at all.....As long as the fat content fits into your daily macros, they are perfectly fine. If someone isnt accounting for the fat in their macros then they have other issues all together, lol.
    lol agreed. I was referring to the Sweet Potato should have mentioned it specifically because its the Champ.

lol agreed. I was referring to the Sweet Potato should have mentioned it specifically because its the Champ.

Indeed it is I have my entire office eating sweet potatoes, its hilarious, there's like 10 bags of them all over the kitchen.

Indeed it is I have my entire office eating sweet potatoes, its hilarious, there's like 10 bags of them all over the kitchen.
    Thing is there actually nice Little bit of cinnamon on top.

Thing is there actually nice Little bit of cinnamon on top.
    Heck yeah, delicious, I put a little Smart Balance fake butter spray on top, then some splenda and cinnamon, good stuff. Or I use sugar-free ketchup.

Hey abbot,looking good in your new avy mate.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy155 View Post
    Hey abbot,looking good in your new avy mate.
    Hey thanks bro, appreciate the love Been working my arse off, couple more weeks then I am done with all this cutting crap, lol...Time to grow for a few months!

i'm actually excited about cutting up a bit. Need to lose the belly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy155 View Post
    i'm actually excited about cutting up a bit. Need to lose the belly lol.
    YEah, its always exciting at first, lol....good luck bro, stick with it and make sure you dont get too frustrated or discouraged, it takes time, but the end result is always worth it if you put the time and dedication in.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    pearled barley
    sweet potatoes
    oats

there are your carbs. And if you eat some fruit...

mex83 is offline " I Can Make Your Days And Nights Look Like Fantasy "
    Blog Entries
    YEah, its always exciting at first, lol....good luck bro, stick with it and make sure you dont get too frustrated or discouraged, it takes time, but the end result is always worth it if you put the time and dedication in.

I heard that.... it is hard and it can get frustrated at times.... I just stick to Oats since I am not a sweet potatoes person lol..

I normally just get my cup of oatmeal and add about a cup or more of water and blend it in the blender. I pack it up is small containers in the AM before heading to work along with my 8oz of meat or chicken and my bag of veggies.... thats how I eat my oats. I do add some Splenda from time to time when I have craving for a sweet but most of the time I just eat them with water. Also I like it mixed in water better than cooked because when its cooked it tends to be thick instead of just watery its faster to drink watery than thick. my 2 cents.

KUDDOS TO ABBOT on his new pic.... looking good man... those sweet potatoes do that to you shit Im going to go get a case from the store now lol. kidding.

Blog Entries
    For a question that just came to mind, I been doing the cutting diet for a lil over a month now and I been doing the gym with instense weight lifting and doing my cardio for 45-60 mins every day even on days I dont go to the gym, yet my scale weight doesnt show a lot of difference for the past two weeks is there something wrong that I am doing? I mean I still feel that I am loosing weight and my clothes are getting bigger and bigger every week but my scale weight is not getting lower and lower like I would like to see.... why is my weight scale weight number not going down?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mex83 View Post
    For a question that just came to mind, I been doing the cutting diet for a lil over a month now and I been doing the gym with instense weight lifting and doing my cardio for 45-60 mins every day even on days I dont go to the gym, yet my scale weight doesnt show a lot of difference for the past two weeks is there something wrong that I am doing? I mean I still feel that I am loosing weight and my clothes are getting bigger and bigger every week but my scale weight is not getting lower and lower like I would like to see.... why is my weight scale weight number not going down?
    you are gaining muscle. if you supplement with creatine, you will retain extra water.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    you are gaining muscle. if you supplement with creatine, you will retain extra water.
    Right on thats what I thought that it was due to muscle gain.... Thanks Adam.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i cant stand oats anymore, i gotta drink them with water and still have trouble lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    i cant stand oats anymore, i gotta drink them with water and still have trouble lol
    blend it in your protien shake bro... of not just blend for about 2 mins in the blender with lots of water so it can come out watery it would feel much better and it would be like drinking water.

Thread Information