Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dieting dilema

most_desired is offline Female Member

Dieting dilema

I'm looking for ideas...

I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I am female currently weighing 315lbs @ 5'8". I have a gym membership at my local gym which isn't ready to expire until the spring of next year. When I signed up I got my body measurements and body fat percentage. Although I don't remember my measurements I do remember that I was at 48% body fat (April of this year). Right now it could be higher since I have gained and lost weight since getting my percentage.

Well I really want to lose weight. The thought of half of my body consisting of fat is really scary. That and knowing that diabetes runs in my family has made me realize that I don't want to have anymore health problems as it is. I am probably already pre-diabetic, which I guess is just a fancy term for those who are already diabetic but not fully blown diabetic.

Anyway what I need is help with my diet. Obviously it consists of a lot of high fat and high carbohydrate food and perhaps a moderate amount of protein. I figured I had to trim all of my food choices down to their whole, natural food choices without frills. I'm doing this is that I can to calculate the amount of fat, carbohydrates and protein I will be eating in order to create a balanced diet and maintain my lean body mass cause I don't want to lose that do I.

P.S. Please don't send me to the sticky threads just yet, I haven't finished explaining my diet yet.

So here's what I need help with:

1. Find the healthiest food choices.

2. Figure out the portions of fat, carbs, and protein in grams/%

3. Expand my food list.

THE LIST

CARBOHYDRATES
    100% whole wheat bread
    brown rice
    yams/sweet potato
    oats
    kidney beans
    pinto beans

PROTEIN
    egg whites
    natural turkey not deli
    ground turkey
    chicken breast (skinless or split with the bone in)
    albacore solid white tuna
    beef- sirloin ( need to find a leaner cut)

FATS
    olive oil
    mayo - regular

VEGETABLES
    tomatoes whole/sauce
    green beans
    spinach cooked/raw
    lettuce iceberg and romaine
    broccoli

FRUIT
    pineapple - fresh
    orange juice (rare)
    apples (rare)
    bananas (rare)
    pears (rare)

DAIRY
    cottage cheese

I don't really eat a lot of fruit or eat cottage cheese but I have still included them on my list.

How many grams of each should I be eating (%ratios)?
    Last edited by most_desired; 08-01-2008 at 10:25 PM.

reserved for sample diet

Posideon is offline Junior Member
    Why on God's green earth, are you on a steroid website lady??? Are you kidding me... Don't take any offense to this, but you should be on a Jenny Craig website or something.. This website is not for you...

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by Posideon View Post
    Why on God's green earth, are you on a steroid website lady??? Are you kidding me... Don't take any offense to this, but you should be on a Jenny Craig website or something.. This website is not for you...
    thats what i was thinking...

but since you're here..
    why mayo? thats not good. olive oil or flaxseed oil.

just get a variety of those foods, and go for.. idk.. 1800 calories a day, even protein and carbs, low fat. like only 40g max. try to add any cardio, like start with just walking a lot. lifting some maybe.

and if you don't stick with it, nothing will come from it. no cheating or thinking "a snack can't hurt"

Thanks for the replies.

Jenny Craig! They have people eating processed food. For the money I could eat real food and still lose weight. I wanted to know how to cut fat and still maintain my muscle mass. I figured I'd learn form the people who do it all the time. Jenny Craig certainly not show me how to do that.

T_Own, yeah I thought 1800 kcal would be about right.

45% Carbs 810 kcal 202.5gr
    40% Protein 720 kcal 180gr
    15% Fat 270 kcal 30gr

I wonder if the fat content is too high?

I'm still working on my workouts. I'll post that in another forum.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    first of all. WELCOME! and you are in a good place.

i can see you are a little uneducated just as the majority of the population are. don't worry about why fat is good and carbs are bad right now. people at different levels of fitness need different dietary goals and percentages. for now. i think you should be taking in 50% of your cals from protein, 25% from fat and 25% from carbs. your carbs can come in your first meal. and around your workouts. fats and protein at all other times.

now you have a long way to go, and if you are strapping yourself in for teh entire ride there is no need to short change yourself on keeping your muscle. start around 2200 cals a day for a while. and if you keep active you should begin to lose weight. recombining your calories and your meal timing will change throughout the journey but for now i see it as.

6-7 meals a day. meal 1 and pre and post workout would be your pro/carbs meals. pro/fat in all other areas. this would be optimal for losing weight and maintaining your muscle mass. when you lose the weight these ratios may change, but we aren't there yet.

now for beginners it is important to understand that total calorie consuption is where loss of tissue will occur. so being under a certain amount will contribute a loss in overall tissue, and hopefully minimal lbm (lean body mass).

so eating all those healthy cals will seem rough at first, but the results will be worth it.

if it is hard to buckle down to this diet at first, just count calories based on your selections (you have a good list) and stay around 2200 daily, with the majority of your cals coming from protein. try for lean meats, potatoes, and fibrous veggies throughout your day. olive oil, flax oil, and fish oil are all good choices for fats.

if you have any questions...ask. it is a process of learning and dedication and i wish you the best of luck along your way.

stpete is offline Banned
    Well, you're here and you're getting your diet together. 2 positives. I agree with T Own, get to that gym on a regular basis and do something. Even if it's just some light walking, or a little on the treadmill, you'll still be making progress.
    Don't forget to drink plenty of water.
    Good luck and welcome to the forums.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    I would listen to what nova said. My 2 cents would be to watch what you drink. I would drink only water. Do not drink sodas, alcohol, milk, coffee or fruit juices. It doesnt matter if it is diet or not. Doing that right there will help you tremendously. Another thing to do is clear out your house of all junk food and snack foods. You need to concentrate on 6 meals a day(at least). Snacking is not needed anymore. The less temptation you have in your house the better.

Yeah I realize a good portion of my weight comes from what I drink, so am prepared to give up drinking everything but water.

I am on an extreme cutting diet (keto). From personal experience I don't think I can eat more than 1800 calories and still lose weight. The last serious attempt I made at weight loss and muscle building was back in 2006. I spent about 4 months doing cardio and lifting constantly. I lost about 25 lbs but my diet was off. So I had periods of weight loss and gain although I believe the loss was from eating too few calories (around 800) and any stall in weight loss or gain was from eating too many calories (around 2000). I can give you and example of that diet I had around then.

Right now what I am looking for is that "sweet spot" where I can be satisfied with my diet, lose the fat and build muscle. I believe I can swing 1800 calories and increase it to about 2000 calories as my lean muscle mass and activity level increases. I hope I can lose at least 1lb a week. It should take 2 1/2 to 3 years.

How should I consume the fat in my diet? I expect to receive most of it through the food that I eat. The rest will come from the olive oil I'll be using in cooking.

fatty foods like avacado, nuts, different oils like you said, naturl peanut butter. off the top of my head those are some decent choices.

mex83 is offline " I Can Make Your Days And Nights Look Like Fantasy "
    Blog Entries
    I love me some Guacamole lol.... with my beef brisket yum yum......

Anyways you came to the right place, there are some really good people in the site that will give you advise for free.... just stick to reading stickies and posting questions even the ones you think are stupid will help you on getting your weight off.... I have done it and I am sure you have.....

For the first two people who posted a comment telling you that you shouldnt be in here.... dont listen to them..... there will be people in here that will have negative comments toward you just stick around once again.... and filter out the negative comments from the positive..

Nva stepp is real good at giving you advise another person that I would look for would be ABBOT he is great at advise and he will have no problem giving it to you.

I do agree with you with Jenny Craig and other "diet prgrams" those are processed foods that still come with tons of loaded fats .......

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mex83 View Post
    I love me some Guacamole lol.... with my beef brisket yum yum......

Anyways you came to the right place, there are some really good people in the site that will give you advise for free.... just stick to reading stickies and posting questions even the ones you think are stupid will help you on getting your weight off.... I have done it and I am sure you have.....

For the first two people who posted a comment telling you that you shouldnt be in here.... dont listen to them..... there will be people in here that will have negative comments toward you just stick around once again.... and filter out the negative comments from the positive..

Nva stepp is real good at giving you advise another person that I would look for would be ABBOT he is great at advise and he will have no problem giving it to you.

I do agree with you with Jenny Craig and other "diet prgrams" those are processed foods that still come with tons of loaded fats .......

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!
    Good post,

One thing that's gonna do the most for you is cardio. Start slow, The body's main fuel supply is fat. In order to get the body to burn a higher percentage of fat during exercise, you need to pay attention to your heart rate. At a certain heart rate range, the muscles will burn an increased amount stored body fat.

The aerobic (fat burning) heart rate is between 65 and 90 per cent of your maximum heart rate. In response to whatever activity you're performing, your heart must beat at a rate that is between 65 and 90 per cent of its fastest possible rate.

You need to maintain this 65 to 90 percent of maximum heart rate for 15 to 30 minutes, at least 3 times per week. To estimate your maximum heart rate just take the number 220 and subtract your age.
    Best of luck and welecome to AR!

Blog Entries
    thanks for complementing my post Rugger.... I feel like I know what she is going through since I was at almost 350 myself when I first decided I was going to do whatever I had to do to change my life and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by mex83 View Post
    thanks for complementing my post Rugger.... I feel like I know what she is going through since I was at almost 350 myself when I first decided I was going to do whatever I had to do to change my life and lifestyle.
    Yah anybody that says that this site isn't where she belongs is wrong. There's so many experts on dieting, nutrition and lifting on here it's insane. I haven't done a single cycle yet but I'm I'm still a member of a Steroid Forum. Does that mean I don't belong either? No. It means that I learned that I'm not ready for that step yet and I'm learning where I need to be in order to get there. I wouldn't even be close without the knowledge of people on here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Yah anybody that says that this site isn't where she belongs is wrong. There's so many experts on dieting, nutrition and lifting on here it's insane. I haven't done a single cycle yet but I'm I'm still a member of a Steroid Forum. Does that mean I don't belong either? No. It means that I learned that I'm not ready for that step yet and I'm learning where I need to be in order to get there. I wouldn't even be close without the knowledge of people on here.
    Yep shyt I wouldnt even know how to do my diet meal plans if it werent from all of the post and free advise from people in here...... ABBOT YOU THE SHITZ man..... I lov ya......

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    first of all. WELCOME! and you are in a good place.

i can see you are a little uneducated just as the majority of the population are. don't worry about why fat is good and carbs are bad right now. people at different levels of fitness need different dietary goals and percentages. for now. i think you should be taking in 50% of your cals from protein, 25% from fat and 25% from carbs. your carbs can come in your first meal. and around your workouts. fats and protein at all other times.

now you have a long way to go, and if you are strapping yourself in for teh entire ride there is no need to short change yourself on keeping your muscle. start around 2200 cals a day for a while. and if you keep active you should begin to lose weight. recombining your calories and your meal timing will change throughout the journey but for now i see it as.

6-7 meals a day. meal 1 and pre and post workout would be your pro/carbs meals. pro/fat in all other areas. this would be optimal for losing weight and maintaining your muscle mass. when you lose the weight these ratios may change, but we aren't there yet.

now for beginners it is important to understand that total calorie consuption is where loss of tissue will occur. so being under a certain amount will contribute a loss in overall tissue, and hopefully minimal lbm (lean body mass).

so eating all those healthy cals will seem rough at first, but the results will be worth it.

if it is hard to buckle down to this diet at first, just count calories based on your selections (you have a good list) and stay around 2200 daily, with the majority of your cals coming from protein. try for lean meats, potatoes, and fibrous veggies throughout your day. olive oil, flax oil, and fish oil are all good choices for fats.

if you have any questions...ask. it is a process of learning and dedication and i wish you the best of luck along your way.
    Props to you Nova!!!!

Way to be the hero!!!! Your in good hands most_desired.

Thanks B.E.N.

looking forward to hearing back from you most_desired!

It's been about a month...

And I'm down about 7 or 8lbs. I know most if not all of this was water weight loss (being on my period didn't help ).

My diet is getting better. I have bought a food scale and have compiled a notebook listing the nutritional value of everything I eat. This will make meal planning and calorie counting much easier. I still have a few wrinkles to iron out but I'm glad to say that I'm finally getting on track. I don't skip breakfast anymore and I'm drinking nothing but water, which has really cut my sugar intake a lot. I'm still having trouble getting my calories up to 1800/day. Right now I can just muster 1600 cal and that's if I don't skip any meals.

I'm not too big on supplements but I do have some protein powder which I plan to use as pre-workout nutrition. I don't advocate exercising on an empty stomach so in the morning before my workout I plan on taking 2 scoops whey. Then I will have breakfast for my post-workout meal.

Diet example:

1 shake 310 cal 52 gr protein 6gr fat 2 gr sugar
    4oz pasta 420 cal 20 gr protein 2 gr fat
    1 cup cereal 200 cal 9 gr protein 13 sugars 4.5 gr fat
    9oz chicken 360 cal 78 gr protein 1.5 gr fat
    2 fruits ~ 200 cal
    1 tortilla 160 cal 3.5 gr fat 3 gr protein
    1/2 baby spinach ?
    1tbs lite honey mustard dressing 45 cal 2.5 gr fat
    sprinkle fat-free cheddar cheese

daily total ~1700 cal 162 gr protein 19.5 gr fat

Sorry I don't have a total for the carbs. I'm just shy of 1gr protein/lb LBM. I know I should be getting 1.5 gr/lb LBM but I'm trying to lean out not bulk.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know if its been mentioned but you gotta get the fruit out. fruit sugar is no good to a cutter

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Look into buying some Juice+ pills which will enable you to obtain all your fruits and veggie servings each day without all the sugar. I take it just for the health benefits since as a bodybuilder I don't eat enough fruits and veggies because there is too much sugar and too time consuming. Plus it increases my recovery time significantly (lots of phytonutrients). Just a suggestion and think they come in a tea blend too.

Keep up the good work, your in a good place

B.E.N. is offline Member
    First congrats most_desired on sticking with your diet and exercise. Right now it may seem a struggle or hassle to mantain these but once it is engrained in your day to day lifestyle you will really enjoy yourself. As you can see from the number of people on this board addicted to this lifestyle.

mkrulic...I get what you are saying, but keep in mind your audience on this thread. Right now it is more important for most_desired to focus on staying with her routines and looking at the generic macros of her diet. Down the road as her body adapts to the new stress (exercise & clean diet) she can start to worry about where those macros are coming from and start looking into the micro in her diet.

Keep at it most_desired...
    Last edited by B.E.N.; 08-27-2008 at 11:18 AM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very cool that you're embarking on the journey to fitness and health, and no idea how you found this website, but I agree with many above, there are experts galore here. And very few, if any, get their ego into the replies--just good sound advice from people who have done a lot of research and actually live what they talk. The idea is to get hooked on watching that weight come down, and watching your fitness go up. Replace that food addiction with an exercise one.

As for who and who doesn't belong here, well, by my own admission, since I'm a runner and not a builder, I don't "belong" here. But I've found nothing but excellent knowledge and advice, extremely blunt and truthful, and though I'm in the medical field, I trust what is said here more than I do what a doc would say because I know how much training we get in diet, nutrition, and fitness--6-8 hours maybe, but that's pushing it. I'll keep coming as long as these guys will let me.

good stuff most_desired. glad to hear you're still with us! I don't have time to comment right now, but I'll drop you a line later!

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    . The idea is to get hooked on watching that weight come down, and watching your fitness go up. Replace that food addiction with an exercise one.
    Very well put.

BBall6 is offline Associate Member
    Just read through this and wanted to say good luck and if you listen to the people on here, you will be able to get where you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by most_desired View Post
    And I'm down about 7 or 8lbs. I know most if not all of this was water weight loss (being on my period didn't help ).

My diet is getting better. I have bought a food scale and have compiled a notebook listing the nutritional value of everything I eat. This will make meal planning and calorie counting much easier. I still have a few wrinkles to iron out but I'm glad to say that I'm finally getting on track. I don't skip breakfast anymore and I'm drinking nothing but water, which has really cut my sugar intake a lot. I'm still having trouble getting my calories up to 1800/day. Right now I can just muster 1600 cal and that's if I don't skip any meals.

I'm not too big on supplements but I do have some protein powder which I plan to use as pre-workout nutrition. I don't advocate exercising on an empty stomach so in the morning before my workout I plan on taking 2 scoops whey. Then I will have breakfast for my post-workout meal.

Diet example:

2 fruits ~ 200 cal
    1/2 baby spinach ?

Sorry I don't have a total for the carbs. I'm just shy of 1gr protein/lb LBM. I know I should be getting 1.5 gr/lb LBM but I'm trying to lean out not bulk.
    try to add protien to every meal. protien will cost you 20% in digestion. If you eat 100 cals that came from protien then you will spend 20 in digestion. and you wont bulk from too much protien. If your refering to muscle bulk. unless your doing aas you dont have the hormones to pull it off. Ive found for cutting that 40-50% of my cals should come from protien. and you really ought to rethink the fruit. unless you eat it for digestive reasons Id skip it. and if you eat it for digestive reasons Id find something else that works. fruit sugar is no good for someone trying to loose weight. straight to fat cells
    Last edited by mkrulic; 08-28-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    1. DRINK A LOT OF WATER.
    2. eat breakfast at 6:30 every morning
    3. keep your heart level up for at least 2 hours/day
    4. eat lunch consisting of fruits and vegetables and meat at 12:00pm
    5. eat a snack at 3pm of fruit
    6. eat a light supper no later than 6:30pm.
    The reason that I say start at 6:30am is because it will stimulate your metabolism and the earlier you eat, the more breakfast you can eat
    The reason that I say at least 30 min of aerobic exercise/day is because the longer that you keep your heart rate up the more energy you burn.
    The reason that I have put you on a schedule of times to eat is because this schedule keeps your metabolism up. The later that you eat supper, the more likely that the calories that you consume at dinner will turn to fat.
    I suggest a lot of water because it has no calories and it aids the digestive process. I suggest fruit and vegetables because they do not have many calories and they digest easily.

Yeast Infection
    fruit goes straight to fat cells. fruit is not your friend if youre cutting.

B.E.N. is offline Member
    The later that you eat supper, the more likely that the calories that you consume at dinner will turn to fat.

Yeast Infection
    This is largely a dieting fallacy. The main varaible in fat loss or gain is calorie intake. This is the only factor I believe you should be concerned with right now most_desired. As your diet becomes cleaner and you fitness better then you can start really tinkering with the macro or micro of your diet.

The only real variables in fat loss or gain are net calories, the GI of foods, frequency (as you mentioned) and to a lesser degree hormonal balance.

And what is up with the link to yeast infections????

TRA
    But don't foods that have a high GI stimulate increased storage into the adipose cells? Though net calories have a lot to do with it, if you eat 1500 cal per day of snickers bars, and your buddy does the same with protein, veggies, etc., my guess is he'll look a helluva lot better when the weight comes off.

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Although obvious, I agree with your example.

I was just trying to point out that we tend to make meal planning overly complicated. Prudence should no doubt be exercised but many people tend to worry about the micros of their diet when they have not mastered or managed the macros correctly.

It would be frustrating to ask someone that has just begun research into dieting properly to evaluate something like the photonutrients of every meal consumed.

To begin with, and to establish a routine, net calorie intake will suffice. Imagine how many fewer people in America would be overweight simply be monitoring net calories.
    Last edited by B.E.N.; 08-28-2008 at 03:43 PM.

TRA
    Put that way, I wholeheartedly agree. Excellent point.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Posideon View Post
    are you kidding me bro, whats with the flaming....shes come to a place where there is 1000x the knowledge of jenny craig and shes wanting to learn and better herself, who are you to knock her down?

btw this is the diet section and there is a SEPARATE section for steroid use ...

Quote Originally Posted by most_desired View Post

don't get discouraged! it's coming off right...that is your only concern. it's about making a lifestyle change remember.

My diet is getting better. I have bought a food scale and have compiled a notebook listing the nutritional value of everything I eat. outstanding This will make meal planning and calorie counting much easier. I still have a few wrinkles to iron out but I'm glad to say that I'm finally getting on track. don't worry about the wrinkles. if you feel the need to make small adjustments go ahead, but concern yourself with diet precision and cardio persistence. I don't skip breakfast anymore and I'm drinking nothing but water, which has really cut my sugar intake a lot. I'm still having trouble getting my calories up to 1800/day. Right now I can just muster 1600 cal and that's if I don't skip any meals. don't stress. your body will take some time to get used to the new diet format. just stick with as much as you can for now. it's about being better, and your body just has to get used to greatness.

I'm not too big on supplements but I do have some protein powder which I plan to use as pre-workout nutrition. I don't advocate exercising on an empty stomach so in the morning before my workout I plan on taking 2 scoops whey. Then I will have breakfast for my post-workout meal. absolutely fine. keeping a high amino profile before and after a workout is a great idea. keep it up. if you run out, you can always buy more or substitute it with something else. few eggs and an apple. the protein will give you that amino profile while the apple will help get some blood sugar back up after your nightly fast.

Diet example:

okay

that's a lot of cals coming from carbs here. i will assume this is your post workout meal so its ok here, but be careful with your serving size.

cereal isn't a good bet. try for something cleaner. the only one i could see you using right now would be raisin bran or one of those fiber cereals. if not, oats will do the same. splenda and cinnamon with skim milk is actually pretty tasty.

do you like broccoli? green veggies would be great with that chicken.

2 fruits ~ 200 cal
    possible to eat any protein here, i would. that's basically 50g of carbs, and you probably only need half of that to get to the next meal.

again, high carb. maybe throw some tuna in, and cut down on tortilla size. just trying to manipulate your carb intake to keep it even through meals.

1/2 baby spinach ?
    little turkey and this is complete.

protein content isn't going to make you bulk. total calories will. so don't worry about bulking. protein will also help you retain any of the muscle you have and any you will be building throughout your workouts. so don't let your protein amount intimidate you. it's a different idea from mainstream methods, but that's why we look better
    i appreciate the fact that you are still working hard and it gives me strength to continue my own journey. i have made some critiques, some are small details, some is constructive criticism. protein isn't an issue, add it if u want/can. keep it up and work hard. it's funny, the first time i lost weight it seemed like daily monotony, but after a while it became a habit, then a hobby. now it's a lifestyle. going through the motions at first is just the right of passage. many of the people on here want THE EASY WAY OUT. and there isn't one. i can look better naturally than someone who is using AAS and doesn't care about their diet. 100% truth. so don't worry about supplements, unless they're cleaner food or extra cardio. keep in touch.

But don't foods that have a high GI stimulate increased storage into the adipose cells? Though net calories have a lot to do with it, if you eat 1500 cal per day of snickers bars, and your buddy does the same with protein, veggies, etc., my guess is he'll look a helluva lot better when the weight comes off.
    it's actually going to start glycogen storage first, which is one of the reasons bodybuilders rely on carbs. it will help generate energy later and allows for greater anabolic gains. continuous fluctuations in insulin responses can pose a problem if the diet isn't planned well, so that is why diet is of the utmost importance.

nothing is going to "turn to fat" complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mkrulic View Post
    fruit goes straight to fat cells. fruit is not your friend if youre cutting.
    fruit makes you fat? no no no no no no.

again, and again, people think this, but it just isn't true. do a search and look it up, because i've explained this at least 100 times in different threads.

1. DRINK A LOT OF WATER.
    2. eat breakfast at 6:30 every morning
    3. keep your heart level up for at least 2 hours/day
    4. eat lunch consisting of fruits and vegetables and meat at 12:00pm
    5. eat a snack at 3pm of fruit
    The reason that I say start at 6:30am is because it will stimulate your metabolism and the earlier you eat, the more breakfast you can eat
    The reason that I say at least 30 min of aerobic exercise/day is because the longer that you keep your heart rate up the more energy you burn.
    The reason that I have put you on a schedule of times to eat is because this schedule keeps your metabolism up. The later that you eat supper, the more likely that the calories that you consume at dinner will turn to fat.
    I suggest a lot of water because it has no calories and it aids the digestive process. I suggest fruit and vegetables because they do not have many calories and they digest easily.

she would disappear if she followed that approach. she has a lot of good lookng muscle and right now weight loss and muscle-sparing are her goals.

and a lot of your information is mainstream crap that gets passed around from person to person without any knowledge or real-world experience to back it up.

TRA
    Great post to the initial poster above--huge props bro.

Regarding the carbs, I know about the glycogen storage, but for the sake of discussion, doesn't a more simple carb also spike your insulin more, leading to a cascade of events that are undesirable, when complared to a more complex carb? And does this have any bearing on PWO utilization or no?

It's been recommended to me to do straight protein after my long runs, as I'm not a builder, but trying to cut fat, but I'm not sure how that replenishes my glycogen. I can see depleting it days before an event, so I can carbo load, but how about now?

Great post to the initial poster above--huge props bro.

Regarding the carbs, I know about the glycogen storage, but for the sake of discussion, doesn't a more simple carb also spike your insulin more, leading to a cascade of events that are undesirable, when complared to a more complex carb? And does this have any bearing on PWO utilization or no?

It's been recommended to me to do straight protein after my long runs, as I'm not a builder, but trying to cut fat, but I'm not sure how that replenishes my glycogen. I can see depleting it days before an event, so I can carbo load, but how about now?
    i don't want to hijack, so here. Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101
    after reading that if you have questions post em up.

RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    get 'em nova

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information