Uptown is offline New Member

Revise my diet please!!

Alright, here's my stats:

5'11"
    205 pounds
    13% body fat ~approx. (water displacement test)
    26 years old
    several years of lifting experience, collegiate athlete, natural

I run 200 miles per month (yes, two hundred) and I need some serious calories in order to function, but I just can't put together a decent diet to start re-shaping my body. I lift only 2 days/week which is usually only upper body.

My typical day:

7am - wake up
    11am - run about 8 miles (1 hour) over my lunch hour(s) at work
    12:30pm - eat my first meal of the day (usually Lean Pockets or a Healthy Choice frozen lunch)...limited options while I'm at work.
    4pm - eat a burrito from Chipotle (chicken fajita with the tortilla, rice, chicken, tomatoes, corn, cheese).....yes, I do this about 5 days/week.
    8pm - 2 cups of cereal with skim milk (usually Raisin Bran or Cheerios).

These are obviously not the ideal items I should be eating, but I feel as though my body needs a significant amount of calories due to the heavy running. Can someone please help me with a "somewhat normal diet" that I can follow thats relatively easy for someone who's typically on the go? I'm looking to cut the weight while still maintaining my size....I'm looking to trim down, not bulk up.

I usually run 6 days/week and I've lost about 30 pounds so far this year with my current diet, but I KNOW that I could be much further along if I had my diet in check.

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Uptown; 08-13-2008 at 07:57 PM.

EatLiftGrow is offline Associate Member
    I see this is your first post. Welcome. Read this -

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=180184

Make sure you include your Calorie needs for the day and the macros in each meal (pro, carb, fats)

Read the Stickies at the top of the Diet forum, These will provide you with plenty of help to base your diet around. You will find plenty of people here to help you, but you have to show that you are wanting to learn, For example. Researching. I suggest this sticky if you are looking to cut.

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Good luck.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptown View Post
    Alright, here's my stats:

5'11"
    205 pounds
    13% body fat ~approx. (water displacement test)
    26 years old
    several years of lifting experience, collegiate athlete, natural

I run 200 miles per month (yes, two hundred) and I need some serious calories in order to function, but I just can't put together a decent diet to start re-shaping my body. I lift only 2 days/week which is usually only upper body.

My typical day:

7am - wake up
    11am - run about 8 miles (1 hour) over my lunch hour(s) at work
    12:30pm - eat my first meal of the day (usually Lean Pockets or a Healthy Choice frozen lunch)...limited options while I'm at work.
    4pm - eat a burrito from Chipotle (chicken fajita with the tortilla, rice, chicken, tomatoes, corn, cheese).....yes, I do this about 5 days/week.
    8pm - 2 cups of cereal with skim milk (usually Raisin Bran or Cheerios).

These are obviously not the ideal items I should be eating, but I feel as though my body needs a significant amount of calories due to the heavy running. Can someone please help me with a "somewhat normal diet" that I can follow thats relatively easy for someone who's typically on the go? I'm looking to cut the weight while still maintaining my size....I'm looking to trim down, not bulk up.

I usually run 6 days/week and I've lost about 30 pounds so far this year with my current diet, but I KNOW that I could be much further along if I had my diet in check.

thanks guys.

Welcome to AR bud.

The first thing you gotta do is realize that you need to squeeze a few more meals in during your day. Everybody says "I can't because I'm at work" But that's just not true.
    I can eat a quick pre-cooked chicken breast in like 2 minutes in the bathroom at work. If you really want it, you can make the time to eat.
    EatLiftGrow connected you to a great link for a cutting diet and you should definately read that and follow the structure of that diet.
    You're not getting NEARLY enough protein in your diet. If you cant find the time to eat more lean meat, tuna, white meat chicken, lean ground beef etc, you can always bring a protein shake with you. As it's always said on here "Real food is better for you than shakes" but they will still help you get your calories/protein up where they need to be.
    You should be eating at least 1.5 times your lean body weight in protein daily.

If I were you I would have my first meal right when you wake up, something like 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup oats in either water or skim milk and some fish oil. Looks like you're not getting enough complex carbs (Oats, potatoes, yams, brown rice are all good sources)

With as much cardio as you're doing a proper diet is extremely important, the reason you're not seeing the results you want right now is that your body is almost always in a catabolic state. Try to put together a diet that will work for you, following these guidelines including about 6 nutritional meals and post what you come up with. I guarantee if you stick with it, you'll be shredded in no time.

Good luck bro

Thread Information