BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member

Diet Coke and stuff?

Is diet pop ok to have once in a while, it says 0 calories on the can so im thinkin its ok but wtf is really in there tho...? Do you hardcore guys n gals ever cheat and eat some shitty snacks and stuff?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    yes diet drinks are okay every so often, just dont count them for your water intake and your fine, that will force you to drink water as well, whats in them is artificial sweetener, citric acid for a little flavor and coloring

and yes, it's called a cheat meal, basically once a week you can have a meal thats not so good, like some pizza, a burger, or a high cal dessert, but the rest of the week you eat healthy

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobee View Post
    Is diet pop ok to have once in a while, it says 0 calories on the can so im thinkin its ok but wtf is really in there tho...? Do you hardcore guys n gals ever cheat and eat some shitty snacks and stuff?
    like phate said, part of cheat meal is ok. I only drink water and nothing else. You want that processed junk in your body.

on a side note.. if im going to drink a soda, i am going MT dew lol. I am not going to be drinking no diet stuff

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    yes diet drinks are okay every so often, just dont count them for your water intake and your fine, that will force you to drink water as well, whats in them is artificial sweetener, citric acid for a little flavor and coloring

and yes, it's called a cheat meal, basically once a week you can have a meal thats not so good, like some pizza, a burger, or a high cal dessert, but the rest of the week you eat healthy
    Notice he said Cheat MEAL, not cheat DAY, which is where a lot of people go wrong (I was one of them) and work their ass off during the week, flush it all down the toilet in one day. Never see results and then give up.

VIPLV is offline Junior Member
    I take a cheat day every week. IMO it's fine to take an entire cheat day as long as you don't go over board. I stick to the same meal times as I do in the week and I eat whatever in small portions and I would assume my gains are as good as everyone else's. For instance I might wake up and make a ham, turkey, and CHEESE omelette. I never eat cheese in the week but one day a week is fine. I'll divide the omelette into 2 portions and eat it for my 9 and 10:30 meals. Then I might go out to Chipotle and get a burrito, eat one half then and the rest at a later time. You CAN'T just go out and eat as much of whatever you want, but a whole day is fine as long as you put it into small meals. Maybe you won't lose that 1/2 lb, but it won't throw you off and I think it's much more likely that somebody will stick with the diet if they have a day they can look forward to. The body loves schedules but one day isn't going to throw you off. Think of sleep for instance. If you wake up at the same time very day for a month, you're body will start to get used to waking up at that time. If you take a sleeping aid and sleep in one day; it won't throw you off. You'll still wake up the same time as you have all month the next day. Maybe I'm wrong, but this works great for me and everyone I know that does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPLV View Post
    I take a cheat day every week. IMO it's fine to take an entire cheat day as long as you don't go over board. I stick to the same meal times as I do in the week and I eat whatever in small portions and I would assume my gains are as good as everyone else's. For instance I might wake up and make a ham, turkey, and CHEESE omelette. I never eat cheese in the week but one day a week is fine. I'll divide the omelette into 2 portions and eat it for my 9 and 10:30 meals. Then I might go out to Chipotle and get a burrito, eat one half then and the rest at a later time. You CAN'T just go out and eat as much of whatever you want, but a whole day is fine as long as you put it into small meals. Maybe you won't lose that 1/2 lb, but it won't throw you off and I think it's much more likely that somebody will stick with the diet if they have a day they can look forward to. The body loves schedules but one day isn't going to throw you off. Think of sleep for instance. If you wake up at the same time very day for a month, you're body will start to get used to waking up at that time. If you take a sleeping aid and sleep in one day; it won't throw you off. You'll still wake up the same time as you have all month the next day. Maybe I'm wrong, but this works great for me and everyone I know that does the same thing.
    depends on what your doing. If you are cutting, prolly not. Whatever works for you. I think one meal is plenty.

No cutting is fine too. Maybe not for the pro-bodybuilder. But for someone trying to lose weight it'll work just fine. I've recommended this diet for years and people are able to remain much more consistance. Most recently a good friend of mine dropped 38 lbs in 8 weeks and went from 24% body fat to 16%. These are not uncommon results. Again this might not be the best senario for a pre-contest guy looking to shed that last bit of body fat, but it works great for everyone I know. This guy is asking if Diet coke is okay so I highly doubt he's looking for a pre-contest cutting diet.

ray0414 is offline Member
    i would stay way from any pop really. and those diet pops are loaded with artificial sweeteners which are being shown to trick your appetite with the empty calories which leaves your body craving real calories which could cause u to crave more junk food. its pretty much proven that people who drink diet pop are normally fat, not skinny, and u definitely dont lose weight from switching from regular pop to diet pop. and My uncle ( who is a bigger guy) was tellin my dad that he stopped drinking diet pop and started drinking i think it was juice or something, and he says he lost 15 pounds. ive heard other similar stories too bout people losing weight when they stop drinking diet pop.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ray, thats what i needed to hear, This is all new to me and im getting awsome results in the last 6 months, But I find myself craving junk, and Diet pop like this from time to time. I completely quit drinking beer or any alcohol about 140 days ago and that was a tuff one for me, the results are amazing, I must be very strong willed. thanks again

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    i would stay way from any pop really. and those diet pops are loaded with artificial sweeteners which are being shown to trick your appetite with the empty calories which leaves your body craving real calories which could cause u to crave more junk food. its pretty much proven that people who drink diet pop are normally fat, not skinny, and u definitely dont lose weight from switching from regular pop to diet pop. and My uncle ( who is a bigger guy) was tellin my dad that he stopped drinking diet pop and started drinking i think it was juice or something, and he says he lost 15 pounds. ive heard other similar stories too bout people losing weight when they stop drinking diet pop.
    I would have to agree most people that I know that hard core diet soda fan are on the heavier side!

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Notice he said Cheat MEAL, not cheat DAY, which is where a lot of people go wrong (I was one of them) and work their ass off during the week, flush it all down the toilet in one day. Never see results and then give up.
    Hahaha!!! so true on this one... I would do the same before.

I lost 20 lbs in 2 months. All I did was stop drinking soda! I just drank water and nothing else.

Well, I started eating the right foods, 5-6 meals a day, and exercising too :P

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    cheating is basically lack of dedication to a diet. and moreso lack of preparation. sure we all have cravings and it would be highly detrimental to our already constantly strained CNS to deprive ourselves of a craving. but to cheat an entire day? and to eat total shit? not good. it can't be beneficial. and it isn't. to cheat well use a recipe for whole wheat pancakes or something similar and CARB UP. just carb up. don't deep fry, don't fat binge, just carb up. that's all u need. glycogen can't stay filled and our body is screaming out to binge to fill it. and when we go crooked, we don't fill anything except those once absent fat stores. so carb up once a week, help those glycogen stores stay as full as they can, and give your mind a break. and when i say carb up... i'm talking 800g on that day, but all as healthy as possible. you feel absolutely wonderful the next day. and u can make it a routine to do it before leg day... which is the all holy killer when you make progress with your trees.

cheating can be well planned as well.

Exactly!!! That's what I was trying to say. Don't go overboard, but if you're on a carb deprived diet. Go get some sushi, eat some whole wheat bread, eat some rice. You can't go low carb you're entire life, if you do, you're going to be miserable. If you want to drink a beer go for it, just make sure it's on your off day!!!! I'm talking about a lifestyle not contest prep! I was just trying to say That it's better to eat several meals of your favorite foods in smaller portions, than one huge meal. You enjoy life more, and it's easier to stick with it! Just don't go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    Hi,

Maybe you are talking about the sweetner Aspartame/Nutrasweet. This chemical compound is made from a derivitaive of B-12. However this is not the healthy vitamin that you can take for energy.
    A study at the University of Florida showed that large doses of Nutrasweet can cause serious neurological disorders. The study was buried and I can explain why. A nice donation to the school virtually erased all traces of the study.
    Nutrasweet was developed by the Monsanto Corporation. You can Google the company and find that their most famous product is called Miracle Grow. They are a chemical company who mostly produces pesticide. They originally developed Nutra-sweet as a bait to attract insects to their poison. Sound tasty?

Best Wishes

http://www.yeastinfectionadvice.com

go with stevia:

http://www.stevia.net/

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris View Post
    Hi,

Maybe you are talking about the sweetner Aspartame/Nutrasweet. This chemical compound is made from a derivitaive of B-12. However this is not the healthy vitamin that you can take for energy.
    A study at the University of Florida showed that large doses of Nutrasweet can cause serious neurological disorders. The study was buried and I can explain why. A nice donation to the school virtually erased all traces of the study.
    Nutrasweet was developed by the Monsanto Corporation. You can Google the company and find that their most famous product is called Miracle Grow. They are a chemical company who mostly produces pesticide. They originally developed Nutra-sweet as a bait to attract insects to their poison. Sound tasty?

Best Wishes

http://www.yeastinfectionadvice.com
    What he said. Same with new G2 Gatorade. That sucralose in it not only tastes terrible it is bad stuff.

testigator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPLV View Post
    No cutting is fine too. Maybe not for the pro-bodybuilder. But for someone trying to lose weight it'll work just fine. I've recommended this diet for years and people are able to remain much more consistance. Most recently a good friend of mine dropped 38 lbs in 8 weeks and went from 24% body fat to 16%. These are not uncommon results. Again this might not be the best senario for a pre-contest guy looking to shed that last bit of body fat, but it works great for everyone I know. This guy is asking if Diet coke is okay so I highly doubt he's looking for a pre-contest cutting diet.
    You're right, its 'fine' to do and if people stick to a better diet than they are use to, they will lose weight as you suggest. But, what about if they did all the good stuff and didn't do the cheats? My guess...they would have to see better results. A diet coke is no big deal but in my experience...it just leads to more cheating. Great info.

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    all diet drinks are 1 molecule away from being phermeldahyde....better of drinking the regular ones imo

Thread Information