shadowlid is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Appetizer suppressant

First of i am 6'3" 202 pounds and about 20% body fat.
    My goal is to get to around 8-10 percent body fat by the end of october
    i don't care about losing muscle mass right now i just want the fat gone fast
    i could fast with out the Appetizers Sup. No problem but i just want to go straight to eating 1 meal a day.Til my stomach resizes.

What i am asking is if anyone has tried any of the products with success or should i not waste my money on them.

Thanks,

Shadow

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    I don't think 1 meal a day is the best way to lose weight. The body becomes catabolic and attempts to readjust to the "starvation". For years I wouldnt eat anything for breakfast except coffee, go to work and sometimes not eat until the late afternoon. Well I also usually had quite a big meal at dinner. Over the years, although I wasn't fat, I developed increasing belly and overall torso fat, probably partly also stress related, cortisol induced.

Changing my diet recently has already allowed me to lose bf, and even though you say you dont care, keep muscle. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. You really ought to the diet section and read about a cutting diet.

I dont know which appetite suppresant you are taking about. Some OTC's have caffeine or green tea and that can aid in lipolysis. The ECA or ECY stack seems best, or Clen as a supplement to accelerate lipolysis. But these are just icing on the cake, no pun intended. The mainstay seems to be changing your diet and increasing cardio to at least 5 times per week 45 min per. Cardio on an empty stomach first thing after you get up is best too. Small, frequent meals keep your metabolism up, prevent catabolism, and the carbs you take in should be mostly low GI index like whole grains, oats, sweet potatoes. Ands it important when you injest carbs because they stimulate the insulin response, which could lead to fat deposition.

There is so much more of this info in the diet section of the forums. If average overweight people of the world (of which there are so many) would take heed to BB wisdom on this subject there would be a lot like money made of the "diet" and supp industry.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info!!!

I am going to make a diet tonight and start tomorrow.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    good article for you:

It is estimated that the thermic effect of food accounts for approximately 10% of your total calories expended daily. Protein has the highest thermic effect, followed by carbohydrates, and lastly, fats. This is one reason why I recommend including a portion of lean protein at each and every meal; so that you always get the benefit of increasing the calories expended through digestion. Eating a portion of protein with each meal also helps moderate the glycemic (blood sugar) response to the ingested carbs, and helps provide satiety.

Each time you eat a meal, you expend calories simply by digesting and absorbing that meal. Therefore, if you eat 5-6 small meals per day as opposed to the typical 2 or 3 meals per day, you are increasing your calorie expenditure simply by increasing your meal frequency. Eating 5-6 small meals per day means eating approximately every 3 waking hours throughout the day. It is important to note that you should never skip breakfast. You should eat first thing when you wake up in the morning to get your metabolism revved up again. If you go the entire morning without eating like many people do, your metabolism is running much slower than it should, and you’re also putting yourself in a catabolic situation where your body will be breaking down muscle tissue for energy and to supply amino acids for other essential bodily functions.

Another reason that increasing your meal frequency is important towards losing body fat and promoting a lean body is that it helps to maintain a more stable and steady blood sugar throughout the day. This keeps your insulin levels more stable and allows you to be in a fat burning mode for more of the day. If you eat the traditional 2-3 large meals per day, you have much bigger swings in your blood sugar and insulin levels. After a large meal, your blood sugar will spike much higher than compared to smaller meals, and the subsequent insulin surge will have your blood sugar crashing to lower than normal levels, leaving you hungry and fatigued until you eat your next feast. It is very hard to lose body fat when you’re only eating 2-3 large meals per day. In addition to promoting a leaner body, eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout each day will also provide you with more consistent energy levels without the mood swings. To explain exactly what a small meal means, let’s go back to the example of the guy that is trying to eat 2500 calories/day to lose fat. That would equate to 6 meals with approximately 400 calories per meal or 5 meals of approximately 500 calories per meal. Generally, most people are going to want to keep most of their meals between 300-600 calories for the maximum benefits.

fyi:

Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3173 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2173 to 2673 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to gain weight should be between: 3423 to 3673 calories (kcal)

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlid View Post
    Thanks for the info!!!

I am going to make a diet tonight and start tomorrow.
    Make sure to post what you come up with in here and we'll critique it further for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    fyi:

Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3173 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2173 to 2673 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to gain weight should be between: 3423 to 3673 calories (kcal)
    Make note of this, Good info to have

Best of luck man!

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    First of i am 6'3" 202 pounds and about 20% body fat.
    My goal is to get to around 8-10 percent body fat by the end of october
    i don't care about losing muscle mass right now i just want the fat gone fast
    i could fast with out the Appetizers Sup. No problem but i just want to go straight to eating 1 meal a day.Til my stomach resizes.

What i am asking is if anyone has tried any of the products with success or should i not waste my money on them.

Thanks,

Shadow
    BTW You meant "Appetite" not "Appetizer" right? It wont do you any good supressing chicken strips or Mozzarella sticks

LOL Sorry, I couldn't help it

I have been going off this book Gaining Mass! Written by Anthony Ellis

And it says to eat 12 times your lean body weight and with the formula and things in the book i found my lean body weight to be around 165?? (I Might be way off)

So i was making my diet out for 1800 calories (just to be on the safe side) is this to low. Could this do more harm then good.

1800 calories 6-300 calories meals

40% protien-720 calories-180 grams – per day
    30% carbs-540 calories-135 grams – per day
    30% fat –540 calories-60 grams – per day

Each meal
    120 calories protein-30 grams – per meal
    90 calories carbs-22.5 grams – per meal
    90 calories fat -10grams – per meal

It also says to do your cardio right after you wake up and then eat your 1st meal.
    But on regular days eat right when you get up to stop muscle catabolism.(I guess that means muscle break down???)

I will be working out 3 days a week cardio and 3 days regular work out sessions.

IF Any of this is wrong please correct it.

testigator is offline Junior Member
    Shadowlid: Looks like a zone diet to me. What type of protein, carbs, fat are you going to consume in these meals? What are the times you will be consuming? As for the calories consumed..I would start with ADAMGH's suggestions. He seems to be right on the ball with this stuff. You can always adjust as you see changes in your body. Make this an experiment with your body. Push yourself and educate yourself and it will be fun. Keep us updated.
    -yes do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning.
    -yes Catabolism is muscle breakdown.

Arrow

Thanks again for the info.
    I'm still working on the diet. Its alot harder than i thought finding good foods. I got the basics from the book but I need help finding good foods.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for the info.
    I'm still working on the diet. Its alot harder than i thought finding good foods. I got the basics from the book but I need help finding good foods.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    cans of tuna in water
    sweet potatoes
    broccoli
    green beans
    plain oats(get big container of quaker oats)
    whole eggs
    egg whites(comes in small carton)
    i personally love whole wheat english muffins, eat at discretion
    eizikel bread( havent had it myself but heard it is really good)
    butter- if you have to use it, use whole butter, not margarine.

all i can think of at the moment..

Stay away from HFCS(high fructrose corn syrup) drinks and foods and no sodas. Just stick with water. It is all you need.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Regarding the appetite suppressants, the only ones that really work are the ones that act on the central nervous system. This of course, gives you energy initially, decreases sleep, etc., just like amphetamines. The down side is you develop a resistance to them, crash when coming down, and when they wear off, your appetite returns with a vengeance. I tried Hoodia several times, due to all the hype, and it was shite...pure shite. The only appetite suppressant I have found to be effective is eating naked in front of the mirror.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    If you can get a prescription from your doctor, I would suggest Bontril (phendimetrazine) it works great at a suppressant.

Lol ill try the mirror.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Go with a low cal diet and cardio cardio cardio cardio .

Thread Information