BTM0085 is offline Associate Member

$80 a week bulking diet?

hey guys, I am going bak to school in jan..so im going to be on a tight budget..is it possible to get a high protein high calorie (4500+) bulking diet on 80 dollars a week? i am 6'3 220 right now i atleast want to maintain my weight....really fast metabolism was 160 lbs at 6'3 when i was 18....23 now...

Kelleh is offline Associate Member
    Yea i thinks that possible you just have to find the right foods that fit your diet and budget. it probably doesnt leave you any money for supplements.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36 View Post
    hey guys, I am going bak to school in jan..so im going to be on a tight budget..is it possible to get a high protein high calorie (4500+) bulking diet on 80 dollars a week? i am 6'3 220 right now i atleast want to maintain my weight....really fast metabolism was 160 lbs at 6'3 when i was 18....23 now...
    Try to buy in big bulks. Get big bags of frozen chicken. Like go to sams, or costco, even a walmart possibly. Get lots of cans of tuna fish as well. You can do it though on that budget. Also for veggies you can buy big frozen bags of them for cheap.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleh View Post
    Yea i thinks that possible you just have to find the right foods that fit your diet and budget. it probably doesnt leave you any money for supplements.
    ive never bothered with supplements really. i dont even do shakes anymore. Only thing i supplement are healthy fats.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive been trying to figure out the cheapest way to do this also. on avg Ive been spending 1.50 per 40 gram serving of pro. that cost me 15 usd per day. the cheapest solution ive found is supplementing half of my protien requirments thru deer meat. I figure Ill spend about 75 cents per pound.

gooer is offline Associate Member
    i go to school too and get in about 500 g of protein a day for pretty cheap. i dont know about 80 a week but i do:

meal 1: 6 eggs, 2 packets oatmeal (52 p, 40 c)

meal 2: same

meal 3: 2 cans tuna, 2 packets oatmeal (79 p, 40 c)

meal 4: same

meal 5 (before bed): 1 lb cottage cheese (60 g p)

i have other meals but these are the most cost efficient

that's over 300 protein and 160 carbs for under 20 a day.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gooer View Post
    i go to school too and get in about 500 g of protein a day for pretty cheap. i dont know about 80 a week but i do:

meal 1: 6 eggs, 2 packets oatmeal (52 p, 40 c)

meal 2: same

meal 3: 2 cans tuna, 2 packets oatmeal (79 p, 40 c)

meal 4: same

meal 5 (before bed): 1 lb cottage cheese (60 g p)

i have other meals but these are the most cost efficient

that's over 300 protein and 160 carbs for under 20 a day.
    ummm 500g a day? how much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    ummm 500g a day? how much do you weigh?
    i dont want to hijack

i posted the diet/how much i weigh etc. in a thread a couple of days ago:

cheap easy EFFECTIVE mass diet

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    Isn't 79 grams of protein in one meal a little much? And are you having six eggs or 6 eggs whites with the first meal?

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy23 View Post
    Isn't 79 grams of protein in one meal a little much? And are you having six eggs or 6 eggs whites with the first meal?
    i really think 79 grams of protein in a meal being too much is a matter of opinion. i read in the arnold schwarzenegger biography that he used to eat an entire chicken for dinner every night when bulking. an entire chicken has 220 grams of protein. arnold looked pretty good. anabolic steroids increase protein synthesis (the more protein you eat the more muscle you will build). the more protein i eat the more weight i gain.

and yes i eat six eggs, not egg whites with the first meal. eggs have a perfect amino acid profile - it's the perfect protein. the best part of the egg is in the yolk.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    im in the same boat. stock up on tuna, oats, and peanuts from sams club. you could get by for under 80 bucks goin that route. rice is cheap, ground beef can be cheap depending on where ur from, frozen chicken, potatoes are cheap. bananas are cheap, mustard is cheap and really kills the taste of tuna.

Thread Information