the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

having some problems with my keto diet, anyone help?

ok first I will say what happened, 4 weeks on keto diet as of now, first 2 weeks i lost a shit load about 20lb or more, ok some was water and during the 2nd two week i got some fucked up shit going on with my girl so i didnt eat at all for a few days. Anyway during 3rd week i was alternating between 207lb am and 210lb pm so loss of water during the night, then the last week end i ate a little to much had a binge to be honest on ice cream on fri night carb up time but that was it, i mean i didnt eat shit loads and im sure i didnt put on 3lb, anyway this week stuck at 210 its wed now thats the 4th day of the diet for this week, I have been carbing up for 24hrs from fri night till sat night. This is my diet any critics or ideas welcome

7:45 4 Egg white 1 yolk
    25g of cheese

10:00 100g of tuna(water)
    2 1/2 tbsp mayo 27g

13:00 140g Chicken breast
    5 ml of olive oil
    15g Carb free mayo

15:15 100g of tuna(water)
    3 tbsp mayo 33g

17:00 140g Chicken breast
    5 ml of olive oil
    15g Carb free mayo

20:00- 4 Egg white 1 yolk
    10:00:00 25g of cheese

that gives totals of

TOTAL
    TOTAL PROTEIN 138g x 4 552/32.74%
    TOTAL FAT 126g x 9 1134/67.26%

TOTAL kals=1686

now first two weeks it was slightly different as in 200 more kals per day, i lowered it last week as i have been at a stand still since begining of last week, the only things different i have added to the diet are

sugar free jello
    nestea 1 carb per serving 1 or 2 per day
    some 0 carb garlic and herb spices to my chicken when i cook it

this all should leave my carb intake at less than 5g per day, so it should be working im a little baffled any ideas????????????

peace

anyone?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Probably need to up the calories but a great way to see if you are in Ketosis is to measure your Ketones. Very simple to do. Go down to the Walmart or local pharmacy isle and buy some KetoStix. Next time you take a leak you can do a test. Let us know if you are in. You should be - especially with under 2000 total calories per day, your body has very little chance to produce anything but Ketones.

Are you hitting the wall? Sometimes literally

cant get ketostix in thailand they are retarded when it comes to anything other than high sugar in everything, yes im hitting the wall lol, I started on 1900 kals and brought it down slowly, seeing if it was about my maintenance amount, droped to 208 this morning, still not sure what its about, will get some ketostix in uk at xmas for next year

peace

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    check out elite fitness, the diet board guru is mr. x. he is the man. he has a few stickies on the diet board where you can find all your answers. i believe you have to sign up at mesomorph.net and all his stuff is there. i am not trying to blow the guy, but he is on point with all his info.

Thread Information