marty6674 is offline Junior Member

take a look at my diet

i posted a picture a week ago and now put together a diet i need to lose alot of fat. Here is what i was thinking let me know what you think pick it apart and let me know what to add or take away thanks for all the help.

5am cardio/workout one body part

630am 4 hardboled eggs?\cup of oats

830am protien shake

1030am can of tuna/ 2 slices of wheat bread

1230pm 8oz chicken/brown rice/veggie

230pm protien shake

430pm lean meat and brown rice

630pm chicken brown rice veggies

i know it sounds real boring but the easier i make the diet the easier it is for me to stay on it. Should i workout one body part a day with my cardio or should i do a full body workout 2 times a week and as for the diet olease let me know what to add or take out like i said before im 34yrs old 6'2 250lbs i really cant call it a cutting diet more like lose fat diet lol. Thanks for all the help so far everyone has been great pl;ease let me know what you think

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by marty6674 View Post
    i posted a picture a week ago and now put together a diet i need to lose alot of fat. Here is what i was thinking let me know what you think pick it apart and let me know what to add or take away thanks for all the help.

5am cardio/workout one body part
    NEVER WORKOUT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH, it is extremely catabolic(burns muscle for energy, working out later in the day would be better, but do 30-40minutes of low intensity cardio on an empty stomach in the morning
    630am 4 hardboled eggs?\cup of oats
    6egg whites 2 egg yolks, 1/2cup dry measured oats, mix with water or skim milk
    830am protien shake
    cut the shake, how bout 8oz of chicken with some lentils or beans(around 50gpro and 40gcarbs per meal)
    1030am can of tuna/ 2 slices of wheat bread
    wheat bread is okay, but sweet potatos are better
    1230pm 8oz chicken/brown rice/veggie
    cut the rice and add red potatos, keep everything else
    230pm protien shake
    cut the shake, use one of the above meals
    430pm lean meat and brown rice
    cut the rice, add red potatos are some other carb source
    630pm chicken brown rice veggies
    if this is your last meal, cut the rice and add cottage cheese to get some trickle protein during the night

i know it sounds real boring but the easier i make the diet the easier it is for me to stay on it. Should i workout one body part a day with my cardio or should i do a full body workout 2 times a week and as for the diet olease let me know what to add or take out like i said before im 34yrs old 6'2 250lbs i really cant call it a cutting diet more like lose fat diet lol. Thanks for all the help so far everyone has been great pl;ease let me know what you think
    the best advice i can give you is to remove everything in your house that would cause you to cheat and keep the diet simple, notice that your protein sources are tuna, chicken, eggs and lean beef and your carb sources are sweet potatos, oatmeal and lentil, that's the base that you should always have around

here's a recipe for protein pancakes that will be a semi cheat but are really good for you

8 egg whites
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (or non-fat yogurt)
    1 cup dry measured oatmeal
    Cinnamon (optional)
    Splenda (optional)
    Pam

Mix it all in the blender for 20-30 seconds and pour into a pan.

when i made this it came out to these stats
    630cal
    59gpro
    59gcarb
    6gfat

and they taste amazing

as far as the working out, how experienced are you in the gym?

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post Phate

Diet is spot-on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Good post Phate

Diet is spot-on!
    glad you agree, it's nice to have someone double check my work so i can be sure i'm not getting sloppy

Godson is offline Associate Member
    cant eat tuna everyday, you know that right

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    cant eat tuna everyday, you know that right
    why not? are you gonna say mercury levels?

PHATE THANKS ALOT!! GREAT HELP as much for my workout experience id have to say not much at all should i do one body part a day or whole body 2 times a week? how may exercise per body part do i do light weight alot of reps since its been said to burn fat? Im not quite sure bout this so any help would be great. thanks again for puttin my diet in check that is a HUGE help

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Mercury levels is what i would say
    Last edited by Godson; 09-17-2008 at 04:39 PM.

stpete is offline Banned
    What about this mercury level stuff? I'm eating 2 cans a day.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Mercury levels is what i would say
    Unless you're pregnant or nursing, you'll be fine.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    i eat 4 a day

Quote Originally Posted by marty6674 View Post
    PHATE THANKS ALOT!! GREAT HELP as much for my workout experience id have to say not much at all should i do one body part a day or whole body 2 times a week? how may exercise per body part do i do light weight alot of reps since its been said to burn fat? Im not quite sure bout this so any help would be great. thanks again for puttin my diet in check that is a HUGE help
    i would do whole body 2-3 times per week and do very intense short workouts, they shouldn't be over an hour, in fact you can superset(work opposing muscle groups ie. biceps/triceps calves/traps chest/back quads/hams) to increase your heartrate and get you through quicker

the whole higher rep things doesn't work, it's been shown that heavier weight causes central nervous system breakdown which increases metabolism for up to 24 hours post workout, for you i would train in the 8-12 range on all your exercises for now

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Methyl mercury is the major source of organic mercury for all individuals.[19] It works its way up the food chain through bioaccumulation in the environment, reaching high concentrations among populations of some species. Larger species of fish, such as tuna or swordfish, are usually of greater concern than smaller species. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) advise women of child-bearing age, nursing mothers, and young children to completely avoid swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tilefish (golden bass), to limit consumption of albacore ("white") tuna to no more than 6 oz (170 g) per week, and of all other fish and shellfish to no more than 12 oz (340 g) per week.[20] However, there is no evidence that moderate consumption of fish in the U.S. poses a significant health hazard.[citation needed] A 2006 review of the risks and benefits of fish consumption found that for adults the benefits of one to two servings of fish per week outweigh the risks, even (except for a few fish species) for women of childbearing age, and that avoidance of fish consumption could result in significant excess coronary heart disease deaths and suboptimal neural development in children.[21]

thanks again phate so 8 to 12 reps how many diffrent excersises to you recomend for each body part and my other question was you told me not to lift on empty stomache cause i will break donw muscle and to do cardio on empty stomache for better fat loss so my question is if i only have time to workout in the morning how should i go about that because it prob be before my cardio workout whcich would be done on empty stomache not qutie sure to go about this should i do cardio every other day and just eat something on my workout morn before going to gym? i want to put wieghts into my training even though most my fat loss will come from the cardio that i wanna do 6 days a week i hope all this makes sense

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

Methyl mercury is the major source of organic mercury for all individuals.[19] It works its way up the food chain through bioaccumulation in the environment, reaching high concentrations among populations of some species. Larger species of fish, such as tuna or swordfish, are usually of greater concern than smaller species. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) advise women of child-bearing age, nursing mothers, and young children to completely avoid swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tilefish (golden bass), to limit consumption of albacore ("white") tuna to no more than 6 oz (170 g) per week, and of all other fish and shellfish to no more than 12 oz (340 g) per week.[20] However, there is no evidence that moderate consumption of fish in the U.S. poses a significant health hazard.[citation needed] A 2006 review of the risks and benefits of fish consumption found that for adults the benefits of one to two servings of fish per week outweigh the risks, even (except for a few fish species) for women of childbearing age, and that avoidance of fish consumption could result in significant excess coronary heart disease deaths and suboptimal neural development in children.[21]
    meh.. i could walk in front of a bus and die too.

Thread Information