Thread: Meal After PWO

tunedx is offline Junior Member

Meal After PWO

I know there is say a 15-30min window to consume your pwo meal. How much longer after that do u consume your next meal. I read in bodybuilding magazine that it is 45min - 60min. Is this true or should I wait 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I normally eat within the hour but for the fact that i am hungry not that i wait a specific time. If i am hungry right after my shake then ill eat.

If your cutting you might play it a little different.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    honestly, matters very little. i have my PWO when i get home from teh gym. then about 60-90 minutes later i'll eat my PWO meal.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    what if after our PWO shake its time for bed can i make my PWO meal my casien?

you can make it whatever you need it to be. people look into it WAAAAAY too much IMO.

go for some whey, some casein, a lil fat, and some kind of whole food carb source (potato).

also, if you want to look into some BCAA's, take about 5g before and 5g after your workout, that will help protein synthesis get on it's way.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    i just ordered some BCAA's and last night i had cup cottage cheese and like 4 strawberries for like 8 more grams of carbs a little skim milk splenda cinnamon in the blender added a little water. it tasted great and fit into my macro's

tunedx is offline Junior Member
    Thats the only issue with this forum u start over looking everything u do or eat.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
    Thats the only issue with this forum u start over looking everything u do or eat.
    Nooooo my friend thats the issue with those that are just starting to get into body building or at least live the lifestyle and are looking for the right approach. You over-analyze every teenie-tiny minute little detail. Its fine to listen to all the arguments and take advice from credible sources, but in the end you have to just try an approach and STICK WITH IT. And I dont mean try it for 2 weeks and say wtf this doesnt work and give up on it. Its takes time to get to know your body and to learn what does and does not work. Sure there are some absolutes when it comes to training and nutrition, but the majority of it is trial and error. All im really trying to say is your letting it overwhelm you, if you have spent a decent amount of time on here then you should know the basics, so now just apply them and start learning what WORKS FOR YOU.....Not flaming here, just a little friendly advice
    Last edited by abbot138; 09-19-2008 at 03:32 PM.

niceshotman is offline Junior Member
    here's what I do, but everyone is different. Immediately as soon as I get done my last set, I drink about a cup of gatorade that I spike with some beta alanine. it takes me 15 minutes to get home, and at that time, I take creatine, glutamine, waxy maize starch, and some powdered BCAA's (which are a bitch to take by the way). About 20 minutes after that, I have a whey protein shake, and then about 20 minutes after that, I eat some sort of protein, such as lean beef, etc. with some complex carbs. so i guess the short answer to your question is, that I take my PWO shake about 35 minutes after my WO, and I eat my food about an hour after my WO.

Thread Information