NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member

help with bulk diet please

Age: 23 weight: 195 Bodyfat: 12ish Training: 2yrs no cyle experience as of yet. Currently lifting 4 days a week

Hey everyone im needing some help in getting my clean bulk diet on track. Currently i have split my macros up using 40/40/20 method (using fitday.com) and attempted to seperate carbs and fat as much as possible (still not sure if this is the best way to go) but i guess i will find out hey

Meal 1
    2 scoop protein
    1.5 cup oats

cals 834, Fat 16.7, Carbs 95.5, prot 62.7

Meal 2 (PWO)
    2 scoop protein
    1.5 cup oats

Meal 3
    80z chicken breast
    1 cup basmati rice
    Green Vegies
    Cals 602, Fat 7g, Carb 78.7, Prot 51.4

Meal 4
    80z chicken breast
    1 cup basmati rice
    Green Vegies
    Cals 602, Fat 7g, Carb 78.7g, Prot 51.4g

Meal 5
    Tuna
    1 pkt Almonds or flax
    Salad

Cals 420, Fat 18g, Carb 1.9, Prot 61

Meal 6
    8 egg whites
    1.5 pkt Almods or flax
    1 scoop casein

Cals 533/ Fat 23.8/Carb 7.2/prot 39.8

Totals 3824 cals, 89.3g fat, 357.56 carb, 356.6g prot
    40/40/20

any help to get this bulk diet up to scratch would be much appreciated so please critique away. i am also using chromium picolonate with at least 2 or 3 of my higher carb meals and any recommendation of a suitable number of cardio sessions would also be much appreciated

Thanks NBRD

anyone with any helpful suggestions...? im sure there is plenty of bro's out there with excellent diet kowledge that could help me out please

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NBRD1808 View Post
    Age: 23 weight: 195 Bodyfat: 12ish Training: 2yrs no cyle experience as of yet. Currently lifting 4 days a week

Hey everyone im needing some help in getting my clean bulk diet on track. Currently i have split my macros up using 40/40/20 method (using fitday.com) and attempted to seperate carbs and fat as much as possible (still not sure if this is the best way to go) but i guess i will find out hey

Meal 1
    2 scoop protein I'd lose the protein powder and have a whole food, such as eggs (2 whole eggs and 6-8 whites). Also, I think your macro counts are wrong here. One serving (1/2 cup) of oats is 150 calories, 3g fat, 5g protein, 27g carbs, that means your protein powder as is would consist of 1.7g fat, 24.5g carbs, and 47.7g protein? Those numbers don't seem right (I realize you are doing 2 servings also)... What kind of protein are you taking?
    1.5 cup oats

Meal 2 (PWO)
    2 scoop protein
    1.5 cup oats Alot of people say you should have a fast digesting carb your PWO such as gatorade, white rice, honey, watermelon, etc... Personally, I'm indifferent on this one for now... Just food for thought...

Meal 3
    80z chicken breast
    1 cup basmati rice
    Green Vegies Add about 5-10 more grams of fat here... Almonds, salad dressing, coconut oil, etc.
    Cals 602, Fat 7g, Carb 78.7, Prot 51.4

Meal 4
    80z chicken breast
    1 cup basmati rice
    Green Vegies ....same as above....
    Cals 602, Fat 7g, Carb 78.7g, Prot 51.4g

Meal 5
    Tuna
    1 pkt Almonds or flax These have some carbs...although not many... Bump carbs up to around 40-50g here....
    Salad

Cals 420, Fat 18g, Carb 1.9, Prot 61

Meal 6
    8 egg whites
    1.5 pkt Almods or flax good...
    1 scoop casein

Cals 533/ Fat 23.8/Carb 7.2/prot 39.8

Totals 3824 cals, 89.3g fat, 357.56 carb, 356.6g prot
    40/40/20

any help to get this bulk diet up to scratch would be much appreciated so please critique away. i am also using chromium picolonate with at least 2 or 3 of my higher carb meals and any recommendation of a suitable number of cardio sessions would also be much appreciated

Thanks NBRD
    What's your height... I'm guessing arouund 5'11?

I'm currently bulking also and am 5'11'', 10.3% BF, and age 23 also. I've been seeing good results with a diet having totals aroung 450-500g carbs, 340-375g protein, and 70-85g fat. Overall your totals on protein and fat are good, but you need to up the carbs.

Good luck... Hope it helps!

Comments in Bold above...
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 09-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks fit4ever for your input much appreciated. Yeah you guessed right im 5'11. I think in meal one (oats and protein) i counted 1 serve of oats as consisting of 100grams in weight instead of recognising it as one serve being equal to a 1/2 cup (if that makes any sense) i have been using a dymnatize protein which has zero carbs in it.

I think i will substitute eggs and egg whites here, my quetstion is how much carbs would you suggest i have in this first meal?

Meal two i chose oats for the reason that they are slower digesting hoping it would help me stay a little leaner but i will also try substituting it for some dextrose or something and see how it goes

Meal 3 and 4 i will split 1 packet of almonds between them which should give me an extra 7g of fat in each meal

Meal 5 i will add in an appropriate amount of basmati rice or oats to give me an extra 40-50g of carbs

looks like we have similar stats only that my body fat is not a decent 10% like your haha but anyway thanks once again for your input i will repost this with the changes you suggested and good luck with your bulk. cheers man

bigt10 is offline Member
    looks good i am no pro but you seem like you got it down.

I might take the cals to 4000 or low 4000 range for your stats.

Your specs and your current stats are good you seem to know what you are doing.

Instead of having rice twice i would add another good carb ( sweet potato, red potato, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, etc)

I would also substitute some eggs for breakfast instead of protein powder.

protein powder is good but dont live by it. I learned the hard way variety in your diet is a good thing!

Goodluck!

Thanks for the input also Big10. With the aditional good fats in meals 3 and 4 plus the extra 40-50 grams of carbs in meal 5 i should be able to hit the 4000cal mark and with some cardio afew times a week hopefully keep the body fat from piling on. Eggs are going to be a definant for breakfast i think and i also like you suggestion of mixing up the carbs instead of going with rice all the time. Might check out a recipe for some sweet potato chips or something

thanks again
    NBRD

Thread Information