Mister Fister is offline New Member

New guy needs some help

I am 24 years old - 6'1" - 210Lbs I have been working our for about a year and definatly havnt seen the imporvents ive wanted. Now, i damn sure look better than i did when i was 235 but im still not satisfied. I havnt really gone up much with weights. I have been eating better but i still lose it on the weekends. I switched from eating 3 crappy meals a day to 5 decent meals, 2 of them BSN Syntha protein. I have stopped my diet for the holidays and gained 5Lbs. I am ready to get back in it but i think i need a new game plan. I do have some fat on me and would LOVE to say goodbye to it (mainly love handles). I have toned up, my boobs dont look like cones anymore and that was my main concern at the time. I now need to focus on weight lose and muscle gain. Can that even be done at the same time? Or is it better to lose my weight the gain muscle?

Here is my diet:

meal 1
    shreded wheat cereal with fat free milk and half a banana

Meal 2
    44g of BSN protein (2 scoops)

Meal 3
    Turkey sandwich on suger free whole wheat bread
    100 calarie sun chips
    8 baby carrots
    the other half of the banana

Meal 4 (post workout)
    44g of BSN protein (2 scoops)

Meal 5
    Grilled Chicken toped with salsa, 1 cup of frozen vegetables

I have seen improvements but not as much as i really want. As you can see my diet leans more toward the weight loss side than the weight gain side.
    I wanna lose my baby fat but wanna build at the same time
    My workouts are vigerous but i will go ahead and admit that i honestly never to cardio and i think thats where im getting beat.

Any help is much appreciated

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    first of all congrats on the changes youve nmade in your life and the progress. It is prob not realistic to think you can lose weight and build muscle to any degree. I recommend focusing on losing wieght and doing it in a way that u minimize muscle loss. Thats prob more realistic. First of all its essential that u balance out your meals...protein and carbs or protein and fats...and in good ratios. Id suggest you read the stickies and concentrate on cutting diet. As far as your diet let me put it this way i like meal 5 ..thats about all i like. Try doing 6 meals /day if possible and get protein and carbs in each meal. i personally would mind seeing you drop the carbs later in the day. I dunno there is so much that needs done to this diet id really say read the stickies and come up with a plan for yourself and post it and we can help tweak it. While im sure the diet above was an improvement for you,and kudo to you for making it, it is not adequate IMO to take you body to the level u desire.

Thread Information