INM
    INM is offline Associate Member

Question about cals per day

Okei, I've read the stickys.. and I'm trying to figure out how do my cutting diet. (Will start in november).

I figured out I might need about 350 grams of protein, 155 grams og carbs and 60grams of fat per day. I havent designed a diet yet, but these are the numbers I'm aiming for.

However I'm pretty clueless to how many calories I should be consuming per day?

I'm 21 y/o, don't know how much I weight but I'd guess its about 240 lbs.. so I was thinking would you think 2700 calories would do it? Roughly.. I know theres no such thing as the right amount of calories for everyone, instead you should just try it out for yourself and see whats best for you. Only thing is I've got no clue.. I mean, I don't know if 2700 would be enough, too much or to little..

Can you help me out here? Thanks in advance.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    how tall are you?

INM
    6'2 Adam.. you've been a big help tonight thanks for that man

Quote Originally Posted by INM View Post
    6'2 Adam.. you've been a big help tonight thanks for that man
    np man

so your stats are:

6'2"
    240 lbs
    21 years old

i came up with these numbers:

Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3552 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2552 to 3052 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to gain weight should be between: 3802 to 4052 calories (kcal)

Quote Originally Posted by INM View Post
    Okei, I've read the stickys.. and I'm trying to figure out how do my cutting diet. (Will start in november).

I figured out I might need about 350 grams of protein, 155 grams og carbs and 60grams of fat per day. I havent designed a diet yet, but these are the numbers I'm aiming for.

However I'm pretty clueless to how many calories I should be consuming per day?

I'm 21 y/o, don't know how much I weight but I'd guess its about 240 lbs.. so I was thinking would you think 2700 calories would do it? Roughly.. I know theres no such thing as the right amount of calories for everyone, instead you should just try it out for yourself and see whats best for you. Only thing is I've got no clue.. I mean, I don't know if 2700 would be enough, too much or to little..

Can you help me out here? Thanks in advance.
    thats about the right number to shoot for. the amount of protein you need on a daily basis will be of great debate on here. everyone has their own opinion. do some more research and map out a diet you might want to try, post it, and some people can break it down for you.

INM
    Big thanks to you, I'm going to be working on my cutting diet for the next couple of weeks and then I'll post it up here. Can't wait to start.

when you ready to post your diet , you can try here:

Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

nark and nova are great guys!

Thread Information