D.L. is offline Junior Member

Question Diet and strenght decrease...

I've been on my diet for 2 weeks now + 1 week before of calorie adjustment. I've taken ECA on this second week and I'm going to start on Clen preferrably next week...
    Until now I've lost around 5.5lbs, 2" off my waist and 1/5" off my arms...
    I've had some depressing strenght decrease this week: Today I failed on 720lbs leg presses on 4th rep (normally do 6-8 reps and I've NEVER failed on leg press before) and yesterday I was failing on bench with 90lbs dumbbells also on 4th rep where I normally do 6-8...
    I've never done this kind of low carb diet before so I just want to know if this is to be expected or am I losing to much muscle or is it just due to no energy when eating low carbs???

beenie is offline Senior Member

Re: Diet and strenght decrease...

Originally posted by D.L.
    I've been on my diet for 2 weeks now + 1 week before of calorie adjustment. I've taken ECA on this second week and I'm going to start on Clen preferrably next week...
    Until now I've lost around 5.5lbs, 2" off my waist and 1/5" off my arms...
    I've had some depressing strenght decrease this week: Today I failed on 720lbs leg presses on 4th rep (normally do 6-8 reps and I've NEVER failed on leg press before) and yesterday I was failing on bench with 90lbs dumbbells also on 4th rep where I normally do 6-8...
    I've never done this kind of low carb diet before so I just want to know if this is to be expected or am I losing to much muscle or is it just due to no energy when eating low carbs???
    I have never had a strength or energy loss, but then I have never pressed 720lbs. If you are low carbing there is no reason to count calories. You are not trying to restrict BOTH calories AND carbs, right?
    If you low carb, you should never be hungry, or the diet won't work.

The ECA stacks should give you more energy. Are you taking them 30 minutes before you work out?

Well I'm eating 2800 calories a day and that is kinda low for me I guess... (eating 4000 and up when bulking...)
    I've never heard anything about not restricting both carbs and cals and I never feel really hungry 'cos I'm eating 7 meals a day, so what are you suggesting??

About the ECA, I've found that to really get an energy kick I need to eat two of the ECA pills I currently use 30-60 mins before training (that's 50mg ephedrin i think) and I try not to eat too many 'cos then I can't fall asleep...

Anyone?? Should I change my diet??
    Is it nessecary to choose either low carb or low cal???

Originally posted by D.L.
    Well I'm eating 2800 calories a day and that is kinda low for me I guess... (eating 4000 and up when bulking...)
    I've never heard anything about not restricting both carbs and cals and I never feel really hungry 'cos I'm eating 7 meals a day, so what are you suggesting??

About the ECA, I've found that to really get an energy kick I need to eat two of the ECA pills I currently use 30-60 mins before training (that's 50mg ephedrin i think) and I try not to eat too many 'cos then I can't fall asleep...
    Personally I suspect that any energy problem you are experiencing is more closely tied to your lack of calories rather than your lack of carbs- You are hungry. If you don't eat enogh, it stands to reason you will not have enough energy. My advice is to eat when you are hungry, don't when you are not, and avoid carbs all the time. Try it and see how it goes.

50 MG of ephidrine is a pretty big shot. Are you stacking it with caffine. ECA usually is 25MG ephidrive 200MG caffice and 325 mg asprin.

50 MG of ephidrine is a pretty big shot. Are you stacking it with caffine. ECA usually is 25MG ephidrive 200MG caffice and 325 mg asprin.
    The pills I've got is made with ephedra (8% ephedrine), and it makes 25mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine per pill, I don't know how much aspirin they hold but they're probably as you described...
    I'll get some clen very soon, so I'm a little excited to see if they work better...

thanks for your advice bro!

My experience has been much better with ephedrine than it has with ephedra. I know your body is SUPPOSED to convert the ephedra to ephedrine, but somehow I never really get the same kick out of the unsynthesized product.

I have had really good success with clen in the past but I look it as being an extension of one to the other. What I mean is that if you take either clen or eca continuosly, they lose thier effectiveness. I have had the best results by doing two weeks eca, 2 weeks clen, next two weeks eca, then two weeks clen, and keep repeating until you reach your goal.

I will make one more apeal to you to dump the ehedra, and get ephedrine. Its a little harder to find but its out there.

Thread Information