saboudian is offline Senior Member

Getting teeth pulled, how can i keep up caloric intake?

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed in about a month, and i won't be able to chew for 5 days. I'm a little scared that i won't be able to keep up my caloric intake and lose some mass, probably a decent chunk of muscle too. What suggestions do u have to get through this period with losing as little mass as possible?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You'll be fine. There a plenty of liquid drinks out there to get you past the first few days... after that you will just be eating a little crooked.

Five days of a liquid diet will not cause any atrophy if that is your primary concern. And it would be a good time to take a few days out of the gym for rest while your body heals itself. And then return to the gym acting like a caged animal.

BTW, Myoplex is my favorite tasting MRP and is good as a MEAL replacement with the high level of Casein (slow release with a high BV) in addition to some Whey protein and other good stuff.

thanx for the advice, i'm actually getting em pulled the first week of my xmas break, which kills me that i can't workout because thats a great time to catch up on my workouts, but that'll just make my workouts more intense when i return

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    get a blender. hint the raisan bran crunch commercial where the dude had his jaw wired shut. good luck

thats what i was thinking. remember that arnold movie, i think it was end of days, where arnold just throws some old pizza, some beer, and some other shit all in the blender. Yeah i'm thinking that the blender is gonna be my best friend for that week

Yuck!

Originally posted by saboudian
    thats what i was thinking. remember that arnold movie, i think it was end of days, where arnold just throws some old pizza, some beer, and some other shit all in the blender.
    That scene forever put a stain in my image of Arnold - I was soooo pissed they had Conan eating shit like that! Mr. Olympia, the dude that killed Predator, the Running Man,... errrrr...

Thread Information