richtries is offline Associate Member

All i hear is "moan, moan, moan" from my argie girl . . .

Subject matter details:
    Age 22
    Height 156cm
    Weight 54 kilos
    Bodyfat guessing around 20%

Now I donīt think this cutting diet is that strict at all, please give suggestions how i could tighten it up a bit. Problem is she wants instant results from eating takeaways and chocolate, women hey! Her goal is to drop some weight and burn fat, i designed this diet to increase her protein intake and give her metabolism a kick start and improve her metabolic rate at rest. May not be the best diet, but compared to what she was eating before well . . .

10:00am Meal 1
    Bowl of oat based cereal with semi skimmed milk
    One piece of wholemeal toast with two scrambled eggs (one yolk)
    Coffee with milk/sweetner
    carbs;36g, protein;20g, fat;10g

12:30pm Workout
    optimum rep range for a female to burn fat?

2:00pm Meal 2
    Lean beef steak with sweet potatoes/broccolli and gravy
    carbs;15g, protein;30g, fat;6g

5:00pm Meal 3
    Bowl of lean steak mince cooked with olive oil/garlic/onions/peppers/mushrooms/oregano/tomato pure
    carbs;0g, protein;21g, fat;10g

8:00pm Meal 4
    Tuna salad with boiled egg/rocket/onions/tomatoes/parmesan cheese/olive oil/vinegar/salt
    carbs;0g, protein;17g, fat;5g

2 litres of water per day

I calculate the daily macroīs to be 51g carbs, 88g protein and 31g fat, i didnīt include for the veggies/salad as i thought these would be insignificant, maybe iīm wrong about that? I calculated her calorie intake to be 1080Kcal per day, this is 900 below her maintenance target, by my reckoning this should be sufficient to burn fat . . .

I know thats probably not enough meals, but its only been two weeks and she is already bored of food, i have a protein shake on order which i will get her to drink post workout, plus i am trying to squeeze in a snack somewhere of fruit and nuts. On weekends (non-workout days) i have been substituting the sweet potatoes for more greens.

She thinks its too much meat and protein and she is gonna bulk up, i have told her this is nonsense but she doesnīt believe me. Bottom line is i donīt think she trusts me (she might have good reason depending on your reponses ha) and some reassurance from you guys is probably just the ticket, hopefully that weīll stop the moaning anyway.

Also, instead of a cheat meal she is trying to twist my arm into 8 squares of chocolate per week, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

bump

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    First of all she won't bulk up from that much protein. In fact I would bump up the carbs as well as the protein to make her daily calories closer to 1300 - 1350 calories. 500 - 600below maintenence is a healthier way to cut.
    If she's happy with 8 squares of chocolate per week and you fit it into her daily macros it would not be a hinderance to her cut.
    The most popular misconception and the downfall to so many dieters is that results happen instantly. If people don't see results in a week, they generally lose interest in their diet, begin slacking off, and pretty soon go back to eating exactly how they were in the first place.
    Give this diet a strict try for 3 weeks and you'll definately see results. It's a change of lifestyle, and often difficult to get used to. But as time goes on, you won't even want to eat unhealthy anymore. I used to eat fast food at least 3 times per week. I haven't in about 8 months or so, and I don't even crave it anymore.
    My wife was worried about getting big bulky muscles too, but that's just not the way it is for women. Keep up the cardio, and you'll define the muscles you have and get a nice lean look.

Best of luck, keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    First of all she won't bulk up from that much protein. In fact I would bump up the carbs as well as the protein to make her daily calories closer to 1300 - 1350 calories. 500 - 600below maintenence is a healthier way to cut.
    If she's happy with 8 squares of chocolate per week and you fit it into her daily macros it would not be a hinderance to her cut.
    The most popular misconception and the downfall to so many dieters is that results happen instantly. If people don't see results in a week, they generally lose interest in their diet, begin slacking off, and pretty soon go back to eating exactly how they were in the first place.
    Give this diet a strict try for 3 weeks and you'll definately see results. It's a change of lifestyle, and often difficult to get used to. But as time goes on, you won't even want to eat unhealthy anymore. I used to eat fast food at least 3 times per week. I haven't in about 8 months or so, and I don't even crave it anymore.
    My wife was worried about getting big bulky muscles too, but that's just not the way it is for women. Keep up the cardio, and you'll define the muscles you have and get a nice lean look.

Best of luck, keep us posted!
    Thanks for your comments Rugger, just what i needed her to hear, especially the chocolate agreement, thats when she piped up. Willl try to increase carb/protein intake aswell.

I totally agree when you say its a change of lifestyle . . . i just dont enjoy crap food as much anymore, even if it tastes awesome. Like the other day i decided to go for a cheat meal (burger king) but on the way home i remembered the fridge was stocked with lean meat, just thought what a waste of a fiver. I get a sense of achievement each day when i look back at a good healthy days eating . . . bit sad probably.

Anyone elses comments on the diet?

bump

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Age 22
    Height 156cm
    Weight 54 kilos
    Bodyfat guessing around 20%

10:00am Meal 1
    1 cup of oat based cereal with skimm milk
    3 egg whites/1 yolk scrammbled
    Coffee (no milk, no sweetner) or use non-dairy creamer and Splenda)

12:30pm Workout
    optimum rep range for a female to burn fat?

2:00pm Meal 2
    4oz lean red meat
    4oz sweet potatoe
    large salad with oil vinegarette dressing
    1 cup veggies

5:00pm Meal 3
    4oz chicken breast mixed with
    2 cups spring mix salad
    1/4 walnuts
    oil/vinegarette dressing

8:00pm Meal 4
    1 can tuna
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1 hard boiled egg chopped
    1 spoon fat free mayo
    (mix all ingredients and serve over bed of lettuce)

2 litres of water per day

Just a quick adjustments....this diet can even be improved but seeing I'm 2 days out from my show my brain isn't working to well.

Cheers Big Texan, good luck in the show.

Thread Information