J431S is offline Banned

how do u estimate calories in a mea/

got a quick question, how do u estimate the number of calories in every meal u eat? say a flat piece of steak or chicken breast with bean and the potatoes on the side, a glass of milk and two big cookies? how many calories is that?

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    lol, this sounds like a joke.
    I use
    http://www.calorieking.com

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by J431S View Post
    got a quick question, how do u estimate the number of calories in every meal u eat? say a flat piece of steak or chicken breast with bean and the potatoes on the side, a glass of milk and two big cookies? how many calories is that?
    well 4 oz is about the size of your palm depending on hand size, estimate how many ounces the milk is and you shouldn't be eating the cookies

best way is the weigh out foods that you regularly eat so you know what 4oz, 8oz 16oz etc looks like for different foods, eventually you'll be able to tell

J431S is offline Banned
    cardiogan, thanks for the link; but how would u summarize the idea

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    well 4 oz is about the size of your palm depending on hand size, estimate how many ounces the milk is and you shouldn't be eating the cookies

best way is the weigh out foods that you regularly eat so you know what 4oz, 8oz 16oz etc looks like for different foods, eventually you'll be able to tell

ok weigh the food then what?

ok weigh the food then what?
    then eat it, lol, i mean by weighing out something, lets say chicken, weight out 8oz and look at it and memorize what 8 oz of chicken looks like, most steak, beef, turkey, fish etc for meats will look around the same size, so if you know what 8oz looks like then you can estimate when you don't have to time to weigh it out or you are eating out somewhere

J431S is offline Banned
    ok say I had a flat piece of steak that weight 1/3 Ibs, how do i determine or estimate the number of calories in that steak???

ok say I had a flat piece of steak that weight 1/3 Ibs, how do i determine or estimate the number of calories in that steak???
    that can get tricky, first you need to know what type of steak it is and from that you can figure out the fat content, or you can try to guess it by how lean the steak looks and tastes, best way is to ask, where are you getting the steak from?

J431S is offline Banned
    why don't u cut all that bullshit and go to the point ....or simply say "my friends" i don't know the honest answer to your question, and save yourself and myself time from ingenuine feedbacks.

why don't u cut all that bullshit and go to the point ....or simply say "my friends" i don't know the honest answer to your question, and save yourself and myself time from ingenuine feedbacks.
    whatever you say bro, but how bout trying to figure the calories in the piece of chicken i'm about to eat, it's flat and weight 1/4 pound

you can't without more info, like the fat content, if it's baked or fried, if it is grilled was the fat drained or not

there are alot of factors here, i'm trying to take you through step by step but oh well

J431S is offline Banned

Here is an interesting chart

dg101 is offline Junior Member
    Im not too sure what that chart has anything to do with this question, nor do i know why you are coming at Phate's neck like that either. He's trying to help and what he is saying makes sense. Anyway, it's easy to at least estimate the calories in food. Weigh it. Then go to a website that estimates caloric content for that particular type of food. An example:

1. So, say we have 1/3 pound (which isn't a real measurement, btw, as food is generally measured in grams or ounces)

2. Go to http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/calories/calories.html

3. I assume you mean beef steak, so find it on the list of foods

4. I will also assume that it is boneless, cooked, and lean only eaten which will give you a total of 299 calories, 12g Fat, and 45g Protein.

And there you have it. Try to be a little more diplomatic and answers will come more readily.

DG.

is this chart your diet or just something you found

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    If you plan on counting calories then you might as well do it right and know what you are consuming.

If you want to estimate, it will be rough as hell estimate.

Why don't you invest in food scale, read nutrition facts then based on macros do a little math and you will have your calories.

1g protein - 4 cal
    1g carbs - 4 cal
    1g fat - 9 cal

4oz meat - about 22g protein

MalibuD is offline Associate Member
    I have a scale that I just enter a code in a book they give you for each item and when you weigh it, it gives you all the nutritional facts like calories, fat, protien etc... It might not be dead nuts on but it is close enough for my needs. Ive compared it to the websites and its pretty damb close.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    First off don't cause drama and berate other members on here especially guys like Phate, who are taking time out of their day to help you out... the question you're asking is not a simple answer because steak comes from multiple sources and is cooked in so many different ways... most of us use a scale and look up the nutrition data online and either write it down or memorize it for the foods we commonly eat... I personally go as far as to take my food scale with me to restaurants and weigh out the proper amounts of food to make sure I get what I need...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

sizerp is offline Banned
    is this chart your diet or just something you found
    LOL! Dude, that is a bulking diet I put together months ago. Don't go my numbers, they could be off... but they aren't. Seriously, where you goin with this thread? Calories can differ depending on where you buy/prepare your food. There's no concrete answer. I did research and looked at the labels for my own foods when putting together that chart.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Besides that diet is kinda protein heavy. I substitute about 100g of protein and put that into carbs regularly. If not more.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Oh and for the record, T-bomb II sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    LOL! Dude, that is a bulking diet I put together months ago. Don't go my numbers, they could be off... but they aren't. Seriously, where you goin with this thread? Calories can differ depending on where you buy/prepare your food. There's no concrete answer. I did research and looked at the labels for my own foods when putting together that chart.

i thought this was directed to me the first time i read it

sizerp is offline Banned
    [/B]
    i thought this was directed to me the first time i read it
    Haha, my bad. Yeah I made it sound confusing. Not towards you at all, but towards the original poster.

Thread Information