thisizbrian is offline New Member

bulking diet help

Hello,

I want to dial in my diet and nutrition and get it on track before i even attempt to try juice. I am hoping for some advice in setting up a diet plan.

I am 6 ft tall 165 lbs and am 25 yrs old. My BF% is 6. i have always had a fast metabolism.

right now i was told i was drinking too many of my meals via musclemilk.

here is what I have been trying for the past couple months:

wake up and have 2-3 eggs and a potato.

next meal is a muscle milk shake roughly 2hrs after breakfast

than i eat lunch which is usually a tuna sandwich and a can of chunky soup or some chicken breast and a spinach salad or spaghetti and a chicken breast.

than i have another shake and maybe a muscle milk bar.

for dinner i try and have steak or fish. with vegetables and rice. lately i have been eating stir fry with mixed greens and steak/chicken combo. and some spanish rice or whatever flavor on the side.

my last meal is a musclemilk shake and some cottage cheese before bed. sometimes a PBJ sandwich.

I guess the hardest part for me is to actually have an appetite for all the food.

Also, it gets so bland and i have no creativity when cooking so that doesnt help.

I kind of have a wierd schedule as i work nights. so i get home from work at 630am and go to the gym at 7 am. My job allows me to eat whatever i can bring in so its not an issue. i get home from the gym and have breakfast than go to sleep.

I would appreciate any help at all. i want to gain about 15 to 20 lbs.

Thanks.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thisizbrian View Post
    I guess the hardest part for me is to actually have an appetite for all the food.

Also, it gets so bland and i have no creativity when cooking so that doesnt help.
    You'll get used to stuffing your face, when your metabolism increases.
    Take a look at the Bulking stickies here, and also this thread.
    Bulk Diet Please Advise
    It's not the best diet, but it will give an idea of what you'll be looking for. Bland food is boring yeah, but it's the best fuel because it's clean and you'll feel much better after eating it, and then always want to eat it. That's how I feel at least. Eat more CARBS!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are still drinking to many shakes, Your breakfast is not enough for a small child. Try eating 2-3 eggs with 4-5 egg whites, a bowl of oatmeal and maye a table spoon of flax seed oil. You have to eat mroe real food to get bigger. Try eating chicken breasts 2-3 times every day. Also you ned casein protein right before bed. Your whole diet needs to be re-vamped.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    You are still drinking to many shakes, Your breakfast is not enough for a small child. Try eating 2-3 eggs with 4-5 egg whites, a bowl of oatmeal and maye a table spoon of flax seed oil. You have to eat mroe real food to get bigger. Try eating chicken breasts 2-3 times every day. Also you ned casein protein right before bed. Your whole diet needs to be re-vamped.
    thats why im here. i am clay ready for molding :-)

ok tomorrow i will do oatmeal (1 cup?), and i will boil some eggs tonight and do 8 eggs (5 whites 3 whole) and i will grab some flax seed oil.

for my next meal 2-3 hrs later, what should i be looking to eat a lot of? more protein or carbs or both or does it matter?

thanks for all the input.

Brian

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For bulking you cant really eat too much so remember that, at times eating will seem like work but it must be done, eat to get big not because you are hungry, in general if you are feeling hungry you have often waited to long to eat. Chicken breasts/sweat potatoe or chicken breasts/salad or vegies are good meals also lean ground beef is good too, really just try and eat alot of meat, tuna is good too though it has only protein really so it needs to be mixed with something else. I am no guru on diets but I do know what works for me so keep reading and you will get your diet worked out.

after breakfast of 8 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal, what should my next meal 2.5 hrs later be?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    imo, i try to keep all my meals throughout the day at about the same calorie and macro nutrient content (i.e. 600-650 calories, 50-60g protein, 65-80 g carbs, 12-18g fat)... as far as your meals following breakfast, i'd do something like 8 oz. chicken, 1 oz. almonds or a tbs. olive oil, and either 250g sweet potato or 1 cup oatmeal and 50g sweet potato...

like redz said, it's going to be like a job to eat this much, but if your metabolism is as high as you make it sound, it has to be done. Don't be surprised if you feel bloated most of the day. Your body will adjust after a couple weeks and you will start feeling hungry off this amount of food...

OK I have beed readin a ton and have been coming up with a good meal plan. Here is what I have right now.

Big tub of oatmeal, 60 eggs, some granola bars, cottage cheese.

6 lbs of fresh salmon

7 lbs of top sirloin beef

3 lbs of chicken breast

2 whole chickens cooked via rotisserie

2 boxes of boil in the bag whole grain rice

2 bags of chicken stir fry thats frozen

frozen mashed potatos

brocoli floweretes

bag of apples

so, I just want to know the best times to eat what for the best results.

is there anything i need to add supplement wise?

thanks for your input.
    Last edited by thisizbrian; 10-28-2008 at 03:57 PM.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I want to see a pic of you @ 6% body fat or was that just a guess

Thread Information