richtries is offline Associate Member

to eat or not to eat . . .

On a cutting regime if you find youself in a situation where you havent eaten for 3 hours and you can only access crap pertrol garage food, is it best to eat unhealthy or not eat at all??

Also what are peoples views on fruit as a feature of a cutting diet, yay or nay? And if yay, when and what is best?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Grab some beef jerkey if you have too.

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    Note: Im no expert. People say that fruits should be avoided because they refill glycogen in the liver not muscles, so it's of little benefit.
    Also, they are high in fructose, a type of sugar.
    However, if your goal is maintenance or health, I think the antioxidants and the nutrients it contains is quite vital.

And if I know im going to be in a bad sitaution be it one whole day or one meal, I bring my snack case (kinda of a small cooler) and I pack my meals.
    You can do great shakes (cookies and cream optimum) plus some oatmeal and you got yourself a meal.
    Canned chicken you can make with hot sauce some spinach, heat it up in a microwave and youre good to go. No need for the microwave though.

Beef jerky is high in sodium so watch out.
    Again, Im no expert but I do know this: One day aint gonna kill ya.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Beef jerky is high in sodium so watch out.
    I agree but its better than eating pretty much anything else a gas station store is selling.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    IMO cuttin' or not, i'd rather gain 100 grams of fat eating shit food, than depleting and losing 5 grams of muscle that I busted my ass for.
    And at the end the more muscle you have the easier it is to burn through those bad cals. so grub on anything, just don't let your body strive for cals or your muscles are going to sound like a great meal to your starving body.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richtries View Post
    On a cutting regime if you find youself in a situation where you havent eaten for 3 hours and you can only access crap pertrol garage food, is it best to eat unhealthy or not eat at all??

Also what are peoples views on fruit as a feature of a cutting diet, yay or nay? And if yay, when and what is best?
    there are so many 7-11's around now a days im sure you can find some food that is decent. plus a lot 7-11 clones as well with better food choices. so search around and see what you can find that will hold you over till the next clean meal.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    IMO cuttin' or not, i'd rather gain 100 grams of fat eating shit food, than depleting and losing 5 grams of muscle that I busted my ass for.
    And at the end the more muscle you have the easier it is to burn through those bad cals. so grub on anything, just don't let your body strive for cals or your muscles are going to sound like a great meal to your starving body.

I agree
    Be smart and try and grab something that doesnt have to much crap in it, or just grab something like a MRP bar, I normally keep MRP bars in my backpack just incase, I never use them, but I have them if needed.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    calories are better than no calories...but that's why you always prepare. I never and I mean never leave my house without my cooler of food.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Never miss out on calories! Why waste your hard earned muscle?

richtries is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    great way to put it . . . r save my muscle for emergencies in future then.

i´m in argentina and all they seem to sell in the kiosks is wine, cigs and dry bread, r keep my open for beef jerky. Is fruit a no-go cutting then?

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    I've been wondering...despite the fact that it is stored in the liver,
    shouldn't we all intake fruits for vitamins and health?

Practically no one on a cut diet has fruits in this forum, yet ironically some include dextrose in their regimen (a sugar!)
    I do oats, cuz sugar on a cut for me is a no no.

But not nature's sugar? Isn't it to be a staple?

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Living in Asia i always have this problem, if you move away from any larger city your stuffed as far as food goes (can't even get milk)

I have gotten into the habbit of always having tins of tuna, little packets of peanut butter, oats, and protein always in the car at all times. I eat every 2 hours so its quite a big stock...

worst comes to worst mate EAT, a day of shit won't make that much difference, but you will feel that crap going through your body..... well i do anyway

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    whats wrong with nuts/deli meat/bagel or beef jerky?
    too much sodium? i really only see this playing a negative effect if one is several wks out from a comp. otherwise not a huge deal, just chug a water after.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiodan View Post
    I've been wondering...despite the fact that it is stored in the liver,
    shouldn't we all intake fruits for vitamins and health?

Practically no one on a cut diet has fruits in this forum, yet ironically some include dextrose in their regimen (a sugar!)
    I do oats, cuz sugar on a cut for me is a no no.

But not nature's sugar? Isn't it to be a staple?
    While cutting, I usually have 2-3 pieces of fruit per day (apples, berries, grapefruit)

Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    whats wrong with nuts/deli meat/bagel or beef jerky?
    too much sodium? i really only see this playing a negative effect if one is several wks out from a comp. otherwise not a huge deal, just chug a water after.
    I agree as well... If you're hitting the cardio hard, you will likely sweat most of it out as well as long as you are properly hydrated

Thread Information