SuperLift is offline Senior Member

Dextrose and Table sugar

I know why most people take in so much dextrose after a workout... To spike their insulin levels. And I know it's a corn sugar but my question is.. What is the difference between dextrose and regular table sugar?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I think, not 100% on this, plain table sugar is sucrose. Sucrose is a disaccharide, a combination of 2 simpler sugars, glucose (same thing as dextrose) and fructose.

Making, table sugar more complex, so it doesn't break down/absorb as quick as dextrose

I hate dextrose though. There is no need to take in that much sugar ever...All it gave me was a ****ing bloat

I'm taking about 70g pwo and I must sat that I don't really like all that sugar but I'm broke and can't afford much else.. Anything else out there for close to the same price?

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLift View Post
    I'm taking about 70g pwo and I must sat that I don't really like all that sugar but I'm broke and can't afford much else.. Anything else out there for close to the same price?
    Oats.....

I buy them in 1kg boxes, its pretty cheap and a good source of carbs. I dont have any sugar in my diet at all now and i am looking and feeling alot better!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought oats were a slow digesting carb. I do eat a lot of them just never pwo. Might try it though.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^

No you are right, oats are slow digesting. I use to be hooked on high GI carbs PWO basicaly because thats what almost everyone does but after changing my diet (thanks Nark & Nova) and switching to slow digesting carbs in all meals including my PWO shake i dont get any shity bloat and sugar crash like i used to. Also i feel better throughout the whole day because my energy levels are more consistant/stable and i feel that i look alot better too since dropping the dex for oats
    Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 11-13-2008 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks for the input, I think I will give that a try!

Thread Information