Rugbyboy8 is offline Junior Member

New Diet whilst on Hydroxycut

I am 6"4 - 240lbs at about 19% bf

Am looking at running my first cycle but have taken the advice of alot of people to cut my bf first and get a good diet under my belt as well which hopefull i have done below

7am – protein shake on the train – (unsure whether to chuck some slow release carbs in this as well?) - please advise??

9am – Porridge and fruit

11am – 2 tins of tuna on wholemeal bread, no butter

12.30pm – Workout

1.30pm – PWO shake – 300 kcals, 24g protein, 50g high glycemic carbs, 1g fat

2pm – 2 chicken breasts, half a plate of veggies, baked potato

5pm – Protein Shake

8pm – meat or fish with veggies and rice/potato/pasta or chicken stir fry

This should kick out about 3000 cals and i believe my maintenance is about 3,300?

Thanks in advance for any help - by the way i know that i should be getting my cals from meals rather than shakes but my boss is a mini hitler and hates me eating at my desk so i can just about get away with the tuna on toast at 11am

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    im assuming you wake up at 6 or 630 am, and it looks like ur first real good is eaten at 9 am. that is terrible. you need to chug 20 grams of whey protein upon wakening, and eat a banana (medium digesting carb). then you can eat ur porridge, and a source of meaty protein (cans of tuna are the easiest). you need to be eating meals at work so explain to your boss that you were just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and have to eat often to maintain healthy blood sugar levels or something. he won't be aloud to tell you "no."

Godson is offline Associate Member
    cant eat tuna everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    cant eat tuna everyday
    why not? ive eaten 2 cans a day almost every day for the past 2 years.

it's a fact that there is high amounts of mercury in tuna, its not a myth

by the way 2 cans a day for 2 years? tuna is so expensive, how can you even afford that.. 4 cans of tuna is 7 dollars, that means you're spending 14 dollars every 2 days which

equals 224 bucks a month..so unless you're extremely rich, i doubt you're eating 2 cans of tuna every day for the past two years, what is up with these extreme exaggerations.. people claiming they eat 52 eggs in a day, 2 cans of tuna a day not even possible

mustang331 is offline Member

by the way 2 cans a day for 2 years? tuna is so expensive, how can you even afford that.. 4 cans of tuna is 7 dollars, that means you're spending 14 dollars every 2 days which

equals 224 bucks a month..so unless you're extremely rich, i doubt you're eating 2 cans of tuna every day for the past two years, what is up with these extreme exaggerations.. people claiming they eat 52 eggs in a day, 2 cans of tuna a day not even possible
    Ummm WHAT?!?!?? Are you joking??

First off eating healthy and a lot is not cheap, secondly Tuna is not that expensive and finally there is nothing wrong with eating 2 cans of tuna a day.. There is Mercury in Tuna, yes, but you need to eat a lot more than 2 cans a day to ever get poisoning

And also with your figures 2 cans a day is only 7 dollars, remember he is eating 2 cans a day and you get 4 cans in each package
    Last edited by mustang331; 11-20-2008 at 01:21 PM.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    7am – protein shake on the train – (unsure whether to chuck some slow release carbs in this as well?) - please advise??
    Throw a scoop of natural peanut butter in there.

9am – Porridge and fruit
    No Eggs? Sausage? Bacon? Some nuts? Olive oil? Cottage Cheese? Full fat plain yogurt?

11am – 2 tins of tuna on wholemeal bread, no butter
    Get rid of the bread. Eat a can of Tuna with some olive oil

1.30pm – PWO shake – 300 kcals, 24g protein, 50g high glycemic carbs, 1g fat
    Skip on the carbs

2pm – 2 chicken breasts, half a plate of veggies, baked potato
    No potato

5pm – Protein Shake
    Thats works if it will hold you over.

8pm – meat or fish with veggies and rice/potato/pasta or chicken stir fry
    Cut out rice/potato/pasta

For losing weight eating those carbs/starchs/sugars will ruin any potential gains from your workout. Implement that stuff in when you start your cycle.
    Last edited by IM708; 11-21-2008 at 07:10 AM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by mustang331 View Post
    Ummm WHAT?!?!?? Are you joking??

First off eating healthy and a lot is not cheap, secondly Tuna is not that expensive and finally there is nothing wrong with eating 2 cans of tuna a day.. There is Mercury in Tuna, yes, but you need to eat a lot more than 2 cans a day to ever get poisoning

And also with your figures 2 cans a day is only 7 dollars, remember he is eating 2 cans a day and you get 4 cans in each package
    every 2 days , he eats 4 cans of tuna
    so sorry my math was wrong its actually 112 dollars a month just for tuna and thats it.. just tuna, thats ridiculous

and 4 cans of tuna cost 7 dollars and that is underestimating,
    it is that expensive

A January 2008 report conducted by the New York Times has found potentially dangerous levels of mercury in certain varieties of tuna, reporting levels "so high that the Food and Drug Administration could take legal action to remove the fish from the market - Wikipedia.org

yea im sure its just a myth and everybody is lying about the levels of mercury in tuna, and by the way

" you need to eat more than 2 cans a day to reach that level" as you mentioned

i would love to know where you found that information, cause im sure you made it up, recommending to eat 2 days of tuna a day in this forum is dumb and people will actually listen thats why i made this post.. yes mercury is in tuna, and yes it is dangerous and 2 cans a day will get you there
    Last edited by Godson; 11-21-2008 at 04:42 AM.

just in case you're wondering what mercury can do to you ,

here's a quick example

"In America one-in-six children born every year have been exposed to mercury levels so high that they are potentially at risk for learning disabilities and motor skill impairment and short-term memory loss. That type of mercury exposure is caused by eating certain kinds of fish, which contain high levels of the toxin such as tuna"

http://www.pbs.org/now/science/mercuryinfish.html

im sure this is a myth too, keep eating 2 cans a day

dg101 is offline Junior Member
    I dont know where everyone buys tuna at, but i grab mine from a bulk food store and get 12 cans of chunk light for 9.99. I don't think thats too bad of a deal.

i don't know where you buy your tuna from, but in dallas it is .62 cents a can, and in san diego it is $1.00 a can. it is not an extreme exaggeration, and i think you should apologize for your assertion that i am lying.

importeater91 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    i don't know where you buy your tuna from, but in dallas it is .62 cents a can, and in san diego it is $1.00 a can. it is not an extreme exaggeration, and i think you should apologize for your assertion that i am lying.
    yeah here its only $1.00 hes getting riped off...like someone else mentioned its even cheaper from the bulk food stores...im also on the coast..maybe its more expensive far inland?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    Throw a scoop of natural peanut butter in there.

No Eggs? Sausage? Bacon? Some nuts? Olive oil? Cottage Cheese? Full fat plain yogurt?

Get rid of the bread. Eat a can of Tuna with some olive oil

Skip on the carbs

No potato

Thats works if it will hold you over.

Cut out rice/potato/pasta

For losing weight eating those carbs/starchs/sugars will ruin any potential gains from your workout. Implement that stuff in when you start your cycle.
    please explain to me how carbs will ruin any gains from your workout, i can't wait to hear this

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    im eating 2 cans of tuna a day or more. everything you eat has whats deemed acceptable levels of some type of toxin or filth. milk has acceptable levels of pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and what not. lot of foods you buy have acceptable levels of animal waste or roach parts in it. so dont think whatever your eating is any better than eating tuna.

fyi, walmart sells cans of tuna for $.56 each.... 1 dollar cans are normally albacore tuna. so some might be getting that confused with the cheaper stuff.

found some info for you..

FDA Guidelines on Maximum Level of "Impurities" in Food

(source: Larry Laudan, Danger Ahead [1997]:88)

Brussel sprouts 10 aphids Per ounce

Shelled peanuts 1 insect Per 5 pounds

Golden raisins 4 fly eggs Per ounce

Tomato juice 3 fly eggs Per ounce

Whole peppercorns Mammalian excreta 1 per cent

Popcorn 2 rodent hairs Per pound

Fig paste 4 insect heads Per ounce

Peanut butter 9 insect fragments Per ounce

Canned mushrooms 5 maggots Per ounce

Drugs in Sewage & Treated Water (parts per TRILLION)

(L.A. Times, Water Replenishment District of So. California)

Drug Entering water plant Discharged into Groundwater

Acetaminophen 20,300 to 35,200 Under 10

Ibuprofen 4,720 to 6,630 43 to 52

Naproxen 3,*** to 5,100 35 to 74

Gemfibrozil (anti-cholesterol) 2,300 to 3,020 733 to 1,110

Triclosan (antibiotic) 610 to 667 51 to 74

Sulfmethoxazole (antibiotic) 320 to 882 742 to 919

Erythromycin (antibiotic) 205 to 299 419 to 517 ****

Trimethoprim (antibiotic) 178 to 591 231 to 337

Meprobamate (anti-anxiety) 194 to 241 219 to 294

Carbamazepine (anti-seizure) 58 to 95 93 to 133

Estrogens (female hormones) 69.6 4.6

Hydrocodone (pain killer) 31 to 52 34 to 50

Diclofenac (arthritis) 22 to 30 40 to 63

Dilantin (anti-convulsant) 39 to 48 98 to 120

Fluoxetine (anti-depressant) Under 10 13 to 18 ****

http://www. freerepublic. com/focus/f-bloggers/1568421/posts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Diet whilst on Hydroxycut-mouseloaf.jpg  
    Last edited by AdamGH; 11-25-2008 at 09:32 PM.

here is another good article:

Here is a very brief sampling of the FDA's Food Defect Action Level list. They begin investigation when foods reach the action level they've set. According to the FDA, typical foods contain about 10 percent of the action level, but others say they contain more like 40 percent.

CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

*Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    *Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

CITRUS FRUIT JUICES, CANNED

* Insects and insect eggs: 5 or more Drosophila and other fly eggs per 250 ml or 1 or more maggots per 250 ml

RED FISH AND OCEAN PERCH

* Parasites: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more parasites accompanied by pus pockets

MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS

*Insect filth: Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples
    *Rodent filth: Average of 4.5 rodent hairs or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

PEANUT BUTTER

*Insect filth: Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams
    *Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

POPCORN

*Rodent filth: 1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples OR 2 or more rodent hairs per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples OR 20 or more gnawed grains per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples

WHEAT FLOUR

*Insect filth: Average of 75 or more insect fragments per 50 grams
    *Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 50 grams

http://www. sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/29/how_many_insect_parts_and_rodent_hairs_are_allowed _in_your_food.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    here is another good article:

Here is a very brief sampling of the FDA's Food Defect Action Level list. They begin investigation when foods reach the action level they've set. According to the FDA, typical foods contain about 10 percent of the action level, but others say they contain more like 40 percent.

CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

*Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    *Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

CITRUS FRUIT JUICES, CANNED

* Insects and insect eggs: 5 or more Drosophila and other fly eggs per 250 ml or 1 or more maggots per 250 ml

RED FISH AND OCEAN PERCH

* Parasites: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more parasites accompanied by pus pockets

MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS

*Insect filth: Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples
    *Rodent filth: Average of 4.5 rodent hairs or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

PEANUT BUTTER

*Insect filth: Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams
    *Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

POPCORN

*Rodent filth: 1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples OR 2 or more rodent hairs per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples OR 20 or more gnawed grains per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples

WHEAT FLOUR

*Insect filth: Average of 75 or more insect fragments per 50 grams
    *Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 50 grams

http://www. sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/29/how_many_insect_parts_and_rodent_hairs_are_allowed _in_your_food.htm
    i really wish you hadn't posted this.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    i really wish you hadn't posted this.
    look at it as a little additional protein, at least in with the insects

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    look at it as a little additional protein, at least in with the insects
    *L* thats funny ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    *L* thats funny ...
    Thanks... Fortunately a few bugs never bothered me... I'm not that pickly

Thanks... Fortunately a few bugs never bothered me... I'm not that pickly
    well hell, they're delacacies in some countries

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    well hell, they're delacacies in some countries
    Good point! Maybe we could create a healthy, chocolate whey protein dip to coat them with? lol

Escargo for the bodybuilder!

Good point! Maybe we could create a healthy, chocolate whey protein dip to coat them with? lol

Escargo for the bodybuilder!
    i'm liking the way you think, lol

insects are a main source of protein in 3rd world countries

insects are a main source of protein in 3rd world countries
    very true... ever eaten maggots or mill worms? They're loaded with fat and protein... I had a roommate from Africa who would eat them every once in a while and he'd basically stir fry and season them... Crunchy, but good lol

Thread Information