slippz is offline Junior Member

is this too much?

hey. i'm going to show you my diet before i ask my questions...

age 20
    weight 229
    bf 17-18%

right before i piss/poo in the morning, i go downstairs, take 1 scoop of ON protein (about 23g protein), 1 scoop of micellar casein protein (about 23g protein) and then mix it with with about 10oz milk (about 9g protein) and then chug it down, do my thing and then start my day. oh, and i also ingest clen .

*breakfast* (right after i 'do my thing') roughly 8:30-9:20
    1 cup of natural oats; flavorless
    1 cup of cinnamon

then i go to school til 12

then i get home, have a scoop of ON protein (23g protein) and a triple threat power bar (11g protein, 30g carbs)

i play ping pong for about 2 hours, do cardio for 1, and then lift for maybe 1hr 30min.

right after that i go home (takes about 6 min) take 2 scoops of protein (23g/scoop), mix it with 8-10oz milk (7-9g protein) and chug it down. right after that, i have 2 broiled chicken breasts, a whole sweet potato (microwaved) and a cup of cottage cheese, and a little bit of lettuce.

dinner time i have another chicken breast, 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 scoop of ON protein, and lettuce / carrots.

right before i sleep, i take 2 scoops of casein protein and then mix it with milk.

okay now my question is, i've been eating my lunch meal forever. today i've noticed i've been getting full a lot faster. should i cut out a chicken breast? or what should i do?

thanks for your help!
    Last edited by slippz; 11-13-2008 at 05:00 PM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like too many protein shakes. Also you should be using the casein protein right before bed.

forgot to add that.
    i do .

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    as redz sed mate to many shakes u need more whole food its easy really jus have a look round the diet section and pinch things from other peoples diets and see what works for u.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I agree with everyone else... Also, there is a 4.5 hr beak between meals when you play ping pong, cardio, and then train.... You have a meal (even if it's a small one) before your cardio.... You could drop the chicken if you want... Better yet, add it to you pre-cardio meal!

great suggestion! i think i'm going to add a power bar or something of the likes with high carbs / protein so i can use that for energy. or maybe 2 of those.

i had one today and it did a great job. had like 30g carbs and 9g protein. should i take two of those, or will one be enough?

also, how's the myoplex meal replacement powders?

Quote Originally Posted by gsr x civic View Post
    great suggestion! i think i'm going to add a power bar or something of the likes with high carbs / protein so i can use that for energy. or maybe 2 of those.

i had one today and it did a great job. had like 30g carbs and 9g protein. should i take two of those, or will one be enough?

also, how's the myoplex meal replacement powders?
    I used to eat bars and powders, but I've made much better gains off real food, so I would limit them as much as possble (imo, PWO only powder, no bars)!

Can you just take a pre-made meal with you?

Also, why do you perform cardio before weights? The general consensus is that cardio before weights reduces the effects of a weight training workout (although just cause it's the general consensus, doesn't make it right... I just happen to agree.. just my opinion)

so cardio after weights?
    i try doing cardio in the morning before anything is in my stomach, but i've been having a hard time recently... so i just incorporate it with my workout.

and if cardio after weights, how would i go about taking my pwo shake?

so cardio after weights?
    i try doing cardio in the morning before anything is in my stomach, but i've been having a hard time recently... so i just incorporate it with my workout.

and if cardio after weights, how would i go about taking my pwo shake?
    most people who do there cardio in the morning on an empty stomach will weight train later in the day...

take your PWO shake after the cardio... weights>cardio>shake

thank you for your help!!

can i do weights > cardio > ping pong > shake?

thank you for your help!!

can i do weights > cardio > ping pong > shake?
    I would get in the shake before ping pong or at least half of it... You need to re-feed your muscles as soon as possible with a fast digesting protein/carb source, ideally within 15 minutes of training...I'm not sure how intense your ping pong is (professional, recreation, etc,), but I doubt that it is intense enough to be placed in the same category as weight training and cardio...

i compete in semi-pro tournaments, and am rated 1380 out of 2100+. it's pretty intense. we play really deep and swing almost full force each hit (wang liqin and ma lin style). lol. those are two players who are my idols if you were interested :P

and thank you for the tips fit. i really appreciate it.

Slin Ninja is offline Junior Member
    If you are doing your cardio properly, then i'd take my pwo shake right after the weight training. your cardio should be MAINLY powered by your bodies natural fat storage. and not your shake or food content. (that's why it's much more effective to do cardio in the AM when your are burning straight fats.) I'd do weights>shake>cardio>small amount of carb replacement>ping pong>then another meal afterwards. ReaL FooD is the ticket, lay off the shakes. it's so much easier to just down the shakes and check out the big amount of protein, but you'll reap the benefit of real food protein in the future bro. good luck

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    well gsr x civic once u get ur diet down and working let us kno who it goes mate.

you guys are awesome! i'll post up results in a few months. thanks a lot for all your guys' help!!
    =D

Thread Information