Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Bro I am a college student too. Believe me, I know exactly what you go through. Some days I sit in the corner of the cafeteria becaause i dont wanna hear everyones comments. It's a real pain in the ass after a while. I bet you can also relate to the lack of drinking you do and how every other student thinks your crazy. FcuK em!
    hell yeah, actually i'm starting a program to get some health alternatives in our eating area, like chicken breast, tuna, air fried red potatos and such, hopefully i can get a health alternative cafeteria open, it's a D2 college so it's more accepting of change

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    hell yeah, actually i'm starting a program to get some health alternatives in our eating area, like chicken breast, tuna, air fried red potatos and such, hopefully i can get a health alternative cafeteria open, it's a D2 college so it's more accepting of change
    Haha yeah I put in a request too...The dining service director walked up to me the other day "Out of all the years i've been doing this, I have never seen anything quite like you...and i have never gone through so much god damn tuna."

I could careless about people's criticism towads my dieting. I see them getting fatter by the second lol
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 11-16-2008 at 11:11 PM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I can agree 100% with the feelings expressed in this video. It's tough to find a cool GF who understands that I can't lay in bed all day (regardless of getting laid) and I need to eat like 5x more than she plans on eating throughout the day. Shit, I even cook for her too when I am in the kitchen...

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i could care less what everyone thinks. im healthy and i always have been. i dont eat fried foods, sweets and i usually eat red meat twice a year. im extremly healthy and i know it so i dont care what someone eating a bigmac thinks about me because he's going to be the one getting a triple bypass in 10 years not me.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    you think females are bad, you should try the college kids i go to school with, it's horrible, i got laughed at for eating sweet potatos and chicken, by a guy eatting chick-fil-a sandwiches and french fries, lol

i was like, hold up, you are eating what i'm eating, except yours is making you a fatass and mine is giving me a six-pack, who should be laughing at who?
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Bro I am a college student too. Believe me, I know exactly what you go through. Some days I sit in the corner of the cafeteria becaause i dont wanna hear everyones comments. It's a real pain in the ass after a while. I bet you can also relate to the lack of drinking you do and how every other student thinks your crazy. FcuK em!

College student here too and I hear the same shit! The lack of drinking is definately an attention getter for others to make fun... That's honestly something I miss from back in the day before I was serious about BBing, but it's a small price pay... Like Phate said, "yours is making you a fatass and mine is giving me a six-pack!"

My college has a wellness plan and meals set up now that are "supposedly" healthy options and they are honestly not too bad... They have to meet a certain criteria to be on the "Be Well" menu like less than 600 cals, less than 30% cals from fat, etc. and they offer 10% off if you choose one these meals and a by 10 get one free kinda thing... At least they're trying to provide incentive to slow obesity and eat healthier...
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 11-17-2008 at 12:05 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I guess I'm lucky, my family no longer questions what I do or give me crap about it, overthe years I have educated them for the most part and my girlfriend....not only is she supportive, but she even helps plan out my meals for the week and during season she does almost all of my cooking and meal prepping....gonna marry this one one day.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    I guess I'm lucky, my family no longer questions what I do or give me crap about it, overthe years I have educated them for the most part and my girlfriend....not only is she supportive, but she even helps plan out my meals for the week and during season she does almost all of my cooking and meal prepping....gonna marry this one one day.
    Hell yeah! Does she have a sister?!

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    i think Nark nailed it pretty well with what he said. One thing for sure is that those who stand back and judge, laugh, pick sh!t or make stupid comments have no little to no understanding about why we do what we do and the lifestyle we lead.

Im fairly lucky i guess coz for all the pople that think my eating and training habits are weird, not normal, stupid etc etc there are just as many that even if they dont understand what im doing they are still supportive and dont give me any hassels.

At the end of the day those who stand back and give you sh!t for what you do are acomplishing nothing and they will pretty much have to eat their words when they see you maing progress. And for those that havent seen 'raise the bar' series do so it incredibly motivating

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    Hell yeah! Does she have a sister?!
    Yeah but she's a druggie....LOL. I lucked out bro...she's really getting into this. Learning posing routines to help correct my posing, she helps tan me, and prep me before I go on stage, she makes sure I eat every 2-3 hours, makes sure I do my cardio...she's buying me an elyptical so I have one at home so I can do cardi oat the house....she's amazing....so in a nutshell I'm waiting so see what's wrong with her cause it's almost to perfect...LMAO!!!

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Anybody know where to get these dvds for cheap? 40 dollars for a dvd is outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    Yeah but she's a druggie....LOL. I lucked out bro...she's really getting into this. Learning posing routines to help correct my posing, she helps tan me, and prep me before I go on stage, she makes sure I eat every 2-3 hours, makes sure I do my cardio...she's buying me an elyptical so I have one at home so I can do cardi oat the house....she's amazing....so in a nutshell I'm waiting so see what's wrong with her cause it's almost to perfect...LMAO!!!
    Awe damn! Had my hopes up LOL.... Maybe there's hope for the rest of us?
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 11-18-2008 at 01:00 AM.

Oh hse had her moments where she was tired of it all but she sees how badl I want this, not to mention after seeing me in a show, she now knows I can do this. Hell she believes in my ability to perphaps one day go pro more than I do.....stay the course and keep those that are positive close to you....and forget about the rest. Just remember this world gives back to you what you put into it.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23 View Post
    Anybody know where to get these dvds for cheap? 40 dollars for a dvd is outrageous!
    Sorry can't get them for cheap, you can't even find them on warez sites or torrents.
    Its 35$ or 60$ pick your poison, I waited like 3 months before I saw the 2 for 35$ deal and ordered them, normally there like 30$ a pop.
    Its worth it if your really into BB IMHO.

I may contact Dave for a contest prep.

Mike Pulcinella is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23 View Post
    The Combo discount is for a TWO DVD set of two full length documentaries plus some deleted scenes on RTB2. It's a very fair price in the bodybuilding DVD market.

I understand your frustration but the reality of the situation is that the limited audience for bodybuilding videos is what makes the prices so high, although I am doing what I can to combat that. It's not like a Hollywood movie where we are getting a million or so sales to offset the costs. You are talking about a year's worth of work to produce each DVD and then only a couple of hundred copies sold. We do it for the love of the sport, of course, but there is the economics of the production involved.

http://www.mikepulcinella.com/dvdsforsale.htm

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    Dont you guys wish you could just rip your shirt off and hit a nice lat spread to explain sometimes? I think it would make things much easier.
    But... that's exactly what i do

UNCCwrestler is offline Junior Member
    For anyone following this thread still ( I know its older), how do you guys handle it when you eat healthier than your girlfriend, w/o making them feel bad? Like when I go out with my girlfriend and I order something like grilled chicken, and she wants a burger, I am always worried its gonna make her feel like a fat ass (which she is NOT by the way). I don't want to ruin all my gains from the gym, but still kinda feel like a dick about it.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^That is pretty much the cause of why the last two relationships ended. There's no way around it. Just gotta find a girl who is almost as strict with you her diet (it's FCUKING HARD), but worth it when you find her

Quote Originally Posted by UNCCwrestler View Post
    For anyone following this thread still ( I know its older), how do you guys handle it when you eat healthier than your girlfriend, w/o making them feel bad? Like when I go out with my girlfriend and I order something like grilled chicken, and she wants a burger, I am always worried its gonna make her feel like a fat ass (which she is NOT by the way). I don't want to ruin all my gains from the gym, but still kinda feel like a dick about it.
    I always tell them it's a personal choice to achieve personal goals. Of course you should always thell them they look great even when they slip (and 99% will slip!) Usually they just wait until your married and can't escape...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information