rookie28 is offline Junior Member

Body fat estimators ... Trust it or not?

Hey I was just wondering if any of you knows a method to calculate body fat that we can trust. I made several tests and it all gives me different answers:15% 18% 20% 21% 22% 23% and even 27%. thank you

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Wow thats a huge range. If I were you go to a local university and look into a machine called the bod pod. It is the most accurate way to learn you body composition. Just google bod pod

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ Reed that looks really cool...i was gonna post the most acuurate is underwater weighing , but it looks like this works just as well. When i managed a gym we had a guy who used to come in a truck that had a water immersion tank in it to measure bodyfat/body comp cant remember the company name ..anyway. I would say these 2 are most accurate but unfortunately most inconvenient

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I am more concerned with consistency than accuracy when it comes to BF testing. For this reason I prefer a 9 site skinfold done by the same person using the same scale everytime. BF testing should be used as a tool to determine modifications in your diet and cardio program.

jim37 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i agree with fire. thats how my trainer keeps track of mine. also just standing in mirror and seeing definition markers helps my trainer. i.e. how vascular is my forearm, lower abs, quads. he can judge a lot by looking at those areas but he has alot of experience.

Thread Information