Wannabejacked is offline New Member

First attempt at cutting diet(need expert advice)

I have decided that enough is enough. I want to make a life change and get in the shape I want to be. I am 25 years old 5"10 200 pds 18-19% body fat. Here is my first attempt at a cutting diet. I have tried to follow the standard cutting diet before, but failed. I formulated something that works for me. I understand couple of the items are not ideal, but they make the diet work for me.

Meal #1
    1/2 Oats
    4 eggs
    Calories - 430 Fat - 17 g Carbs - 30 g Protein - 30 g

Meal #2
    Turkey Slices
    Hardboil egg
    Calories - 190 Fat - 6 g Carbs - 1 g Protein - 14 g

Meal #3
    Protein Shake
    Calories - 290 Fat - 9 g Carbs - 18 g Protein - 42 g

Meal #4
    80% lean ground beef
    2 tbs ketchup/ (1) tomato/(1) pickle/(1) peice of cheese
    Calories - 400 Fat - 35 g Carbs - 15 g Protein - 35 g

Meal #5
    Chicken
    Veggies
    Calories - 100 Fat - 1 g Carbs - 6 g Protein - 20 g

Meal #6
    Almonds
    Hard Boil egg
    Calories - 230 Fat - 18 g Carbs - 7 g Protein - 12 g

Daily Totals: Calories - 1640 Fat - 86 g Carbs - 77 g Protein - 153 g

I am working out 5 days a week
    Cardio - 30-40 mins a day running/elliptical machine
    Lifting - 30-40 mins switching muscle groups daily

I am also taking clen everyday 120mg and t3 50mg. I am considering adding anavar to the mix as it is oral, mild on the liver, and has some fat burning properties.

I am obviously lacking in protein. Any suggestions in general and in raising my protein levels. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Wannabejacked; 11-25-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    you need about 600-1000 more calories. How active are you, and font be afraid of carbs id lower that fat to 70 grams add about 100 grams of carbs and 60-70 grams of protein,
    are you training at all?

Sorry, should have added that in the first place. I am training 5 days a week.

(5) Days a week
    Cardio 30-40 mins running/elliptical machine
    &
    Lifting - 30-40 mins switching muscle groups every day

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    go with what im doing we have similar LBM try 2700 kcal 5 days a week with a Macronutrient split u llike, i like fat20/pro35/carb45 but do what works for you experiment try things out then on you off days eat 1800 kcal

see how that works im leaning out pretty well

-AJ

Thanks for the insight AJ.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    you need about 600-1000 more calories. How active are you, and font be afraid of carbs id lower that fat to 70 grams add about 100 grams of carbs and 60-70 grams of protein,
    are you training at all?
    I'd say more towards that extra 1000 that AJ mentioned... Dude, I don't know how you'd survive eating that little amount of food... Your body is starving and you'll hit a plateau very quickly and not lose much if anything after that...

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    I'd say more towards that extra 1000 that AJ mentioned... Dude, I don't know how you'd survive eating that little amount of food... Your body is starving and you'll hit a plateau very quickly and not lose much if anything after that...
    I just started this program and diet this week. For the past 6 months I have been faltering and want a strict diet and program now. I thought for cutting you should keep calories around 2200, fat under 100 g, carbs under 100, and protein at 1.5 X your body weight? What are your suggestions for 600-1000 more calories and more protein while keeping fat and carbs down?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabejacked View Post
    I just started this program and diet this week. For the past 6 months I have been faltering and want a strict diet and program now. I thought for cutting you should keep calories around 2200, fat under 100 g, carbs under 100, and protein at 1.5 X your body weight?
    The amount of calories that an individual should be taking in whether bulking or cutting is very similar in most cases, depending on what the goals of the individal are... For example with a proper diet and an exercise regimen with weight training and cardio, most people could bulk or cut within a 700-800 calorie difference (i.e. 2500 vs. 3200)... Personally, my maintenance calorie intake is right around 3350 calories per day and I cut at 3200-3400 and bulk at 3800-4000... The only thing I manipulate is my carbs and cardio...

To get an idea of your maintenance calories, look up the Harris-Benedict Formula and calculate it, then read the diet stickies and post up a sample diet for with meals/macros/times all broken down for a critique...

Tambit24 is offline Member
    are those 5 whole eggs or just the whites?

Thread Information