NeedAnabolics is offline Associate Member

Weight of Food..

I was weighng my food the other day to cook my portions and it came to my attention that.. ex. I can eat 250 calories of sweet potatoes (12-14oz) or 250 calories of brown rice (2-3oz)... My question is..

Does the actual weight help you gain alot faster? Should I just eat alot of oatmeal red taters and sweet taters because you get more bang for your buck. Meaning they weigh more for less calories... I hope I addressed the question right..

Comments and Thoughts are appreciated..

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Is this a real question ?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedAnabolics View Post
    I was weighng my food the other day to cook my portions and it came to my attention that.. ex. I can eat 250 calories of sweet potatoes (12-14oz) or 250 calories of brown rice (2-3oz)... My question is..

Does the actual weight help you gain alot faster? Should I just eat alot of oatmeal red taters and sweet taters because you get more bang for your buck. Meaning they weigh more for less calories... I hope I addressed the question right..

Comments and Thoughts are appreciated..
    The actual weight is of minimal importance if any... It's the calories that are important... You should eat alot of the foods you mentioned because they are nutritionally dense, not because one outweighs the others... They are all composed of differing quantities of macronutrients in different forms, so they are all important in your diet

Thread Information