junglejoe is offline New Member

Diet and workout help?

I'm a 35 yr old male 5'10 235lbs and 18% BF. Been away from weights since last March.
    joined gym to get my ass back in shape. In March I was 270lbs with 27% body fat.

I have seemed to plateau within the last month or month and a half. No weight loss or gains in strength.

My goal is to reach 210lbs with as low as BF as possible. Would like to gain strength.
    I work out 5 times a week. doing 45min to an hr on weights and same for cardio.

I take a protein shake with a meal replacement before and after I workout and have a sensible dinner. As well I take a multi vitamin in the morning.

Am i not putting enough food into my body? i'm afraid of putting on weight as it seems to be way to easy for me to put on the weight.

Would seriously consider a cycle of Clen .

Any help appreciated.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Hard to say re: diet changes without detailed info on exactly what u r eating. First of all good job on the progress. Second it is really tough to get stronger and lose weight ...you can do it ..especially initially..as u have found with your result to this point...but at a certain point that gets more difficult. What I would do , and have done , is focus on getting the bf% down ...then when u reach goal work an adding strength , size etc. At that point u can carefully increase caloric inake so as to add muscle and strength without adding too much bodyfat.

Thanks.
    I guess the thing thats different lately is that I'm trying the Hydroycut Hardcore ( 2 weeks now).
    I get about 60grams protein before and after workouts. Is this enough? I've tried really hard to limit the carbs.

What would a cycle of clen do for me at this stage?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejoe View Post
    Thanks.
    I guess the thing thats different lately is that I'm trying the Hydroycut Hardcore ( 2 weeks now).
    I get about 60grams protein before and after workouts. Is this enough? I've tried really hard to limit the carbs.

What would a cycle of clen do for me at this stage?
    write down EVERYTHING you eat tomorrow and how much and post it, then we can help

as far as clen goes, let's get your diet set first, then worry about adding things to supplement it

Ok last 2 days meals.

8:30--Wake up have a protein shake with a meal replacement drink both are mixed with skim milk.
    10am-Workout for 1.5 to 2 hrs.

12:30pm have another protein plus meal replacement drink

5:30-- 1 chicken breast with BBQ sauce
    helping on beans and a small caesar salad

next day the 1st 2 meals are the same
    dinner was 8 oz steak and baked potato.

Just frustrated with lack of results lately. Looking to rev up the engine again.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    When you plateau, something needs to change. So change your diet, change cardio frequency or amount, change workout split... just change and things will get moving again.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Ok last 2 days meals.

8:30--Wake up have a protein shake with a meal replacement drink both are mixed with skim milk.

Just frustrated with lack of results lately. Looking to rev up the engine again.
    good example for change... instead of shakes eat whole food. give that a shot for a bit and see how that goes.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Ok last 2 days meals.

You need to be eating at least every 3 hours to keep you rmetabolism revved... Prepare meals ahead of time and take them with you during the day... Check out the diet stickies:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=180184
    UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Thread Information