DIESELPWR is offline Member

i have a diet/workout question

has anyone ever worked shifts before? im not sure what the best way to eat the best is while i am doing this.. ive been doing it for a few months now.. one week i work days from 8-4 and then the following i work from 4-12... and the following week is half and half of those... all of these weeks arent so bad.. but then the following week, i have 7 days of working from midnight till 8.. this screws up my sleep pattern and im also a little confused on how i should be eating.. i nap at work a little from like 2 till 5 or so but then wen i get home at 830 i sleep until like 12 or 1.. any one else do this or have any suggestions?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR View Post
    has anyone ever worked shifts before? im not sure what the best way to eat the best is while i am doing this.. ive been doing it for a few months now.. one week i work days from 8-4 and then the following i work from 4-12... and the following week is half and half of those... all of these weeks arent so bad.. but then the following week, i have 7 days of working from midnight till 8.. this screws up my sleep pattern and im also a little confused on how i should be eating.. i nap at work a little from like 2 till 5 or so but then wen i get home at 830 i sleep until like 12 or 1.. any one else do this or have any suggestions?
    can you prepare things in advance and eat during, like make portions of rice and chicken or oatmeal with egg whites and just bring tupperware or cups filled with stuff to work with you and eat every couple hours

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    yeah i can do that and i do.. but my question is more based on the hours wen im normally sleeping but im up if and what i should be eating.. the normal shifts are alright and im doing just fine.. just wondering if anyone has seen good results doing this..

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR View Post
    yeah i can do that and i do.. but my question is more based on the hours wen im normally sleeping but im up if and what i should be eating.. the normal shifts are alright and im doing just fine.. just wondering if anyone has seen good results doing this..
    post your diet for both days and i'll help you time it so that you are getting the types(digestion speed) of proteins you need when you need them

Brian is offline Junior Member
    I work weird shifts also. I pack 6-7 meals for a full day. Usually pack chicken, beef, shakes for protein. Oats, baked potato, rice, quaker rice chips(kethup is good) for carbs. When up late I just have veg with protein.

Thread Information