mustang331 is offline Member

Need a diet for serious Cardio work (Judo)

Recently trying to lose weight I have been doing almost no carbs for about 4-5 days then carbing up on the 5th and 6th day..

I was working out and doing cardio every morning (45-60min, 70% HR)

I finally got to a weight where I feel some what ok to get back into Martial Arts. I did Muay Thai for about 2 years or so at American Top Team.

Now I am doing Judo..

Its 2+ hours every night, from 7-9ish, doing no carbs is causing me to be a little more prone to injury and just have ZERO energy.

I tried a carb day and I felt much more energized, but I feel having carbs is going to slow my weight loss down a little.

I would like to note I am not doing cardio in the AM anymore, I am getting 2+ hours of intense cardio 5 days a week (m-f) I am also no longer weight lifting for the time being as every day I can barley walk and have to force myself to go back to the class.

I was eating

8am-7-10 eggwhites
    10am-shake
    1130am-chicken,tuna or salmon
    1pm-shake
    4pm-Turkey or some sort of lean protein
    6pm-an hour before training, another shake
    9pm-another lean protein

I was getting very little calories a day, I would guess about 1200 or so, with almost no carbs.. I had a good amount of fat through out the diet from Olive oil, sesamee oil and flax.

But I need to add some carbs, but I want to still lose weight and carbs and me sometimes don't work well when cutting..

What if I add in oats in the morning with eggs, b-rice at 1130am, and maybe a sweet potato at 4pm?? But no more the rest of the night..

I am 29 years old, was about 265 6 weeks ago and right now 232. My goal is back down to 170.

Thanks

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    How tall are you and what's your bf%?

I can only imagine how drained you are at 1200 cals per day and weighing 232 lbs! That's insane! You're body is digesting your muscle for energy, this much can be assured! You should look into the keto diet thread posted by BIGTEXAN
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=362171... YOU NEED AT LEAST DOUBLE THE CALORIES YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING IN AND PROBABLY MORE THAN THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    How tall are you and what's your bf%?

I can only imagine how drained you are at 1200 cals per day and weighing 232 lbs! That's insane! You're body is digesting your muscle for energy, this much can be assured! You should look into the keto diet thread posted by BIGTEXAN
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=362171... YOU NEED AT LEAST DOUBLE THE CALORIES YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING IN AND PROBABLY MORE THAN THAT!
    I agree.. and I think I will look more into the keto diet.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331 View Post
    I agree.. and I think I will look more into the keto diet.
    Seriously bro, I hope you do... I personally just ran a very short trial run of this diet for only a week just to see what I thought of it as I've never done a keto diet before and I loved it! It's definately the way I'm going when it comes time to shed the fat and water weight next time around...

liftohio is offline New Member
    " Need a diet for serious Cardio work"

Not for thanksgiving you don't!

And once you get into it, keto can be real nice, but the getting into it is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by liftohio View Post
    " Need a diet for serious Cardio work"

Not for thanksgiving you don't!

And once you get into it, keto can be real nice, but the getting into it is not fun.
    I was able to HANG (barley) with zero carbs.. And from my short knowledge, this keto diet has carbs..

Thread Information