Thread: bodyfat

bodyfat

Ok, I know if you burn more calories then you take in you are supposed to burn weight off. I want to be really lean, the lowest BF I have been is about 9% and that is with running at least 20 miles a week. When I ran this much I ate whatever I wanted, but naturally I don't eat much junk food. For awhile I upped my mileage because I wanted to get my BF down more, but my bodyfat didn't drop. I know diet has a lot to do with this, but will genetics keep some people from getting more lean than this?

cshibbyr is offline Junior Member
    I've read after 10% bf its really hard to cut down more. Maybe carb cycling will help. Given Im new here and learning as well. Maybe someone can validate this.

Quote Originally Posted by cshibbyr View Post
    I've read after 10% bf its really hard to cut down more. Maybe carb cycling will help. Given Im new here and learning as well. Maybe someone can validate this.
    Yeah it is interesting, another thing I'm curious about is I was in the Great North in the cold weather last year, I wonder if this has any effect on this?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    Ok, I know if you burn more calories then you take in you are supposed to burn weight off. I want to be really lean, the lowest BF I have been is about 9% and that is with running at least 20 miles a week. When I ran this much I ate whatever I wanted, but naturally I don't eat much junk food. For awhile I upped my mileage because I wanted to get my BF down more, but my bodyfat didn't drop. I know diet has a lot to do with this, but will genetics keep some people from getting more lean than this?
    Genetics plays a role in how difficult it is for an individual to lose weight and yes most people have a hard time getting their bodyfat below 10%...

Diet is still the most important part of weight loss, especialy once you reach this point.

Carb cycling and keto may both be viable options for you to try if you wish to drop your bf below 10%... Research them and post up a sample diet for critique with meal times and macros... Here are some links to help you get started:

Keto diet info
    Why am i doing wrong to see my abs???

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    Genetics plays a role in how difficult it is for an individual to lose weight and yes most people have a hard time getting their bodyfat below 10%...

Diet is still the most important part of weight loss, especialy once you reach this point.

Carb cycling and keto may both be viable options for you to try if you wish to drop your bf below 10%... Research them and post up a sample diet for critique with meal times and macros... Here are some links to help you get started:

Keto diet info
    Why am i doing wrong to see my abs???
    Thanks for the info, when I get down to where I'm not losing no more BF, I will try one of these diet's, I can get down to the 10% mark rather quickly but then it really slow's down.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    Thanks for the info, when I get down to where I'm not losing no more BF, I will try one of these diet's, I can get down to the 10% mark rather quickly but then it really slow's down.
    That's pretty much how it goes for most people, so you're not alone there... I would recommend the keto diet, jmo...

Thread Information