mustang331 is offline Member

My keto diet for today... What do you think?

29 years old
    235lbs.
    goal is back to 170 like 1 year ago.
    Already lost 30lbs. from the typical sticky diet thread, but been stuck for a few weeks at this weight.. It was annoying so I am trying the keto diet from the sticky.

So far this is where I am at

8:45am
    4 whole eggs (***** 3 one's)
    3 egg whites
    Calories 350
    Fat 16
    Carbs 0
    Protein 35

11:00am
    Cottage Cheese 4 oz
    Calories 110
    fat 4.5
    carbs 5
    protein 11

12:00pm
    Sirloin chop meat I made last night, a bunch of it, with cheese and mushrooms, spices and 1 tbsp of olive oil..
    4 oz
    Calories 300
    Fat 19
    Carbs 6
    Protein 28

2:00pm
    Cottage Cheese 4 oz
    Calories 110
    fat 4.5
    carbs 5
    protein 11

3:00pm
    Sirloin chop meat
    4 oz
    Calories 300
    Fat 19
    Carbs 6
    Protein 28

7:00pm
    Turkey burger
    Calories 160
    Fat 9
    Carbs 0
    Protein 18

7:15-9:15 Intense MMA Judo/BJJ class, extremely intense.

9:30pm
    Shake
    Calories 240
    Fat 2
    Carbs 6
    Protein 50

11:00pm
    2 Turkey Burgers
    1 cup broccoli

Calories 320
    fat 18
    carbs 5
    protein 36

OK HERE IS THE
    Total...
    Calories =1890
    Fat=93
    Carbs=28
    Protein=217

I know its a little low on the calories, but how does the rest of it look? Protein might be a little low, I could add a shake some where through out the day.. Too much fat?? to much carbs??

All help is needed!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by mustang331; 12-09-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I'd take out the cheese if trying to get into Keto and I'm thinking the same thing with cottage cheese. Do some chicken instead for the meal at 11. Keto is a state that your body goes into. Other than that I would also add in more veggies for your day. Get you some fish oil 0mega-3

Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    I'd take out the cheese if trying to get into Keto and I'm thinking the same thing with cottage cheese. Do some chicken instead for the meal at 11. Keto is a state that your body goes into. Other than that I would also add in more veggies for your day. Get you some fish oil 0mega-3
    WHAT?!?!? Take the cheese OUT??

I read the keto thread like 5x and read a lot about CHEESE is GOOD..

here, I just copied and pasted from that thread

Foods To Eat

As for foods to eat, well this the easy part:

All full fat cheeses are allowed
    All meats
    Fish
    Cottage cheese the full fat variety

Well from my understanding it can knock you out of keto as it is high in carbs and its best to spend money on the veggies for the rich array of minerals and vitamins offered. It is best to save BEFORE bed

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I believe one of the posts in that thread lists brie as a cheese with zero carbs, but i could be wrong.... Dairy is likely an issue due to sugars commonly found within those types of products

Updated and finished for the day.. Please let me know THANKS!!

Bigbus is offline New Member
    Your last meal of the day has a cup of broccoli

and your reading 0 carbs

better check that

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbus View Post
    Your last meal of the day has a cup of broccoli

and your reading 0 carbs

better check that

good luck

Yep good call!

add 5 carbs.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Like you said, not many calories.... I think you should add more protein and fat and NOT in the form of shakes... Eat whole food whenever possible imo

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    Like you said, not many calories.... I think you should add more protein and fat and NOT in the form of shakes... Eat whole food whenever possible imo
    I agree. Definitely need more calories. Your not even taking in a gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. And your fat calories should be close to equaling your protein calories.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    When you are on keto diet you dont need to eat 6 times per day, i found to have very good results on eating 3-4 times per day, also eating like this you can eat more at a time.

Since you are likely to be in ketosis your blood sugar will be stable. I dont know how you can train that intense on a keto diet which is even worst then low carb LOL but your diet is solid.

I had some cheese in the diet at first but has the guys said its best to just cut them out of at least dont abuse soft look.

I which you look on your goal which is quit good, i am on a similar diet right now but not training has hard has you due to back pain, 185 is my goal.

Also your timeframe is very good for slow weight loss.

Man it feel good to lose that much weight good luck for the rest of your diet.

Also dont go crazy cutting out all the carbs, i did 20g, 50g and even once 100g a day and i was just fine, the carb source is more important of course you have to keep them low but 50g a day from veggies is fine, they are fiber and will fill you up.

I want to make it clear that I am NOT doing any weight training.. I just do not have the time nor would my body be able to handle it.

I am a walking soreness monster everyday..

What are you doing for exercise?

yeah, what's making you sore if you aren't working out?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang331 View Post
    I want to make it clear that I am NOT doing any weight training.. I just do not have the time nor would my body be able to handle it.

I am a walking soreness monster everyday..
    Quit simple you say you train MMA, that is the reason you are sore, i trained MMA for 3 months and its quit enough.

Also being in ketosis will make you sore a lot faster since you dont have anymore glycogen in your body

oh, I missed the part in your diet write-up where u said u do mma.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    yeah, what's making you sore if you aren't working out?
    I do Judo/BJJ 2+ hours a day, with an Olympic school.. Its really hardcore and I can't even keep up, lol..

I used to do Muay Thai a few years ago and dropped from 180-160ish in no time..

I am now a fat monster..
    I asked a while ago what kind of diet would be good with this type of exercise and was told this was a decent way to go..

Quote Originally Posted by mustang331 View Post
    I do Judo/BJJ 2+ hours a day, with an Olympic school.. Its really hardcore and I can't even keep up, lol..

I used to do Muay Thai a few years ago and dropped from 180-160ish in no time..

I am now a fat monster..
    I asked a while ago what kind of diet would be good with this type of exercise and was told this was a decent way to go..
    To be honest, if you are training that intensely, I dunno if the keto diet is a good idea. When I do this diet, I cut my workout sessions in half and do low intensity cardio as well. You may be more successful with carbs in your diet when doing something that strenuous, physically demanding and taxing on the body. Especially every day. That requires a great deal of energy and recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    To be honest, if you are training that intensely, I dunno if the keto diet is a good idea. When I do this diet, I cut my workout sessions in half and do low intensity cardio as well. You may be more successful with carbs in your diet when doing something that strenuous, physically demanding and taxing on the body. Especially every day. That requires a great deal of energy and recovery.

VeraDeMilo is right on the money on this, with that sick training you need them carbs.

Same has you VeraDeMilo when i do the UD2.0 i follow it to the T, but man i could never train like that without carbs.

Might switch to a semi low carb diet that would be best or low glycemic carbs and high glycemic after you finish that insane training.

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    VeraDeMilo is right on the money on this, with that sick training you need them carbs.

Same has you VeraDeMilo when i do the UD2.0 i follow it to the T, but man i could never train like that without carbs.

Might switch to a semi low carb diet that would be best or low glycemic carbs and high glycemic after you finish that insane training.
    I agree with him.. I really do.. Can someone give me an idea of a diet with carbs??

Something still low, but I think I need carbs to be able to have energy

Should I lower the fat intake then? I am still all about losing weight, so keep that in mind.

THANKS

Thread Information