nadakuss is offline New Member

diet help for a fat boy

hi everyone i have been dieting for a while now been doing cv and some weights. my main prob is getting protien into my lunch at work. i work quite long hours with only a few breaks. 7.00 start, 6.00 finish a break at 10 a break at 1 and a break at 4. no chance to eat in between. any ideas for lunchbox fillers. thanks to everyone who helps.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    What does your diet already consist of?

Cans of tuna, make your own chicken breast and put in a cooler, hard boiled eggs, protein whey...there are many of options that you can put down without a break unless you're in an environment where you really can't eat at all. What's the job?
    Check out the cutting stick at the top of this forum, it will help you get a good guideline of how a diet should work.

Also, weights are JUST AS important as cardio/diet in losing weight while retaining your muscle you already have. Get into the weight training section and get a good workout program as well. If you're not familiar with weight training start off basic; bench, squat, deadlift, curls, lunges, shrugs...etc. Any compound movements with weight and you'll notice a big difference. Good luck and post that diet!

ok so here is my diet dont be to hard on me im sure its not great. looking for help/advice.

breakfast: poridige oats. was thinking egg whites here not sure to use as well as poridge or instead of.

meal 2 tuna sandwich on brown bread with an apple and banna.

meal 3 tuna sandwich again another piece of fruit and a low fat yog.

meal 4 normaly just 2 pieces of fruit.

meal 5 meal at home normaly chicken and veg, lean mince spag bowl something like that, i try to get in protien here limit the potatos and pasta.

now i have wrote it down i can see how bad it sucks. sorry i havent put the amounts of everything im working on it. also thinking of adding protien shakes.
    dont be to hard on me
    many thanks

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nadakuss View Post
    ok so here is my diet dont be to hard on me im sure its not great. looking for help/advice.

breakfast: poridige oats. was thinking egg whites here not sure to use as well as poridge or instead of.6 egg whites ad 2 whole eggs

meal 2 tuna sandwich on brown bread with an apple and banna.drop one piece of fruit and bread and add 1 oz. of nuts

meal 3 tuna sandwich again another piece of fruit and a low fat yog.drop the fuit and add 2 tbs. natty pb

meal 4 normaly just 2 pieces of fruit.drop the fruit, add a can of tuna and 2 oz. nuts

meal 5 meal at home normaly chicken and veg, lean mince spag bowl something like that, i try to get in protien here limit the potatos and pasta.stick with just the veggies and chicken...

You should have a 6th meal... Try out 1 cup ff cottage cheese and 2tbs. natty pb or 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

now i have wrote it down i can see how bad it sucks. sorry i havent put the amounts of everything im working on it. also thinking of adding protien shakes.
    dont be to hard on me
    many thanks

Judging by the title of your thread, I would assume you are trying cut fat?

Between what meals do you workout and what does training consist of?

What are your stats?
    BF%
    Height
    Weight

What I have suggested is just an idea of things I would change... You have a lot of carbs assuming you are looking to shed fat...

hi fit4ever180 thanks for your help my stats are age 25, hight 5"10, bf not sure how to caculate not in shape at all. weight 14st 11pounds. im from the uk so its stone here. goals.. my goals are to lose weight get fit and hopefully look good on the beach. but i am realistic i know its gonna take alot of hard work and strict diet. ok so 6 egg whites an 2 whole eggs is that cooked? also would you buy eggs and seperate them or buy cartons of whites? is there a a particular nut that you would sugest? what is natty pb? i workout for an hour 3/4 times a week after work on an empty stomach should i eat before i start training? mostly cardio i was thinking i had to loose the fat then i would work on building muscle. prob wrong. thanks for your time and your help.

Quote Originally Posted by nadakuss View Post
    hi fit4ever180 thanks for your help my stats are age 25, hight 5"10, bf not sure how to caculate not in shape at all. weight 14st 11pounds. im from the uk so its stone here. goals.. my goals are to lose weight get fit and hopefully look good on the beach. but i am realistic i know its gonna take alot of hard work and strict diet. ok so 6 egg whites an 2 whole eggs is that cooked? also would you buy eggs and seperate them or buy cartons of whites? is there a a particular nut that you would sugest? what is natty pb? i workout for an hour 3/4 times a week after work on an empty stomach should i eat before i start training? mostly cardio i was thinking i had to loose the fat then i would work on building muscle. prob wrong. thanks for your time and your help.
    Using the stats you provided and assuming your BF% is 20, I calculated your BMR at 2993 calories...

Eggs can be cooked and whites can be separated or from a carton...

Natty pb= natural peanut butter... I prefer almonds for nuts, but it's up to you...

weight training and cardio are equally important... bump your cardio to 6x per week at 30-60 minutes

thanks for all your help i am making the canges already i will post again and let you know how im getting on. thanks again nadakuss.

my pleasure... glad to help

Thread Information